Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
UNDBIZ

2019 UND Recruiting

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, BigGame said:

Why don't you continue to bash high school kids that made a choice to play football at UND, that seem like a reasonable thing to do before they ever set foot on campus. 

 

Part of me wonders if you would talk all this !@#$ to peoples face like you do on this website, I think I know the answer. 

You're ridiculous; your posts aren't worth reading.

And don't say I'm bashing high school kids; that's an incorrectly placed statement and you know that. I don't personally attack any players; the judgement is based on football ability, academics, and good citizenship.  Nothing personal. 

These "high school kids" are subjected to the recruiting rigors of college football. They are mature and can handle football criticism (if they can't, then they likely aren't going to develop). The statement that I'm bashing high school kids is completely ignorant and aimless. 

Nice try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You're ridiculous; your posts aren't worth reading.

And don't say I'm bashing high school kids; that's an incorrectly placed statement and you know that. I don't personally attack any players; the judgement is based on football ability, academics, and good citizenship.  Nothing personal. 

These "high school kids" are subjected to the recruiting rigors of college football. They are mature and can handle football criticism (if they can't, then they likely aren't going to develop). The statement that I'm bashing high school kids is completely ignorant and aimless. 

Nice try.

TAKE IT TO PM.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Langstaff is a big kid.  From ND - yes sir.

He's got a nice get off on defense. I wonder what they're thinking for his position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He's got a nice get off on defense. I wonder what they're thinking for his position.

He will play defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

Blair's issues with gaining weight isn't UND's fault (or Blair's, for that matter). Both parties have worked at it. As said above, he's an anomaly. Although there has finally been a correction and you'll see a heavier Bryce in the fall.

Blair has good speed for a guy his size. I wonder if this staff has ever considered using him at DE coming off the edge; he is probably faster than guys he would face. Nothing like a good pass rusher. Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

Blair has good speed for a guy his size. I wonder if this staff has ever considered using him at DE coming off the edge; he is probably faster than guys he would face. Nothing like a good pass rusher. Just a thought.

I've also wondered if he could be a situational blocking TE or hell maybe even FB. Seems like he'd be able to excel in that role, although maybe not as much playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkoHawks said:

I've also wondered if he could be a situational blocking TE or hell maybe even FB. Seems like he'd be able to excel in that role, although maybe not as much playing. 

You make a good point too. Just like Santiago came in as a WR, I'm sure there are other guys on the roster, including Blair, that could be better used based on their size and skill set, in other positions with positive results. Blair moves well so playing some TE would not be stretch at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if Wolsky and Langstaff had scholarship or PWO offers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Anyone know if Wolsky and Langstaff had scholarship or PWO offers?

PWO from what I can gather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Anyone know if Wolsky and Langstaff had scholarship or PWO offers?

Tom Miller ID'd Wolsky as a PWO on Twitter.  Haven't seen anything definitive on Langstaff, but I'm assuming he's a PWO too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SiouxDini said:

I believe both are PWO. SDSU had interest in Langstaff.

Thanks - that is what I assumed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxDini said:

I believe both are PWO. SDSU had interest in Langstaff.

Listen to this guy - he knows of what he speaks.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, we seem to have a glut of DEs in this class.  Due to Beach's size, is there any chance he ends up at NG?  Seems like he could be a wrecking ball at DE though.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hambone said:

So, we seem to have a glut of DEs in this class.  Due to Beach's size, is there any chance he ends up at NG?  Seems like he could be a wrecking ball at DE though.......

We like to have 15 D line ready to rotate in per game!!  I am exaggerating but I've been on this kick before.........we have a 3 man front while on the other side of the ball, 5 O lineman.

Current roster has 15 O line and 12 D line.  If you have 100 players that is 15% and 12% of total roster, respectively.

Now on the field, 22 starters leaving out the kicker, punter, and long snapper.  Let's assume 22 starting positions for argument sake.

5 O line / 22 starting positions  = 22.7%  (O line is 22.7% of starters but only 15% of roster)

3 D line / 22 starting positions = 13.6% (D line is 13.6% of starters, and 12% of roster which is pretty close.

We are light on O-line numbers and current D-line numbers look to be about right.  We have been too high on D-line in the past.

High at Linebackers 23 on the roster for 4 starting positions (although these are your main special teams guys) 23 % of roster for 18% of starting spots

Maybe a little high at Tight End, 8 on the roster for 1-2 starting positions  8% of roster while 1 starting spot is 4.5%/2 starting spots is 9%

The numbers support what we've been feeling......need more HOGS.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably too many LBs because half the safeties we recruit end up sliding down. We are desperate for guys who can play OT. We only have 3 of those bodies on the roster and Mortel is the only one who will be really ready for this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

The numbers support what we've been feeling......need more HOGS.

OL are like money, goaltending, and pizza: Ain't no such thing as "enough". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gundy:

In a perfect world you have 5 full starting line-ups (22 x 5 = 110) plus specialists (say 3 or 4 slots). Attrition over time would keep you in that 100-105 area. 

I say 5 because Sr, Jr, So, Fr, RFr.

Recruit a starting lineup every year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

gundy:

In a perfect world you have 5 full starting line-ups (22 x 5 = 110) plus specialists (say 3 or 4 slots). Attrition over time would keep you in that 100-105 area. 

I say 5 because Sr, Jr, So, Fr, RFr.

Recruit a starting lineup every year. 

Right, 5 for 5 deal like at Domino's, makes sense.

Only ours would be 5 O-line for 5 years = 25 (5x5=25 for the Bison guys) and lose 5 to attrition factored in. [(5x5)-5=20 for the Bison guys)]

20 O-line seems to be about right.  (20% of roster for 22.7% of starting spots using my assumptions)  We are at 15 on the roster.

We are missing about 1,500 lbs of O-line. (5 at 300lbs. = 1,500 for the Bison guys trying to follow along)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Tom Miller ID'd Wolsky as a PWO on Twitter.  Haven't seen anything definitive on Langstaff, but I'm assuming he's a PWO too.

Does anyone know how many of the 2019 commits are PWO vs. scholarship overall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×