SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2017-18

OgieOgilthorpe

On 12/1/2017 at 10:39 AM, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Dickinson seems to be the surprise out West so far. They've put together a few pretty solid showings so far. I'm anxious to see how they match up against Minot and the Bismarck teams. That would be a nice change seeing someone new like that in the mix of the top 3 in the West. When's the last time Dickinson put up more than 10-12 goals on someone, let alone 16?

Mandan isn't as strong as I was expecting them to be. Did they lose anyone early to Jrs?

Davies looks pretty strong as expected. I'm also anxious to see how well they match up against the GF teams. 

Doesn't appear Sheyenne is going to do any damage this year. 

Does South/Shanley have to play Moorhead this year like they usually do? That one would get ugly. 

As poor as they still are, it sure is a pleasant surprise seeing a little glimmer of hope from HB so far this season. I don't care that it was only against JV teams, because they played a lot of those last season and didn't show anything near a glimmer of fight like they have already this season. Positive start for them considering the fate I was anticipating for them. They've already scored more goals than all of last year!

Looks like Mandan lost their big scorer from last season in Alex Horner. Anyone have any idea where he went? 

27 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Went to Mayville to play football but will probably play Hockey at UMary is my guess.

Okay well that part would makes sense...I just don't get the whole being a JR last year and now going to college at Mayville this year? Unless his grade was listed wrong on NDHIGHSCHOOLHOCKEY.COM from last season. 

2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Wow gf hockey teams beat Fargo teams a combined 25-2 last nite. 

Ouch

Davies and Central on Friday night.

Went to the Davies/North game last night. Davies won 6-1. North goalie held them in it for a period(0-0 after 1) but  once Davies scored it opened the gates a little bit. The 2nd and 3rd goals were both shorties with one of them being a 3 on 5 goal.

I think the Davies/Central game will be close.

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

Went to the Davies/North game last night. Davies won 6-1. North goalie held them in it for a period(0-0 after 1) but  once Davies scored it opened the gates a little bit. The 2nd and 3rd goals were both shorties with one of them being a 3 on 5 goal.

Davies will hang with them but I bet central will take it. 

6 hours ago, petey23 said:

Davies is good. Top 3 in the East is obvious. RR, Central, and Davies. Same in the West. Century, Minot, and Bismarck. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Looks like some good matchups this weekend. Century vs Dickinson, Davies vs central, north vs grafton, and Dickinson vs minot. Those should be some close games and will probably give us some insight on how the standings will start sorting out 

Century will pound Dickinson. They are head and shoulders better than anyone in the West. Central and Davies will be interesting. I’ve heard a lot of hype in Fargo about Davies. 

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Century will pound Dickinson. They are head and shoulders better than anyone in the West. Central and Davies will be interesting. I’ve heard a lot of hype in Fargo about Davies. 

I certainly agree Century will beat Dickinson, but I'm thinking it should be a respectable final. I really think Dickinson will take Minot down the following night though. Maybe they will start to solidify as the #3 in the West. Davies will hang in there but Central just has too much fire power. It's amazing how well they re-stacked already. 

It doesn't look like Century will get tested much until the Grand Forks Holiday Tournament at the end of December when they get to play both of the Grand Forks teams. That''ll answer a lot of the East vs West questions. 

10 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I certainly agree Century will beat Dickinson, but I'm thinking it should be a respectable final. I really think Dickinson will take Minot down the following night though. Maybe they will start to solidify as the #3 in the West. Davies will hang in there but Central just has too much fire power. It's amazing how well they re-stacked already. 

It doesn't look like Century will get tested much until the Grand Forks Holiday Tournament at the end of December when they get to play both of the Grand Forks teams. That''ll answer a lot of the East vs West questions. 

The thing with Dickinson is they aren’t deep. Bigger better deeper teams like Century will take advantage of their 2nd and 3rd lines. Obviously a goalie can stand on their head and make a game closer than it is but I think Century wins this by at least 6 goals. Nice to see Dickinson moving up though. Their youth numbers are rising which is always good. 

6 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Central and Davies tied at 0 going to overtime. No score. Go to a shootout and Central wins it in the 4th round. 

Wow props to Davies. I hope they can keep it up and be in the mix with RR and central to change things up for once. 

Any other score updates?