SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

I have played on good teams and bad teams, but never on a team where we did not want to win and did not play to our ability. We had good nights and bad nights, and sometimes people were hurt, or stressed and not playing their best, but that was the potential for the night.  Coaches and player-leaders can have a profound effect.  But I don't think any hockey player ever steps out on the ice with the idea they are going to play beneath their potential.

To the moronic SJW (yes - I know - redundant) with the white board that said something to the effect "you've been the Fighting Hawks since 2010 - buy a new jersey" - as usual, your information is incorrect - not that it matters to you - it's all about doing and saying whatever makes you feel better.  Hopefully some day soon someone parts your hair with that white board (jackass).

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, DamStrait said:

To the moronic SJW (yes - I know - redundant) with the white board that said something to the effect "you've been the Fighting Hawks since 2010 - buy a new jersey" - as usual, your information is incorrect - not that it matters to you - it's all about doing and saying whatever makes you feel better.  Hopefully some day soon someone parts your hair with that white board (jackass).

Agreed.  How'd that whiteboard work for you tonite?  They kept showing it during the broadcast and at one point it said something like, " the Sioux name is gone, get over it"...Hey DU fan, go smoke some more weed after you get to a digital safe space.  Christ!

12 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I can understand. I felt his frustration too but a 3 goal lead is never safe. Witnessed it a bunch lately where 3 goal leads ended up in losses. 

Can you imagine this board if UND gave up a 3 and 4 goal lead on back to back nights like Minnesota did last week?

13 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Agreed.  How'd that whiteboard work for you tonite?  They kept showing it during the broadcast and at one point it said something like, " the Sioux name is gone, get over it"...Hey DU fan, go smoke some more weed after you get to a digital safe space.  Christ!

Woof, seems like that whiteboard #triggered a couple of y'all. ;) Thankfully you have this UND #safespace. 

Also, its Colorado soooooooooooooooo
rs_500x268-150213105645-tumblr_log10rI9M

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bcblues said:

The whiteboard comment was made by someone with no sense of tradition.  Ironic given their mascot is "Pioneers".

37 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Just remember Boone isn't sanctioned by the University of Denver, and they had a hawk as a logo/mascot. Maybe when Denver comes to the Ralph the students should have a sign of their three choices for the new mascot.

49 minutes ago, DamStrait said:

I think it’s hilarious that other teams fans are so bothered about what jersey we wear or what we chant. 

54 minutes ago, bcblues said:

The whiteboard comment was made by someone with no sense of tradition.  Ironic given their mascot is "Pioneers".

And DU’s days may be numbered having the Pioneers as their nickname as there’s a student group trying to get the name dropped. You can read about it on letsgodu. 

So honestly, what are we expecting tomorrow? Denver will undoubtedly come in with their best of best efforts.  They don't want to be embarrassed again after blowing a 3-0 lead the night before.  On the other hand, UND must be pumped up after that comeback and to win outright.  History says it'll probably be a split, but as tonight showed anything can happen.  

27 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Just remember Boone isn't sanctioned by the University of Denver, and they had a hawk as a logo/mascot. Maybe when Denver comes to the Ralph the students should have a sign of their three choices for the new mascot.

Instead of the hawk, don’t you mean the jelly donut???

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Bunch of snowflakes......yes the "Pioneers" are racists!

30 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

858.gif

Thankfully we're a big UND family.  From Cam Jointston, to Ludvig Hash, to Matt Kushsted/Keefsted.  Can't forget about the effort by Nick Joints, or Cole Spliff, and how about that goal from Colton Puffman.  Also a special shoutout for Joint Janatuinen. 

Ok I'm done.  Colorado is fun:lol::lol:

• Upvote 3