SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

How is that possibly the most important? I want the best kids on the field and don't care at all where they come from.

The University of North Dakota should obviously be a place for North Dakota student-athletes. North Dakota kids should have a place to go in UND. 

We obviously know what happens when we let all of them go to NDSU instead. Hint: it’s not good for UND.

On 10/17/2018 at 8:02 PM, Cratter said:

Gotta go all over the country to get the best skill positions if you wanna win a natty.

Wasn't part of Muss's problems not enough local recruits, though?  Our top three running backs are some of the best in the entire country - hometowns are Fargo, Winnipeg, and Andover MN.  Top receiver is from ND, Izzy from Illinois, Toivonen and Maag from MN.  We can get solid talent from our area.  But if we can't convince elite local talent to come to UND over other MVFC schools, how are we going to beat out southern schools and convince kids to stay the winter in ND?  Recruiting out of state is also hell of a lot more expensive, especially with a tight recruiting budget.  I think it's great that we are working on our recruiting pipelines in North Dakota, because we need to start beating NDSU on some local recruits if we really want to be successful.  Obviously, if there is talent available across the country, we should recruit it if the kids are interested in coming here, like Lenny Nelson's brother, for instance.  But recruiting locally is more important, and I think it helps with retaining student athletes through graduation.  There should be roughly about the same number of kids recruited outside of the midwest and canada as there are Juco transfers, IMO.  Often necessary to have some, when the shoe fits, but the team shouldn't be built on it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

Don't know, but it looks like he has visited a number of Big Ten schools. 

With our OL playing better this year, and our offense overall......and our 3 headed monster at RB.....it's helping us being known as a successful running team, which will hopefully give us a better chance to continue to get good RB's.  Santiago and Brady were total under the radar guys, and I love that about them.....makes me enjoy watching them even more.  I think Santiago and Brady are in my top 5 RB's I've enjoyed watching at UND.  I love watching Brady just run over guys.....and Santiago....is Santiago. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

With our OL playing better this year, and our offense overall......and our 3 headed monster at RB.....it's helping us being known as a successful running team, which will hopefully give us a better chance to continue to get good RB's.  Santiago and Brady were total under the radar guys, and I love that about them.....makes me enjoy watching them even more.  I think Santiago and Brady are in my top 5 RB's I've enjoyed watching at UND.  I love watching Brady just run over guys.....and Santiago....is Santiago. 

Santiago being a 3 time All American should help real in some stud RBs.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, UND Fan said:

Three new offers:

LB Elijah Anderson-Taylor, 6'1", 205, 4.7, Centennial (Eaglecrest), CO

OT JJ Lippe, 6'5", 260, 5.3, Whitefish Bay (Whitefish Bay), WI

Ath Keenan Garber, 6', 175, 4.4, Lawrence (Free State), KS  Has offer from MO St

Lippe will play at IL St