SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Does this writer realize the NSIC didn’t go D1? 

Why are you guys so insecure? I listen to the Dan Patrick Show a lot of mornings through 1660 in Fargo and the other day I heard the lineup of guests for The Insiders included the radio guy for Washington Husky football. I was like “great I’ll get to hear some good stuff about the huskys and our matchup.” Nope. They didn’t even sniff a mention of that game existing. So petty. 6/7 last titles and still so fucking petty.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Why are you guys so insecure? I listen to the Dan Patrick Show a lot of mornings through 1660 in Fargo and the other day I heard the lineup of guests for The Insiders included the radio guy for Washington Husky football. I was like “great I’ll get to hear some good stuff about the huskys and our matchup.” Nope. They didn’t even sniff a mention of that game existing. So petty. 6/7 last titles and still so fucking petty.

Why would they have the radio guy from Washington on?  Stupid.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Why would they talk about the UW game against UND? There is no interest or suspense about that game outside of UND fans. When is the last time a GF radio station had a guest on from or talked about NDSU football?

17 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Why would they talk about the UW game against UND? There is no interest or suspense about that game outside of UND fans. When is the last time a GF radio station had a guest on from or talked about NDSU football?

Why would they have the Washington guy on at all?  Did they get the Alabama radio guy too?

Do you not see how weird that is?

19 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Why should they? Media covered local issues most of my life. Now I hear about breaking news all over the world ASAP and I can’t find info about our county’s Relay for Life. Let local media support and report local events. Just MHO.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Why should they? Media covered local issues most of my life. Now I hear about breaking news all over the world ASAP and I can’t find info about our county’s Relay for Life. Let local media support and report local events. Just MHO.

I agree we need more coverage of local news. And if a GF radio station had the UW radio guy on I would expect that game to be a topic of conversation. But people are complaining that a radio show on a station named BISON1660 titled The Bison Insiders didn't talk about an upcoming UND game. If a GF station had an Iowa guy on I wouldn't expect them to talk about the NDSU game from a couple of years ago. Like it or not, that show will probably not talk about UND sports unless they are playing NDSU.

2 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I agree we need more coverage of local news. And if a GF radio station had the UW radio guy on I would expect that game to be a topic of conversation. But people are complaining that a radio show on a station named BISON1660 titled The Bison Insiders didn't talk about an upcoming UND game. If a GF station had an Iowa guy on I wouldn't expect them to talk about the NDSU game from a couple of years ago. Like it or not, that show will probably not talk about UND sports unless they are playing NDSU.

I think people are moreso wondering why the UW guy was even on a Bison station? 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

There must be some interest in UND by NDSU fans or there wouldn't be any NDSU fans (nd1sufan for one) reading a UND fan board let alone having nearly 950 posts.  

Nothing wrong with that but it makes it hard to make the case there there would be no interest from NDSU fans when a UW guy is on the radio in Fargo.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Could it be as simple as Radioguy A knows Radioguy B and they are fillin'/killin' time on each other's show? 

Most definitely.  Just creepily ironic, IMO.

Oh, and the whole Washington has absolutely nothing to do with NDSU...but I digress.

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Most definitely.  Just creepily ironic, IMO.

Oh, and the whole Washington has absolutely nothing to do with NDSU...but I digress.

I would expect the NDSU guys to ask the Washington guy about any FCS opponent, not just us, because NDSU plays FCS after all.

On 7/28/2018 at 11:57 AM, UND1983 said:

Why would they have the Washington guy on at all?  Did they get the Alabama radio guy too?

Do you not see how weird that is?

Culhane and Brake have guys on many times that he has relationships with.   WV, NE, TN, etc, etc.  Yes, I would have asked a UW guy about the ND game, seems kinda silly that he didn’t.

• Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:12 PM, UND Fan said:

New offers:

S Darius Luff, 6'1“, 180, Lincoln (Lincoln), NE  (excellent hurdler)

Ath Samuel-Salih Fort, 5'11“, 180, Blue Ridge (Blue Ridge), VA Has offers from Norfolk St, Hampton & SDSU

OT Tyler Cooper, 6'5", 295, Saint Croix Falls (Saint Croix Falls),  WI  (3 Star - 247)  Has offers from EMU, NIU, NM, USD, WY & SDSU

Cooper will play for the Gophers!

37 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Cooper will play for the Gophers!

I wonder how many times numb nuts called and texted the kid in the last 24 hours??  Fleck is a total stroke in my book.  (Texting kids every 30 minutes for an answer)

• Downvote 1