SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

14 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

Any of the coaches making their rounds by the Twin Cities?  Can't hurt to check in with Evan Hull (still dreaming)....but also Kyle Atkinson DT from Burnsville.  He'd fill a big gap in this class.  just check out the first play on his highlight film...https://www.hudl.com/profile/6861026/Kyle-Atkinson

I remember really liking Atkinson’s junior film. We could really use him. He would probably get his shirt pulled next year out of necessity unless major moves are made.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

Any of the coaches making their rounds by the Twin Cities?  Can't hurt to check in with Evan Hull (still dreaming)....but also Kyle Atkinson DT from Burnsville.  He'd fill a big gap in this class.  just check out the first play on his highlight film...https://www.hudl.com/profile/6861026/Kyle-Atkinson

Would both be great gets. Atkinson could fill a huge hole at nose. Has the size to potentially play right away. He does have a track offer from the gophers now though. 

• Like 1

to UNDBIZ: would depend some on what sport is his passion, track & field or football, for Atkinson.

Wiki has us at 22 commits, someone earlier said Ray Haas was coming back(??), didn't the 360 guys say they thought we would be under 20 commits for this class??  As much as I love getting new commits rolling in (there's still a half dozen or so that we've offered that I'd love to see come in), is there a point where it looks like we would be losing some guys that are currently on the roster? What's the max number for this class without losing anyone?  I understand the fact that maybe they are just overshooting it by 1-2 as we have lost a couple guys on signing day last couple years.

4 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

to UNDBIZ: would depend some on what sport is his passion, track & field or football, for Atkinson.

Wiki has us at 22 commits, someone earlier said Ray Haas was coming back(??), didn't the 360 guys say they thought we would be under 20 commits for this class??  As much as I love getting new commits rolling in (there's still a half dozen or so that we've offered that I'd love to see come in), is there a point where it looks like we would be losing some guys that are currently on the roster? What's the max number for this class without losing anyone?  I understand the fact that maybe they are just overshooting it by 1-2 as we have lost a couple guys on signing day last couple years.

Based on what's happened the last month, I expect the staff to "make room" if they feel a new commit can improve the team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I think think the staff knows the clock is ticking. At this point you bring in whatever you can to improve the team. I believe Bubba and co. knows they need to be competitive in the Missouri Valley right away in order to keep his job.  And we all know there is some weeding that can be done! I believe in him. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Agreed. Wouldn't mind getting an OL either. If they were to move Austin Gordan back to RB you wouldn't think they would need to get a RB?

If the RB is very talented, recruit and sign him. 

This coaching staff better not get too caught up in need and positions. Recruit the best players. More talent, the better.

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

Gordon is going back to RB 

It hurts losing Brady and Santiago, but we should have a pretty darn good backfield next year too with JJ, Gordon, and Weah.  They all are a little different too so we'll have some different types of backs.  The redshirts on the incoming RB's can hopefully be saved barring major injuries to those 3 and the incoming freshman will hopefully only get used in 4 games.  If the OL can improve, and with better play calling to loosen things up some, hopefully that means the RB's will have some big plays.  

On 12/2/2018 at 8:10 PM, SkoHawks said:

Atkinson was offered by south Dakota state today. I'm hoping Bubba's putting on a full court press.