SiouxSports.com Forum

Bring Back the Interlocking ND

zonadub

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

That thing needs a lot more reflective tape on it.  How am I supposed to spot that and slow down?!?!

Look for the cattle guard on a four door sedan...........................................................................

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2017 at 8:33 PM, runaroundsioux said:

So I have a question. What's the difference between the "like" and "upvote" button?

Signed,

Confused and conflicted

Which one has more POWER!

On 11/13/2017 at 2:07 PM, moser53 said:

When did Notre Dame get the trademark? Decades ago most likely. Did ND ever tell UND to stop using it? It would seem no 

It means a lot to the athletes who wore it.

My understanding.

Notre Dame trademarked it.  UND was able to prove that we used it first based on some documents we found in Chester Fritz library.

Both schools came to an agreement.

• Notre Dame can use the interlocking ND by itself on any merchandise sold on campus
  • Notre Dame must include Notre Dame, Fighting Irish or Irish along with the interlocking ND on any merchandise sold off campus.
  • UND must include Fighting Hawks or North Dakota on any merchandise sold with interlocking ND regardless of where it is sold.

On 20/11/2017 at 10:38 PM, Siouxperman8 said:

My understanding.

Notre Dame trademarked it.  UND was able to prove that we used it first based on some documents we found in Chester Fritz library.

• Notre Dame can use the interlocking ND by itself on any merchandise sold on campus
  • Notre Dame must include Notre Dame, Fighting Irish or Irish along with the interlocking ND on any merchandise sold off campus.
  • UND must include Fighting Hawks or North Dakota on any merchandise sold with interlocking ND regardless of where it is sold.

That's what I thought. Where'd you find that?

On 11/20/2017 at 10:38 PM, Siouxperman8 said:

My understanding.

I have Notre Dame apparel... with an interlocking ND... without any mention of Irish, Notre Dame, or Fighting Irish on them. 

4 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I have Notre Dame apparel... with an interlocking ND... without any mention of Irish, Notre Dame, or Fighting Irish on them. 

You might be right but that was the story I read at the time. 

I have looked at merchandise for sale at times and haven't seen anything with interlocking ND that didn't specify either Notre Dame or North Dakota in some form somewhere else on it.    I did buy a ND t-shirt at the Notre Dame bookstore that was stand alone.  

Maybe the story i read was wrong or maybe it has changed since then.

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

We thank grandma for her prayers.

You have over 21G posts and I have under 2G posts; and you are a moderator, so I'll take heed and follow into SS forbidden sanctuary.

With grandma's confusion and prayers, maybe the division over the bird in the fan base would fly North and more and more fans buy the bird!