SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

4 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Another:

WR Jayson Coley, 6', 160, 4.8, Country Club Hills (Hillcrest), IL Has offer from EIU

Another WR offer:

Chrysten Cochran, 6'1", 175, 4.5, West Bloomfield (River Rouge), MI  Has offers from Morgan St & Cornell (3.9 GPA)

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Another WR offer:

Chrysten Cochran, 6'1", 175, 4.5, West Bloomfield (River Rouge), MI  Has offers from Morgan St & Cornell (3.9 GPA)

I like the sound of those two numbers....4.5....and 3.9.

5 hours ago, Hambone said:

Coley has committed.

Played WR and DE in high school...seems like a little bit of an odd combination, also long snapped.  Guess he could also maybe make for backup emergency long snapper too. :) 

On 7/21/2018 at 1:22 PM, jdub27 said:

With their success, NDSU has expanded their recruiting footprint, though they obviously still get a good portion of local talent. The South Dakota schools and UNI don't recruit ND and Minnesota outside of the MSP area, so not seeing some of these kids have other offers is not surprising. The majority of them have been to multiple camps and the staff has had plenty of time to see them. 

UNI and both SD schools found and offered Yohnke this year and Elefson and Gindorff recently, so yes, they do recruit Northern MN. 

50 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

UNI and both SD schools found and offered Yohnke this year and Elefson and Gindorff recently, so yes, they do recruit Northern MN. 

One player per year.  So yah, they basically don't recruit middle to northern Minnesota.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

"Thee" Ben Elefson that is, with 6 career receptions in mop up time. (freshman and Sophomore)

Does he break out his Jr. and Sr. year??  If not what a flop considering the hype.

9 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

"Thee" Ben Elefson that is, with 6 career receptions in mop up time. (freshman and Sophomore)

Does he break out his Jr. and Sr. year??  If not what a flop considering the hype.

He’s on the Joe Prothroe career path. Future football god.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

In our offense the TE's primary responsibility is blocking.  Of those 6 receptions 3 were TD's.  Did any of your TE have a TD last year?  As far as flops go I don't think you need to go any farther than GF.

2 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

In our offense the TE's primary responsibility is blocking.  Of those 6 receptions 3 were TD's.  Did any of your TE have a TD last year?  As far as flops go I don't think you need to go any farther than GF.

It's not very often that I will publicly agree with a Bison fan but he is "right on" - we shouldn't be second-guessing anything that happens in the football program 70 miles south.  They recruit very well, turn walk-ons into studs and seldom lose a game.  Hopefully, that will be the case soon in GF but it certainly has not been happening the last few years!!

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Um, .... mentioning "flops", your question just may have. 

Alex Cloyd, Hunter Pinke, and Luke Fiedler each had one. That's three. And they combined for 16 receptions. 

https://und_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/www.fightingsioux.com/fls/13500/stats/football/2017/TEAMCUME.HTM 

21 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Um, .... mentioning "flops", your question just may have. 

Alex Cloyd, Hunter Pinke, and Luke Fiedler each had one. That's three. And they combined for 16 receptions. 

https://und_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/www.fightingsioux.com/fls/13500/stats/football/2017/TEAMCUME.HTM 

I think we have all called out our TEs and lack of production many times over.  

42 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

3 TDS as follows:

TD vrs Sam H. St. made it 48-6

TD vrs Miss V St. made it 58-7

TD vrs Indiana St. made it 45-0

Get the mop out!! 

He is a local kid, from my dad's home town.  I hope he has a break out season!!  But thus far......pretty sparse production.

Just jabbing a little.  And sorry for getting off topic.

My 2019 sources say the Riviere kid is the cream at TE.  And the next target for UND is better than the Riviere kid.  Probably not a secret as several MVFC are high on him.

• Upvote 1

Another OL commit from Luke on Twitter - and boy do we need to hit on some OL.

Probably can't block near as good as Jimmy K 2.0 (Ben Elefson)  But if we get ahead 40 points (big If) we could throw him an OL eligible meaningless touch down pass, never know.

• Upvote 3

What do we get out of bad-mouthing another school’s recruits/players on this board?  I think it’s in poor taste personally, and likely some sour grapes because we likely wanted the kid too...

in Ellefson’s case he only saw mop-up duty because Seniors Illies and Wentz were pretty dang good for NDSU.  Personally when we use our TE’s 10% as well as NDSU does I’ll be happy.  

• Upvote 3