SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wreckemred.com/2018/12/13/texas-tech-football-3-star-qb-maverick-mcivor-recommits-to-red-raiders/amp/

Just wanted to put this out there. Maybe I’m over optimistic but I just have a feeling Case isn’t completely gone. With him not announcing any other school I hope our staff has the same feeling and gets him back. 

16 minutes ago, bang said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wreckemred.com/2018/12/13/texas-tech-football-3-star-qb-maverick-mcivor-recommits-to-red-raiders/amp/

Just wanted to put this out there. Maybe I’m over optimistic but I just have a feeling Case isn’t completely gone. With him not announcing any other school I hope our staff has the same feeling and gets him back. 

Well here’s to him seeing the grass on the other side and then recommitting.

2 hours ago, shep said:

No one disagrees with this, but as the coaches seek to get players to come to Grand Forks, ND, the recruits pass through the town that has the team that will have won 6 of the last 7 Nattys. 

As long as that is true, UND is behind the 8 ball and I don't care if Nick Saban is the HC.

So UND will suck as long as NDSU is good? There’s something to that, but it’s not all bad. Why can’t UND pick out recruits that the other top teams in the region (SDSU, UNI) are vying for??

Point is, I agree that UND is in a tough spot grabbing players that NDSU offers a scholarship to, but UND needs to get players that SDSU and UNI offers scholarships to and Minnesota offers PWO opportunities to. 

As for Cedric Case, the situation is different in that this is a long commited kid lost “last second”. If not to a P5 team, UND should never lose recruits like that. 

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Is Boltman that far away from not being the guy that losing Case hurts that much more?

Until they actually play who knows. All I know is that Case had a tremendous summer camp in front of the UND coaches and he had a prep career every bit as good as Boltman if not better

Anyone know which coach was his primary recruiter?  If it was one of the departed guys, that would be a big factor. If the kid or his family check out this website they would question the stability of our staff and loyalty of our fans.   How many posters are threatening to stop supporting FB cuz Chaves didn't fire Bubba.  They would read how this is Bubba's last year unless we can get into the playoffs and win.  I'm not disagreeing with that sentiment but a QB who is as good as we think this kid is may not want to risk his future on the unknown future facing this team.  Frankly, our staff needs to sell kids on the fact that we have a number of key guys returning and our new OC will bring a multifaceted exciting brand of FB to the offensive side of the ball. We need to get the WR and Oline coaching positions filled ASAP.  There is a big difference in being able to make the playoffs and being good enough to be a successful playoff team. This kid looked like the real deal but I doubt he was going to start next year anyway. Tough loss.  I don't believe he is going to reconsider his decommit.

How about being excited about getting the kid from Virginia that had many other options rather than dwelling on a kid that evidently doesn't want to come to UND. UND beating out other FCS schools including NDSU and SDSU does not happen very often. Be glad you are getting him and let the Case kid go. Like most on here are saying, when a kid de-commits, they rarely come back. Better he decided now than in the fall. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, shep said:

No one disagrees with this, but as the coaches seek to get players to come to Grand Forks, ND, the recruits pass through the town that has the team that will have won 6 of the last 7 Nattys. 

As long as that is true, UND is behind the 8 ball and I don't care if Nick Saban is the HC.

Just drive them about half way between I-29 and the NDSU campus and roll the windows down and then make sure not to take the HWY 2 exit when you get to GF.