SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

Did Steckler put his name on a committmemt letter and post it?  If so, it would be my opinion he should stick with that.

I don't know. I just know that it went far enough that NDSU listed him as a PWO commit on signing day. I am not sure when he told NDSU he was taking a scholarship at UND,  but I would have thought maybe they wouldn't have listed him if he hadn't at one point committed in writing, but I could be wrong. 

10 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I don't know. I just know that it went far enough that NDSU listed him as a PWO commit on signing day. I am not sure when he told NDSU he was taking a scholarship at UND,  but I would have thought maybe they wouldn't have listed him if he hadn't at one point committed in writing, but I could be wrong. 

We traded Andrew Jones for Steckler.  You must have missed the memo!!

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ featured and unfeatured this topic

It is good to see us recruiting more ND kids but we have a long ways to go.  Looking at SU's two-deep opening season roster, six of their 10 offensive linemen are from ND.  A summary of rosters:

UND                       NDSU

ND players on roster                       11                             22

ND players on two-deep                   4                              11*

* 13 if you include special teams

I fully realize that it will likely be awhile before we start winning many head-to-head recruiting battles with the Bison but the sooner the better - there are good FCS players in ND!

17 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

It is good to see us recruiting more ND kids but we have a long ways to go.  Looking at SU's two-deep opening season roster, six of their 10 offensive linemen are from ND.  A summary of rosters:

UND                       NDSU

ND players on roster                       11                             22

ND players on two-deep                   4                              11*

* 13 if you include special teams

I fully realize that it will likely be awhile before we start winning many head-to-head recruiting battles with the Bison but the sooner the better - there are good FCS players in ND!

Why the difference?

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I just went back through it again and I did miss a couple UND players.  I also rechecked the Bison roster and the 22 is correct.  

The point remains the same.  There are a total of 17 ND players (13 at SU) on the two-deep rosters of the two schools.  ND does produce FCS talent - we need to work hard at getting more of it!

On 8/28/2018 at 3:52 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Big story in the Forum about 2019 recruit Bucholz from Shanley. He is the type of student athlete we want at UND

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4491620-haleys-hope-shanley-senior-d-i-football-commit-learns-deal-dyslexia

I heard this kid is dealing with a pretty serious injury. Hoping for a solid recovery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Has anyone watched Adam Zavalney from Park River play? Kid looks about 6-4, good frame and speed. Could be a nice TE-WR project.

He's a division 1 baseball prospect also. Hear lots of rumors about colleges interested in him. I think he's considered by many the top baseball prospect in the state. 6'4" catcher that swings left handed.