SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

No we just saw the replay...he sees him coming. I played the game

Looked that way to me too.   He just needs to use his head a little more.   He's been in the box way too much this weekend against the third best PP in the country. 

2 minutes ago, SiouxCrioux1 said:

Montgomery is disgusting. His antics after that play were crap. Plante should have never been playing and he knows it. I’m so sick of every time someone gets hurt it has to be 5.

That’s true ...should have been a 2

1 minute ago, SiouxCrioux1 said:

Montgomery is disgusting. His antics after that play were crap. Plante should have never been playing and he knows it. I’m so sick of every time someone gets hurt it has to be 5.

So agree.  Saw him mouth "cheap shot".  I think Plante and Smith ran into each other, and the stronger dude won the collision.  They didn't show a good replay though.  Was it to head?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I could see that being a 2min for interference, but a 5?  No way.

Boarding Definition:

Rule 42 - Boarding
42.1  Boarding - A player shall not body check, cross-check, elbow, charge or trip an opponent from the front or side in such a manner that causes the opponent to be thrown violently into the boards (see Rule 50).
             PENALTY—Minor or major at the discretion of the referee, based on degree of violence of the impact with the boards. A game misconduct or disqualification may be assessed at the discretion of the referee.

Only thing I can see it being for interference:

Interference with Significant Contact
- The Referee, at his discretion  may assess the following penalty based on the severity of the contact to a player guilty of interfering with an opponent.
           PENALTY – Major. A game misconduct or disqualification may be assessed at the discretion of the referee.
A player delivering a check to an unsuspecting and vulnerable player puts themselves in jeopardy of being penalized under this rule. Officials are to pay particular attention to these examples when applying this rule. These are intended as guidance and include, but are not limited to, the following:
•A player that is reckless;
•A player that has just released a shot or pass;
•A player that is about to receive a pass; or
•A player that delivers a late hit

Those are taken directly from the rule book.

3 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

So agree.  Saw him mouth "cheap shot".  I think Plante and Smith ran into each other, and the stronger dude won the collision.  They didn't show a good replay though.  Was it to head?

No not at all...but smith definitely saw him coming. It should should have been 2

1 minute ago, ChrisUND1 said:

No. It wasn’t even close. They literally just ran into each other. 2 min interference just because it’s in their offensive zone tops. Montgomery clearly has no regard for his players safety puting Plante and Hammond out there. Hammond looks like he is skating on 1 leg.