SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

Two cents that someone will yell at me about:

Can't fault kids that that backs out for an FBS offer.  It is what it is and they know they can always transfer if it doesn't work out.  

Yes recruits will find this board - they are better at researching online and social media than most of us.  Hopefully they have an adult at home or in school that makes sure they understand many passionate fans need to vent and what is said here isn't gospel.

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Wonder why he left there. Was a bio pre med major.

Well duh... look at UND’s medical program..... I don’t know about where he came from but I would vouch 109% for UND’s program (and nursing by the way). After 42 years of nursing every UND was top notch. The BEST, hands down best, doctor I ever worked with was a UND grad.....

This is the inside scoop!

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Wonder why he left there. Was a bio pre med major.

I've always wondered why people do that. 

I was always told if you want to go into a medical field go undergrad to a school with a medical school. You don't have to go to med school there, but they better prepare you for the med school process. 

• Upvote 1

http://www.hudl.com/profile/1260535/Cooper-Wise/videos

I think Wise could be a great fall back option. Not as good of a passer as Case, but way more athletic and looks like he has a decent arm. If we were to get him, I would be interested to see how Freund would use him. If Boltmann takes the job this year, we could start a run on dual threat quarterbacks.

37 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

I think Wise could be a great fall back option. Not as good of a passer as Case, but way more athletic and looks like he has a decent arm. If we were to get him, I would be interested to see how Freund would use him. If Boltmann takes the job this year, we could start a run on dual threat quarterbacks.

Has he committed anywhere yet and is UND in contact with him?

42 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

I saw he had offers from Air Force, Army, Butler, Dayton, UND and some others.  UND offered in march.   Could be a great wildcat.  Smart young man.

3 hours ago, Goose15 said:

Welcome to the board!  Is this just an observation or do you have some inside information?

23 minutes ago, bang said:

Next Chapter... 100% committed to Texas State University. #NewEra #EatEmUpCats

Now he's gone for sure. That sucked. 

fdsa

fdsad,m

Losing kids to Texas is one thing, but Texas State? UND just recently had a kid transfer FROM Texas State to play football at UND (De’Mun Mercer).

Can’t lose high quality recruits to non-P5 programs ... damn. 

Well, next QB recruit up. Freund needs to get a lot more out of that position than what UND has been getting recently. This recruiting hiccup may all be a moot point if Freund gets a lot out of one of the current 3 on roster. 

[enter critical comments of unfounded optimism here]. 

• Upvote 2

Looks like Danny Freund just recently started following two guys that could play Quarterback. Jayden Johannsen from Sioux Falls, he has some sort of offer from NDSU currently. Most recently Danny started following Hayden Ekern as well.  He is a Quarterback from St. Rita in Chicago and is committed to Montana St. 

1 hour ago, bang said:

Next Chapter... 100% committed to Texas State University. #NewEra #EatEmUpCats

Now he's gone for sure. That sucked. 

fdsa

fdsad,m

Can't wait (100%) to follow him in future bowl games - The Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa, here we come!! 

But......you have to win more than 2 FBS games in the crappiest conference ever created in FBS to get there.....FYI.

3 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Who can blame the kid, Texas State did wonders the last time it landed a big time QB recruit.  Anybody else remember how good Paul Blake was?

16447_5.jpg

Blake was ok, but my favorite Armadillo was the kicker.