SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

4 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Malone took a liberty on a player. Hit him from the front, but yes, there was contact to the head, thus illegal.  When I re-watch it, it does look like Malone glides into the hit though, which makes me question the charge, but the clip I saw doesn't show much before the hit. While Martin is not a completely defenseless player, those type of super violent hits need to be taken out of the game.  Its funny, when I played, I didn't feel that way...having a kid who plays...I feel that way now...you check to remove an opponent from the puck, not to remove an opponent's head from his body.

Not exactly a pump up video, but everyone should watch Jesse Martin's TedTalk on youtube, so incredible. Basically the dr's said 98% of the people that break the vertebrae he broke die. Of those 2% that survive about 98% are quadriplegic. Regardless of the legality of the hit, I'm honestly just happy we didn't see a college hockey player die at The Ralph that night.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bcblues said:

I think it will be an uphill battle.  Denver has some goal scoring horsepower, and our defense is a bit shaky, especially on PK.  We better stay out of the penalty box, or else we could see the light behind Thome way too often tonight.....

There are 50+ teams that would love to be as shaky on the PK as UND.

• Upvote 3