SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

5 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

So.... what does the his lawsuit, filed by 11 former women’s hockey team, do for recruiting for all sports?  They have a good lawyer. Stated UND had “repeated failure to determine the athletic interests and abilities of women students and women athletes  before it eliminated the women’s ice-hockey program.” Their lawyer just won a $3.74 million  award for the former UMD women’s hockey coach..

Time to just play sports!!!!

I'd hope no football player would let this frivolous thing affect recruitment. Their lawyer is apparently good with employment and general activism, but doesn't appear know as much about Title IX.  This will generate headlines (activism), but shouldn't amount to much else.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I'd hope no football player would let this frivolous thing affect recruitment. Their lawyer is apparently good with employment and general activism, but doesn't appear know as much about Title IX.  This will generate headlines (activism), but shouldn't amount to much else.

People will sue for any reason! Sad....

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Offering the right kids, just need to see some of them commit. Have to steal a couple from FBS programs like the top FCS programs usually do it.

First I think we need to start with stealing a couple kids from the top FCS schools in the midwest.....like NDSU, SDSU, Northern Iowa etc..   Sure would be great to steal a few from FBS schools but that isn't likely to happen quite yet.  

44 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Offering the right kids, just need to see some of them commit. Have to steal a couple from FBS programs like the top FCS programs usually do it.

Coaches need to sell themselves, their philosophies , and their program.  We need a breakthrough class.

3 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

First I think we need to start with stealing a couple kids from the top FCS schools in the midwest.....like NDSU, SDSU, Northern Iowa etc..   Sure would be great to steal a few from FBS schools but that isn't likely to happen quite yet.  

Well then I don't think UND is going to start winning quite yet. 

53 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

This is a huge week with the elite camp. Hopefully we can lock down a couple of studs.

Bubba's fifth season - recruiting contacts should be made, evaluations complete, needs assessed, and offers being made.  Time for this program to take a step forward with a breakthrough class.  Coaches need to sell themselves and the program.  Time to get it done.  

• Upvote 2

practices should be scheduled, film should be watched, recruits should be assessed, coaches should meet with recruits and their families, coaches should build relationships with the kids.  Wonder if the coaches ever thought of these things?

sincerely from the cheap seats 
Captain Obvious

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irish said:

Bubba's fifth season - recruiting contacts should be made, evaluations complete, needs assessed, and offers being made.  Time for this program to take a step forward with a breakthrough class.  Coaches need to sell themselves and the program.  Time to get it done.  

Every name I've sent their direction, sophomore on up, the staff 1) knows the kid 2) is following the kid 3) has the kid scheduled for a camp

I don't know all the rules and regs so I won't say any names but it is Moorhead to the lakes area kids.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Every name I've sent their direction, sophomore on up, the staff 1) knows the kid 2) is following the kid 3) has the kid scheduled for a camp

I don't know all the rules and regs so I won't say any names but it is Moorhead to the lakes area kids.

I didn't mean to imply they haven't done the groundwork - just stating it is time for it to pay off.  We need a breakthrough class.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Maybe Bubba needs a better recruiting coordinator than Gundy1124...

• Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Maybe Bubba needs a better recruiting coordinator than Gundy1124...

No doubt!! 

Although it's only a part time gig for me.....there are a few interesting prospects coming up, could project to FCS level, but certainly no guarantees. (I don't stalk HS kids, a family member just happens to be one) 

15 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

So do we have any big time commits yet or are we still fishin?

Fishing.  For reference, we got our first commit on June 22 last year (Rain Slater, who didn't stay committed for long, unfortunately).

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Fishing.  For reference, we got our first commit on June 22 last year (Rain Slater, who didn't stay committed for long, unfortunately).

Back in 2013 we got our first commit in mid October, it was Dev Ferguson IIRC.    He stayed around a year or two.   Unfortunately with the early signing date now it moves things up a few months.   I wouldn't panic for a couple weeks yet.   If we don't get something by July, then it's time to ask what's going on.   That said however, I still think Bubba doesn't know how to recruit.

3 hours ago, TRex said:

Back in 2013 we got our first commit in mid October, it was Dev Ferguson IIRC.    He stayed around a year or two.   Unfortunately with the early signing date now it moves things up a few months.   I wouldn't panic for a couple weeks yet.   If we don't get something by July, then it's time to ask what's going on.   That said however, I still think Bubba doesn't know how to recruit.

It’s been an uphill battle for Bubba to recruit people. He has to sell the program who has one DI playoff berth, a rival team 70 miles who has a dynasty currently going, and fight other FCS, and FBS teams in a footprint which we are behind the 8 ball as the new guy in town. This is his 5th season his players are seniors so the word is still out on his recruiting. But I’m sure you can do better at outrecruiting the likes of NDSU, SDSU, UNI and Minnesota.

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

It’s been an uphill battle for Bubba to recruit people. He has to sell the program who has one DI playoff berth, a rival team 70 miles who has a dynasty currently going, and fight other FCS, and FBS teams in a footprint which we are behind the 8 ball as the new guy in town. This is his 5th season his players are seniors so the word is still out on his recruiting. But I’m sure you can do better at outrecruiting the likes of NDSU, SDSU, UNI and Minnesota.

He has some things to learn about keeping and developing his recruits also - I understand the competition but frankly thought we'd be much further along by now.  And We don't need TRex to out recruit these teams, we need Bubba to do it.  That's what he sold us when he was hired.  

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ featured and unfeatured this topic