SiouxSports.com Forum

Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

fightingsioux4life

20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I guess UND should have played Montana and/or EWU in 2016...................................that would have taken care of the "earn a seed" component.

Montana was 3-5 in conference last year. They played and beat 5 teams that were better than Montana. The EWU part has merit, the Montana thing does not.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Montana was 3-5 in conference last year. They played and beat 5 teams that were better than Montana. The EWU part has merit, the Montana thing does not.

.....and that's because UND has beaten Montana how many times under Bubba? 

Oh......so the one year under Bubba UND doesn't have to play Montana was the year UND would have beaten them. Got it!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Oh......so the one year under Bubba UND doesn't have to play Montana was the year UND would have beaten them. Got it!

Well maybe simple is hard for you to grasp.  Glad you finally Got It.

25 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Completely get it....trust me. Like I stated previously....................UND plays either Montana or EWU (have yet to beat either one under Bubba) in 2016 and they probably don't earn a seed and a bye. You play who you play based on the schedule you have........regular season and playoffs. UND was fortunate in 2016 not to play either Montana or EWU based on the schedule for that season. That allowed them to earn a seed. They then promptly pissed away a playoff win.........regardless of what round it was. So UND is still without a playoff win under Bubba.......4 years in. Does that clarify it?

The choked in the playoff game part I will agree with 100%  

The other logic is a little murky only because I am trying to determine if that logic would apply to non conference games to?  

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Considering it appears to be the best team Bubba's had so far and Montana couldn't get to .500 in conference, it sure seems would have been their best chance. Does Montana get carry-over points or something from previous years or something? Otherwise I can't figure out why they make such a difference.

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Does NDSU have a better system to keep "personnel" controversy out of the public eye than UND?   Why didn't Bubba kibosh the problems before the law stepped in like Klieman did?   What a boring Thursday this has been,

No police involvement in the Bizon case. Maybe NCAA pre-playoff drug tests failed.

Remember, just before playoffs, how the two Frisco finalists last year all each had a group of player that were suspended?

1 hour ago, homer said:

One coach took over for a guy who was fired and one took over for one who retired.   Think there may be a difference in what was inherited?  UND football was pretty !@#!$ when Miss was fired, can we agree on that? 

I don’t really know how to compare the playoff situation with you.  UND choked vs Richmond but the game was still a second round game.  

UND and USD started the DI transition the same time. They were both in the Great West. They both became playoff eligible the same time. They both moved to their current conferences at the same time (MVFC -SD, BSC - UND). I don't know what kind of special treatment you expect for UND relative to USD, but it's not going to happen unless you want to maintain simple "homer" status. 

I understand you are indeed @homer now at least. 

This is my basic position on Bubba, his staff and the program in general.

I believe this year was a fluke. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. That isn't likely to happen next year and I think this team bounces back nicely.

However, if next season is more of the same, I will be right there with UND-FB-FAN in questioning whether this regime will take us where we want to go.

Only time will tell who is right and who is wrong. And if I am wrong, I will admit it and start calling for a change at the top.

We are all anxious to put a national contender on the field, but we need to just sit back and watch what happens.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bottom line is the FB program is a complete dumpster fire right now. This reclamation project that is UND FB is all on Bubba from here on out.

18 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This Saturday, 3 of the 4 DI Dakota schools will be playing a playoff football game. Guess which school isn't participating? 

But yet, UND is right where we want them - no changes. Let's just give them time and hope for better luck. There is pathological perception within the UND fan base

As is evident by the multiple apologists that chime in here.

28 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This really summarizes my recent posts nicely. 

This Saturday, 3 of the 4 DI Dakota schools will be playing a playoff football game. Guess which school isn't participating? 

But yet, UND is right where we want them - no changes. Let's just give them time and hope for better luck. There is pathological perception within the UND fan base. 

Last year we were one of those three teams.  Now we need to fire staff because we aren't.  You're really smart at football.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This really summarizes my recent posts nicely. 

But yet, UND is right where we want them - no changes. Let's just give them time and hope for better luck. There is pathological perception within the UND fan base. 

You are correct.

And I am willing to bet dollars for doughnuts that nobody here is happy about that.

Like I said, if next year is more of the same old crap, I will be on your side on this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND and USD started the DI transition the same time. They were both in the Great West. They both became playoff eligible the same time. They both moved to their current conferences at the same time (MVFC -SD, BSC - UND). I don't know what kind of special treatment you expect for UND relative to USD, but it's not going to happen unless you want to maintain simple "homer" status. 

I understand you are indeed @homer now at least. 

So you keep moving the goal post.  First you compare head coaches.  Now you are comparing programs and athletic directors investment into said programs.  I’ll get on board with one of those comparisons. 

30 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I believe this year was a fluke. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. That isn't likely to happen next year and I think this team bounces back nicely.

However, if next season is more of the same, I will be right there with UND-FB-FAN in questioning whether this regime will take us where we want to go.

Only time will tell who is right and who is wrong. And if I am wrong, I will admit it and start calling for a change at the top.

We are all anxious to put a national contender on the field, but we need to just sit back and watch what happens.

Keeping in mind we have FCS coaches and not FBS coaches. From reading all these past season's FB posts, I would think this is the stance of a large group that visit SS. However there are more and more that are or are very close to being in favor of replacing all or some coaches right now. Very few, if any, on the opposite side of your position, meaning all is completely fine and dandy. The FB team must drastically improve next season, or changes must be made.

40 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The pessimist in me thinks that LAST YEAR might have been the fluke.  You know, when everything that could fall into place and go RIGHT did.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The pessimist in me thinks that LAST YEAR might have been the fluke.  You know, when everything that could fall into place and go RIGHT did.  

I can see that. But you could also say that everything went wrong at Stony Brook and they only lost by a punt block touchdown. Not all went right at Bowling Green and they lost because they dropped a two-point conversion. To me the season kind of evened itself out in the luck department.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I figured someone would take the bait.

How many regional rivals did UND beat by multiple scores in 2016, for example, let's say, 45 to 7? I recall UND barely squeaking by USD at the Alerus Center in a game they trailed the majority of the time. 

Also, UND was at home whereas USD was on the road. So, which game was *actually* tougher? So much for homefield advantage.

Folks want to say that 2017 is an anomaly year, but what if 2016 was actually the anomaly? No Montana or EWU ... 

We'll see.

"Figured someone would take the bait".

So again, you're just trolling at this point.