SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Wow, did anyone catch Coach Montgomery after he shook hands with the North Dakota coaching staff?!?! He absolutely lost his marbles, yelling at the officials. 

DU’s problem at this point is their own arrogance, not the officials. 

(Unless it was about kicking guys out of the faceoff- because then I’d agree) 

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

The announcers speculated that it was the faceoff thing, I believe.

9 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I'm out.  Good luck.  I can't watch this garbage.  I'd rather watch WHL...this SIoux team is the worst that I've seen since I started paying attention again when Parise showed up.

Perhaps you should stick to the sports you know like maybe Bouncy Ball?

Watched game on Dish TV along the Little Missouri after a day's hunt. One of the better UND come back victories I have seen in a while. Takes the sting of me missing a 5x5 muley with the bow before sunset...........

4 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Perhaps he should have voiced his displeasure at the coaches’ meetings. When they found out faceoff encroachment was a point of emphasis for the next season.  8m a little pissed they went with the secondary option for a second violation on the same face off.   Ringing the faceoff to the neutral zone. The primary option is a delay of game penalty. 

12 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Perhaps he should have voiced his displeasure at the coaches’ meetings. When they found out faceoff encroachment was a point of emphasis for the next season.  8m a little pissed they went with the secondary option for a second violation on the same face off.   Ringing the faceoff to the neutral zone. The primary option is a delay of game penalty. 

I can’t wait to see them actually call that penalty the way it’s written.  Talk about a coach going nuclear with a “drop the bleeping puck” tirade.  Don’t think I’ve ever seen a second center thrown out to be honest with you. 

Seems like when they throw a center for either team out there is more encroachment on the second time around.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I can’t wait to see them actually call that penalty the way it’s written.  Talk about a coach going nuclear with a “drop the bleeping puck” tirade.  Don’t think I’ve ever seen a second center thrown out to be honest with you. 

Seems like when they throw a center for either team out there is more encroachment on the second time around.

Yep because the coaches know it’s not going to get called.  Last night it got called but baby Shepard neutered the punishment on it. 

I’m not sure this is a good look for a college coach. I understand calling out your leaders inside the locker room but publically seems a bit much especially after the last two post game tirads. 

“We have a serious lack of commitment to a team-first attitude right now,” Montgomery added. “We have lapses that are ‘oh my god’ bad. It’s happening primarily by returning players that have won championships. We’re not getting led the right way right now.”

https://letsgodu.com/2017/11/17/pioneers-blow-3-0-lead-show-little-life-after-first-period-in-5-4-loss-to-north-dakota/

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

What is the comment in let'sgodu blog mean? "The roughly 2,000 North Dakota fans (200 fans of a real team)......"???

I think it's a snowflake shot at the number of fans wearing Fighting Hawks gear, while the other 1,800 were wearing Sioux apparel.