SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Denver

AZSIOUX

4 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Monty and his team have a very superior attitude.  But they are highly skilled and it will take an old fashioned hockey game  to soften them up.

Borgstrom is so good.  He's a legit bluechip NHL first rounder- think Parise, Oshie, Toews, Zajac, Stafford, Boeser caliber in the college game.  He can win games by his individual skill alone.  Throw in legit prospects in Terry and Gambrell...they are real good.

6 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Borgstrom is so good.  He's a legit bluechip NHL first rounder- think Parise, Oshie, Toews, Zajac, Stafford, Boeser caliber in the college game.  He can win games by his individual skill alone.  Throw in legit prospects in Terry and Gambrell...they are real good.

Borgstrom needs to be looking around for where the next hit is coming from.

3 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Denver-Schmenver. Enough of this "Monty's a great guy", "Borgstrom's a great player", "Denver's the greatest team ever" sandbagging,lovefest, crap. We're the University of Freaking North Dakota! Denver can kiss our arse. Where's Gwozdecky when you need him.

Image result for let the hate flow through you

Finally someone says it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

I really just want this weekend to prove a point that we are as good as our record. Getting annoying hearing how overrated we are all week... 

100% agree with this. I honestly do think we are slightly overrated, not much at all, but a little bit and I want the team to show me they are a top tier team, this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keikla said:

Thanks for posting that.  It's not secret that Motzko was pretty pissed about some calls.  Apparently he was pretty pissed at Monty too.

He's sooooo butthurt that his team got outplayed. I'd love to know what triggered that, other than getting swept, of course.

32 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Denver-Schmenver. Enough of this "Monty's a great guy", "Borgstrom's a great player", "Denver's the greatest team ever" sandbagging,lovefest, crap. We're the University of Freaking North Dakota! Denver can kiss our arse. Where's Gwozdecky when you need him.

Image result for let the hate flow through you

It's so weird to think, and I still absolutely hate Denver, but I'm not sure if it it's us beating them in 2016 or UMD becoming rival No. 2 after their shenanigans in 2017, but we've seemed to soften on the Pios.... 

You're right, Runaround.... LET'S DOMINATE THIS WEEKEND. 

• Like 2

When nchc.tv first started, almost all of DU's home games were not available. That seems to have changed this year, which is great! I also watched the Friday DU/SCSU game after UND's ended.

As much as some others want to think Monty's a great guy, I still don't like him. His comments about how much better his Maine team was in their title game sound pretty cocky. And his "congrats" to UND was more like "it just confirmed to me that our game with them was the real national title game"...as if QU wasn't #1 or 2 most of the year. Confidence gets you a long way in sports, though, and clearly he's doing well.

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

100% agree with this. I honestly do think we are slightly overrated, not much at all, but a little bit and I want the team to show me they are a top tier team, this year.

I agree it's tough to see UND as the #3 team right now with some of our struggles, but I'm not sure who else can be put ahead of UND.  #4 Notre Dame lost to Sacred Heart and Omaha; #5 Mankato lost to Bowling Green and Northern Michigan; #6 Cornell could make an argument, but that's due mostly to a lack of games played.