SiouxSports.com Forum
UNDBIZ

2019 UND Recruiting

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

Did Steckler put his name on a committmemt letter and post it?  If so, it would be my opinion he should stick with that.

I don't know. I just know that it went far enough that NDSU listed him as a PWO commit on signing day. I am not sure when he told NDSU he was taking a scholarship at UND,  but I would have thought maybe they wouldn't have listed him if he hadn't at one point committed in writing, but I could be wrong. 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:26 PM, UND Fan said:

Another offer:

OT Michael Lynn, 6'7", 300, Englewood (Cherry Creek), CO. Has offer from USD

Lynn will play at Nebraska.

10 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I don't know. I just know that it went far enough that NDSU listed him as a PWO commit on signing day. I am not sure when he told NDSU he was taking a scholarship at UND,  but I would have thought maybe they wouldn't have listed him if he hadn't at one point committed in writing, but I could be wrong. 

We traded Andrew Jones for Steckler.  You must have missed the memo!!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

We traded Andrew Jones for Steckler.  You must have missed the memo!!

Seems fair. Does anyone know if Lynn was a PWO or scholarship offer from Nebraska? 

11 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Seems fair. Does anyone know if Lynn was a PWO or scholarship offer from Nebraska? 

I am quite sure he received scholarship.

It is good to see us recruiting more ND kids but we have a long ways to go.  Looking at SU's two-deep opening season roster, six of their 10 offensive linemen are from ND.  A summary of rosters:

UND                       NDSU

ND players on roster                       11                             22

ND players on two-deep                   4                              11*

* 13 if you include special teams

I fully realize that it will likely be awhile before we start winning many head-to-head recruiting battles with the Bison but the sooner the better - there are good FCS players in ND!

17 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

It is good to see us recruiting more ND kids but we have a long ways to go.  Looking at SU's two-deep opening season roster, six of their 10 offensive linemen are from ND.  A summary of rosters:

UND                       NDSU

ND players on roster                       11                             22

ND players on two-deep                   4                              11*

* 13 if you include special teams

I fully realize that it will likely be awhile before we start winning many head-to-head recruiting battles with the Bison but the sooner the better - there are good FCS players in ND!

Why the difference?

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I just went back through it again and I did miss a couple UND players.  I also rechecked the Bison roster and the 22 is correct.  

The point remains the same.  There are a total of 17 ND players (13 at SU) on the two-deep rosters of the two schools.  ND does produce FCS talent - we need to work hard at getting more of it!

On 8/28/2018 at 3:52 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Big story in the Forum about 2019 recruit Bucholz from Shanley. He is the type of student athlete we want at UND

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4491620-haleys-hope-shanley-senior-d-i-football-commit-learns-deal-dyslexia

I heard this kid is dealing with a pretty serious injury. Hoping for a solid recovery.

On 9/3/2018 at 3:50 PM, homer said:

He took a hard hit on the sideline.  

Word is it's only a bruised liver. Crazy painful, but thankfully shouldn't sideline him for a long time

8 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

At Minnetonka- Wayzata game. No Riviere in game unless he changed numbers . Is he hurt?

In street clothes. Boot on left ankle.