Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shep

2018 Season

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I agree with part of your statement. We have some talent. Not enough though. It was more than obvious in many games this year. 

I’m not so sure.  If our special team are solid, Kett is improved each week, and the play calling was better, team could be 8-1 and ranked #2 to NDAC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

I’m not so sure.  If our special team are solid, Kett is improved each week, and the play calling was better, team could be 8-1.

WR, OL, S, NG, OLB. We are lacking at all of those spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, geaux_sioux said:

WR, OL, S, NG, OLB. We are lacking at all of those spots.

I am not disagreeing, we could certainly be stronger in many spots, but without the Kett brain fart vs ISU we win that game.  Weber was winnable and Idaho Bubba and staff pissed it away.  Could very well be 8-1.  Which team have you watched this season in FCS without some holes?  It’s why if we could make it in, we could win a few games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

WR, OL, S, NG, OLB. We are lacking at all of those spots.

Man, you can always be better at a position. There is always somebody out there more talented to recruit. Not the major point or issue here though. 

The point is that the current ability on the roster should be good enough for a postseason berth. But, due to coaching error (schemes, play-calling, aggression vs conservative balance, etc.) they are underachieving. Was that exact same way last season but the injury excuse overshadowed the coaching ineptitude that was also clearly going on. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Man, you can always be better at a position. There is always somebody out there more talented to recruit. Not the major point or issue here though. 

The point is that the current ability on the roster should be good enough for a postseason berth. But, due to coaching error (schemes, play-calling, aggression vs conservative balance, etc.) they are underachieving. Was that exact same way last season but the injury excuse overshadowed the coaching ineptitude that was also clearly going on. 

Good enough to make the playoffs and win a game, maybe two depending on the bracket. That's not good enough for me and never will be.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Good enough to make the playoffs and win a game, maybe two depending on the bracket. That's not good enough for me and never will be.

So at the beginning of the season if a Chrystal ball told you this team would make the playoffs and win two games you would not have been happy? 

!@#$ that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, homer said:

So at the beginning of the season if a Chrystal ball told you this team would make the playoffs and win two games you would not have been happy? 

!@#$ that

Why? After a few games, it was clear last year was an anomaly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

1) Im just sickened for players like Brady that puts everything he/they have into the game. 

 2)These seniors deserved better. 

3)They have the talent this year

4) and it’s been wasted. 

Let me start by saying that I enjoy your input Longtime fan!

Trying to understand your statement before I totally agree because I have thought the same things. 

1) Agree that I am sickened for the players. Not sure if you are implying that not every player has put "everything" into the game. In the past that was a problem. Is it still a problem that not all the players are putting everything they have into the game and season? I don't know - just asking

2) Agree - but not just the seniors.

3) I think that the talent level is up. Not sure if we still don't have enough talent. Seems like we fall short in many places. Others smarter than I can offer opinions.

4) Agree - the season was wasted by a number of breakdowns and just by not being to execute routine plays.

I am down right now and wasn't even going to look at the forum for a while. Here I am again. I hope this makes sense.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Let me start by saying that I enjoy your input Longtime fan!

Trying to understand your statement before I totally agree because I have thought the same things. 

1) Agree that I am sickened for the players. Not sure if you are implying that not every player has put "everything" into the game. In the past that was a problem. Is it still a problem that not all the players are putting everything they have into the game and season? I don't know - just asking

2) Agree - but not just the seniors.

3) I think that the talent level is up. Not sure if we still don't have enough talent. Seems like we fall short in many places. Others smarter than I can offer opinions.

4) Agree - the season was wasted by a number of breakdowns and just by not being to execute routine plays.

I am down right now and wasn't even going to look at the forum for a while. Here I am again. I hope this makes sense.

I have always loved the way Brady plays ....just using him as an example.  Also,  I’m just referring to seniors in that post.  

reason for the seniors comment ....this is it for them. 1 playoff game for their career is BS ....what a slap in the face 

Thete are plenty of areas that need an upgrade at talent but there is enough talent at other positions for this team to be currently undefeated in vs fcs competition. Outside of a couple of matchups (ndsu and maybe SDSU) ....I believe a competent coaching staff could get this group to the semis 

Speed is the biggest need for the team. From the backers to the safeties on D and the skilled positions on offense. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Does Bubba pull leach’s Scholarship next year or keep him on scholarship but doesn’t play for three years??

Scholly likely gone I'd assume. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Does Bubba pull leach’s Scholarship next year or keep him on scholarship but doesn’t play for three years??

Gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not positive. Can he play another position? There is a history of moving quarterbacks to another position for instance.

i would hate to waste a scholarship for three years but we made the mistake. 

That all said - I also expect him  to be gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Honestly I can't imagine a situation where Leach is still on the team in 2019.

I can.   You're forgetting who some of the coaches are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I can.   You're forgetting who some of the coaches are.

Fair point. Hard to believe Rudy and Kostich are still around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not see one second of yesterday's game as I was in a sports bar in Fargo (after a wedding) that had SU on all TV's. 

Can someone update me on injuries? Helgren, Wanzek, Maag. Who else and how serious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shep said:

I did not see one second of yesterday's game as I was in a sports bar in Fargo (after a wedding) that had SU on all TV's. 

Can someone update me on injuries? Helgren, Wanzek, Maag. Who else and how serious?

Johannesson and Palmborg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shep said:

What happened to JJ?

Who's playing next week? 

Looked like an ankle. No idea. Guessing the WR and RB corps will be different from what we're used to though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Fan said:

Helgren?? Wanzek-concussion, Maag-hamstring, JJ-foot   Noah seems to be ok  according to his dad

 

Helgren is healthy, it was a coaching decision to start Nate Nyugon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...