SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, UND Fan said:

Bubba and staff have been busy - going head-to-head with other MVC teams on a lot of these kids.  New offers:

WR/P Matthew Wedig, 6'4", 210, 4.8, Beloit (Memorial), WI  

Luke Reimer, 6'2", 210, Lincoln (Nroth Star), NE   Has offers from USD & SDSU

LB Tom Brunner, 6'4", 215, Milwaukee (Whitefish Bay), WI

DE Caden Johnson, 6'3", 240, Wahoo (Bishop Newmann), NE  Has offers from UNI, USD & SDSU

DE Christopher Reames, 6'7", 215, Van Meter (Van Meter), IA  Has offers from NDSU, SDSU, USD, UNI & SF Austin

WR Larry Williams, 6'1", 195, St. Louis (Cristian Bothers), MO  Has offer from Ball St

PK Matthew Jaeger, 6'1", 180, Plymouth (Robbinsdale), MN  Has offer from Drake

DT Coty Lemon, 6'3", 285, Dallas Center (Dallas Center), IA

DE Nick Dejong, 6'6", 250, Pella (Pella), IA  Has offers from USD & UNI 

Dejong will play at Iowa.

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Just searching for some additional value from 5 DEs in a class. 

Did we lose one or does one (or two) move to TE or OLB? 

I have to believe (and hope) we get bigger than Tanner Polomberg and Jade Lawrence in the MVFC.  

21 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I'm getting concerned over the lack of weight returning on our DL. Will need a couple OL to switch sides or bring in a couple JUCOs.

Losing both NG's to graduation is an issue. Greer plugs holes and Tank made plays with his quickness, and Cieslak at nearly 300 lbs has been making more plays from the end spot, too. Of the returning guys, Bennett won't be an issue, we know that. Engwall is up to about 270. I'm sure Seguin and Ott will come back heavier next year, too. Morrison, Johnson and Honerlaw will have to work hard in the offseason. But yeah - we don't really have your traditional fireplug NG body on the squad that I know of. 

3 minutes ago, LH Golfer said:

Honest question. When recruiting kickers do you find FB players that can kick, or go to soccer teams and find athletes that want to kick footballs?

I think you find them at kicking camps. There are a lot of specialty camps for K's and longsnappers these days.

Just now, LH Golfer said:

Honest question. When recruiting kickers do you find FB players that can kick, or go to soccer teams and find athletes that want to kick footballs?

If you don’t go for an actual athlete with a strong soccer background you’re asking for trouble. If they’re just a kicker and don’t excel in other sports I’d look elsewhere. Soccer players understand how to manipulate the ball that other athletes can’t which comes in handy for onsides, squibs, and pooch kicks as well as how to kick through the wind.

9 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

This guys got some Santiago in him..John Eldridge from Lee's Summit Missouri. Would fill that RB hole in this class. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6375011/5be9ef61b3d34d0d64fa9eef

Looks solid.  Holds offers from us, Cornell, Georgetown, Colgate, and Air Force.

Do we have scholarship money and roster space available after all the D linemen?

• Upvote 1

The Dirksen kid from Willmar ran for over 130 yds and a TD and threw for 2 TDs in their 44-0 win vs Hermantown last week in the quarter finals.   Last night he ran for 90 yds and 3 TD's and threw for 4 TDs in their 62-20 against St. Paul Johnson.    I watched part of game replay on Star Tribune web site. 

29 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

The Dirksen kid from Willmar ran for over 130 yds and a TD and threw for 2 TDs in their 44-0 win vs Hermantown last week in the quarter finals.   Last night he ran for 90 yds and 3 TD's and threw for 4 TDs in their 62-20 against St. Paul Johnson.    I watched part of game replay on Star Tribune web site. 

Hopefully he doesn’t do too good.

57 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Why hasn't anybody offered him?

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

I like their chances against SMB in the Prep Bowl

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Why hasn't anybody offered him?

Probably the same reason no one offered Thielen or Schobert.  I don't know that he hasn't been offered by other programs but he is also a very good BB player.  I would think at least the D2 programs have offered.