SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

My question is why did Adams put his stick into the pad...there was no reason to do so

He had to do something with it after passing the puck.  He caught him with his follow through. Could have just dropped it I suppose

The scary part to me is that they would generally want to get the best officials to do a #1 versus a #3 contest.  Heaven help the NCHC if that is the case.  Just like at the regional last year, Berry took the high road by not blowing up.  You can bet if the roles were reversed, Monty would have come unglued!. Time for Schlossman to do a little research and see if UND has ever had 27 minutes to 2 minute advantage on power plays or similar.

1 minute ago, goalieheckler said:

Late to the party... but, did Denver challenge the call on the ice? ... had Denver already used it's timeout before that review? It's late... are coach's review even a thing in the NCHC?

Not that I saw, just Monty yelling at the refs to call it no goal. Shep was going to over rule the other ref with how he was talking to him. The other ref was good with the goal call and wanted to drop the puck.

3 minutes ago, jk said:

Did St. Cloud have a game-tying goal questionably disallowed in the third period eight days ago?

Yes I believe Motzko speaking out about that was included in his reprimand from the league. How about hearing about reprimands for officials.  Not enough of that, which leads to the arrogance where they are looking for confrontation with players and coaches, but that is Don Adam in a nutshell, no accountability.

11 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Some of us need to just relax a little. The officiating was absolute horrid tonight, but the boys played pretty well most of the weekend. Plenty of reasons to be optimistic moving forward. The team needs to worry about what they can control. Scoring one goal on the road (albeit, probably should have been two) is not enough to beat the #1 team in the nation. We also need to stay out the box. I get that some of the calls tonight were absolutely weak, but Smith taking five penalties on the weekend is not what this team needs. Move on to Union, which could be two very important games.

Smith's 5 minute major was bs as was the elbowing call against him on Friday.

That was some serious effed up officiating. 

On the fake penalty to smith the refs must not have seen the play and just took the word of arrogant whiner or they saw it and still ruled it a 5- min major. 

Pure incompetent officiating and deserving of suspension from the league. 

Arrogant whiner should be suspended for endangering the welfare of a player who had no business dressing for this game.  Two players bump in open ice and one goes down and has to be helped off the ice and can't even stand up ?  I hope he is ok but the implication is that he was nowhere healthy enough to play tonight.

If your going to give 5 min major and game disqualifications then you should have a video review to confirm.  Those penalties can have an oversized impact on a game and as tonight graphically showed the refs are too incompetent to get it right (although I don't have a lot more confidence that they can make the correct call using video, see the BU playoff game last March for evidence).