SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Wolsky’s film is pretty fun to watch. Get him to 225 and set him loose.

With the control wrestlers often have over their weight, I'm not as worried about him putting in the work in the gym and cafeteria to get where he needs to be.

https://www.theindependent.com/sports/local_sports/1000yardguy/nebraska-prep-football-premier-quarterbacks-series--part/article_a5ecab96-8be7-11e8-9b5b-1f9a0289e819.html

*Cedric Case - Lincoln High - 6-2, 195, Senior (#10)

Man, has this guy ever breathed life into the football program at Lincoln High. Cedric Case did not even start the entire 2016 season as a sophomore, yet he led the Links to their first playoff appearance in 16 years.

Not only that, but under his leadership at QB, Case has piloted Lincoln High to 13 wins the past two years. That equals the number of wins that program has had the past 5 years combined.

Last season, the mobile junior completed 69% of his 292 passes for 3,249 yards, 35 TDs and only 4 INTs, while leading the Links to an 8-1 record. That elevated Cedric’s two year career passing total to 5,129 yards, 54 touchdowns with only 9 INTs and a lofty 68% completion percentage.

Stop and think about that for a moment. 200 completions - 35 TDs. That’s a touchdown every 5.7 passes. Cedric Case a Big Play guy? Oh yeah.

Cedric Case has shown improvement between his sophomore and junior seasons and if the Links can develop another receiver or two to compensate the loss of Zion Perry to graduation, his numbers could be scary in 2018.

This kid has a rifle arm with remarkable wrist strength and the ability, not only to pull the trigger in a hurry, but to scramble in the pocket, throw against his body and execute Houdini-like ball fakes. Case is also a wizard spotting secondary receivers anywhere in the pass pattern.

I think Cedric is one of finest in the state at throwing the ball to a predetermined spot on the field with razor sharp precision and timing. He is one of those guys that can fire the ball through a car wash and have it come out dry.

He did have decent pass protection a year ago, but still had to scramble when that blocking broke down. But….I saw him play twice last season and witnessed only two sacks, so the line must not have been doing too bad a job. And I do realize some of that scrambling was simply play called rollout passes.

Cedric Case is the returning Super-State QB, so expect big numbers from this kid again this Fall. Very exciting player to watch and one of the reasons is his ability to improvise. Case will have Lincoln High right in the Class A title mix this Fall.

Dude reminds me of Fran Tarkington back in the Minnesota Vikings heyday.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

https://www.theindependent.com/sports/local_sports/1000yardguy/nebraska-prep-football-premier-quarterbacks-series--part/article_a5ecab96-8be7-11e8-9b5b-1f9a0289e819.html

*Cedric Case - Lincoln High - 6-2, 195, Senior (#10)

Man, has this guy ever breathed life into the football program at Lincoln High. Cedric Case did not even start the entire 2016 season as a sophomore, yet he led the Links to their first playoff appearance in 16 years.

Not only that, but under his leadership at QB, Case has piloted Lincoln High to 13 wins the past two years. That equals the number of wins that program has had the past 5 years combined.

Last season, the mobile junior completed 69% of his 292 passes for 3,249 yards, 35 TDs and only 4 INTs, while leading the Links to an 8-1 record. That elevated Cedric’s two year career passing total to 5,129 yards, 54 touchdowns with only 9 INTs and a lofty 68% completion percentage.

Stop and think about that for a moment. 200 completions - 35 TDs. That’s a touchdown every 5.7 passes. Cedric Case a Big Play guy? Oh yeah.

Cedric Case has shown improvement between his sophomore and junior seasons and if the Links can develop another receiver or two to compensate the loss of Zion Perry to graduation, his numbers could be scary in 2018.

This kid has a rifle arm with remarkable wrist strength and the ability, not only to pull the trigger in a hurry, but to scramble in the pocket, throw against his body and execute Houdini-like ball fakes. Case is also a wizard spotting secondary receivers anywhere in the pass pattern.

I think Cedric is one of finest in the state at throwing the ball to a predetermined spot on the field with razor sharp precision and timing. He is one of those guys that can fire the ball through a car wash and have it come out dry.

He did have decent pass protection a year ago, but still had to scramble when that blocking broke down. But….I saw him play twice last season and witnessed only two sacks, so the line must not have been doing too bad a job. And I do realize some of that scrambling was simply play called rollout passes.

Cedric Case is the returning Super-State QB, so expect big numbers from this kid again this Fall. Very exciting player to watch and one of the reasons is his ability to improvise. Case will have Lincoln High right in the Class A title mix this Fall.

Dude reminds me of Fran Tarkington back in the Minnesota Vikings heyday.

Gotta love a good quarterback. UND should be very happy with this one. 

Now, development, development, development ...

Offense has to become more dynamic and innovative starting THIS season (eyes are on you, Mr. OC/QB coach Rudolph) ...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SiouxDini said:

I may be wrong, but I don't believe he started on the WF oline last year?  That would make me assume they are looking at him at defense. 

Izzo also said he'd play oline at WF for his senior season

16 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

We need to hit a couple of home runs on rbs in this class. There will be a massive hole at that position after this year.

Next year -

Unproven Otis

JJ, who was dinged in Spring game

Teddy....runs hard, but size/speed??

Maybe Griebel at WR and Gordon LB are options next year or.....we will be looking Juco.

Or, hit a home run this year on a high school kid.

28 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

It was a UND fan that posted that the SD schools and UNI didn't recruit ND or outstate MN. I was just repeating them. 

I said it. I stand by it too.  Northern Minnesota (I said it in regards to a recruit north of highway 2) and North Dakota are not a primary recruiting areas for any of those schools above.  

One kid from North Dakota on the three rosters further proves my point on that area.  I’m not looking at how many are from the Bemidji/Iron Range area but it’s probably not many more.  

29 minutes ago, homer said:

I said it. I stand by it too.  Northern Minnesota (I said it in regards to a recruit north of highway 2) and North Dakota are not a primary recruiting areas for any of those schools above.  

One kid from North Dakota on the three rosters further proves my point on that area.  I’m not looking at how many are from the Bemidji/Iron Range area but it’s probably not many more.  

They recruit Fargo kids like we recruit Sioux Falls kids.

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Anyone know how many scholarships we have available for this class? So far we have 17 scholarships invested in this class. Gotta think we need a couple more LBs, a couple RBs, another WR and another DB.

Think we have any shot at that Evan hull from Maple Grove? Kid is getting a lot of interest. Between him and that Zander kid, you’d be pretty set. Throw Otis in that mix too.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, UND Fan said:

We continue to hit IL hard.  New offers:

Kendric Nowling, 6'1”, 190, Chicago (Marist), IL Has offers from UNI, W IL, Georgetown & SDSU

WR Matt Judd, 6'2", 200, 4.4, Frankfort (Lincoln Way - East), IL  

RB Luke Skokna, 5'9", 175, 4.4, Hinsdale (Central), IL  Has offers from W IL & Brown

Nowling will play at EMU.

• UNDBIZ featured and unfeatured this topic