SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

So class is filling up fast.   We need a RB, a couple more LB's and another WR.  anything else.

A good long snapper is always in demand. Nobody knew the name of ours that just graduated because he never made a bad snap!

21 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

A good long snapper is always in demand. Nobody knew the name of ours that just graduated because he never made a bad snap!

Jacob Holmen, I remember him recovering a muffed punt one time.

i believe we did just get a long snapper in the 18 class. Ross Hinders who had a PWO offee with the Gophers.

18 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Jacob Holmen, I remember him recovering a muffed punt one time.

i believe we did just get a long snapper in the 18 class. Ross Hinders who had a PWO offee with the Gophers.

Ross Hinders is a highly touted long snapper coming in. Should step in and start and never be heard from again like Holmen.

28 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Ross Hinders is a highly touted long snapper coming in. Should step in and start and never be heard from again like Holmen.

This would be ideal. I forgot we signed one last class. 

If I recall correctly we have a rookie kicker and punter coming in. A little depth here might not be a bad idea.

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Coley who committed yesterday is a LS as well as WR and DE. Versatile!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Impressive, such high morality and political correctness, can never question anyone or anything, especially Bison Dan. 

Bison Dan hyped a local player that has averaged around .2 receptions per game. (lives 25 miles from Fargo, how did they land him!!)

Big local news story 3 years ago!!  Could be a break-out year for the kid in 2018.  Stay tuned!!

It was a big local story because the kid had a Big 10 offer and chose NDSU.  It is a big local story in GF when a UND commit has one other FCS offer and chooses UND. Some kids are willing to sit a year or two to go to a program that wins and develops players in the long run. Elefson probably had a pretty good idea he would have to wait his turn, He may never be the one go to TE with Jensen this year and Gindorff in the wings and how NDSU spreads it out to all of their receivers, tight ends and backs. That doesn't mean he is a bust or not any good. NDSU has had players that don't see the field in their first 2 or 3 years and end up in the NFL.

8 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Wow, Bubba remembered that the offensive position of quarterback exists!

But in all seriousness, this is a huge addition. I'm still salty that UND did not get a high school QB commit with their 2018 class (foolish lack of emphasis of the most important position in sports). 

Now, will Rudolph (our famed QB coach) be able to turn the offense into something that at least resembles an effectiveness?

8 hours ago, BigGame said:

So people don't like your negative !@#$ talk over and over again and that makes them "losers".  When was that last time you posted something positive about the program?  Recruiting should be all positive because these players could all potentially be great at UND but you even make recruiting negative.  

Well, umm, maybe my previous post or two? It doesn't take long to find my posts that contain fair optimism and praise; don't be so damn narrow-minded. I just don't state my opinions for the sake of pure optimism. UND went 3-8 last season; there shouldn't be a bunch of roses and rainbows after that !@#$. 

"Recruiting should be all positive (???) because these players could all potentially be great at UND but you even make recruiting negative" ...recruiting is dependent on the coaching. Sorry if you can't somehow understand that. If a player can't be developed and put in position to succeed, then that is lost potential, not gain. 

Your rhetoric that we should all "shut up" and "blindly trust the coaches" (same ones who just led a 3-8 season) is quite ignorant. Ever heard of constructive criticism? I deathly fear the future prospects of any program that goes without it. Just because you have limited insight and understanding doesn't mean others should settle for that level also. I will support UND like I always have, but I don't have to be happy with every decision nor that UND went 3-8 last season. I am utterly disappointed by that and I hope the coaching staff and players are using the poor showing of 2017 as motivation. If they think like some on here ("it was just the injuries; 2018 could never possibly be as bad"), then 2018 will again be riddled with loses and excuses. 

I don't think anyone here "blindly trust the coaches" but it's clear the coaches can do NOTHING right in your opinion. You doubt the recruiting process this year as they didn't have the depth to fill in for the catastrophic injuries last year and I suspect you never will. 

Yet you seem sensitive that some have tired of your pessimism.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, shep said:

I don't think anyone here "blindly trust the coaches" but it's clear the coaches can do NOTHING right in your opinion. You doubt the recruiting process this year as they didn't have the depth to fill in for the catastrophic injuries last year and I suspect you never will. 

Yet you seem sensitive that some have tired of your pessimism.

Yeah, and here I thought all the problems of the football program were due to the evil hockey program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

It was a big local story because the kid had a Big 10 offer and chose NDSU.  It is a big local story in GF when a UND commit has one other FCS offer and chooses UND. Some kids are willing to sit a year or two to go to a program that wins and develops players in the long run. Elefson probably had a pretty good idea he would have to wait his turn, He may never be the one go to TE with Jensen this year and Gindorff in the wings and how NDSU spreads it out to all of their receivers, tight ends and backs. That doesn't mean he is a bust or not any good. NDSU has had players that don't see the field in their first 2 or 3 years and end up in the NFL.

#butpurdue

8 hours ago, BigGame said:

Did that strike nerve?  Do you now claim to have better football knowledge and experience than the current football staff?  If so let's get you hired so you can work your magic. 

You are not even close to a nerve with your babble.  The fact is that I was expressing an opinion of our O coordinator that is shared by about 80% of the posters here.  Although I am not currently seeking employment, I could eat a can of alphabet soup and crap out a better game plan than Rudolph has shown us.  That being said, I am hopeful for this season and hope our recruiting class is among our best.  I hope Bubba's team has had a great, motivated off season and that the new players provide us with the necessary spark.  This is his 5th season so expectations are high. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Irish said:

You are not even close to a nerve with your babble.  The fact is that I was expressing an opinion of our O coordinator that is shared by about 80% of the posters here.  Although I am not currently seeking employment, I could eat a can of alphabet soup and crap out a better game plan than Rudolph has shown us.  That being said, I am hopeful for this season and hope our recruiting class is among our best.  I hope Bubba's team has had a great, motivated off season and that the new players provide us with the necessary spark.  This is his 5th season so expectations are high. 

Eighty percent seems low to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ featured and unfeatured this topic