SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

19 hours ago, southpaw said:

Wtf. You're so negative. Nobody has talked him into an all conference player. Nobody has said his skill was even above average, but at least you got to take some unnecessary cheap shots at a QB who was as tough as we've seen at UND in a while.

You always find a way to build up a defense against an argument nobody is making. 

As EVERYONE has said, Keaton was tough, protected the ball and was a game-manager. That's why we are excited to see the offense with a qb who can make throws better than Keaton.

I stand by what I said. He was a tough player and a good leader; doesn’t mean he was a great overall QB via arm talent. In fact, he wasn’t. Some people on this board can’t handle the damn truth and are way too sensitive. Get over it and move on. Talk football rather than making me a personal target; plenty of professional losers on this board. If UND’s football program actually reflected this level of sensitivity and ignorance, they wouldn’t win a playoff game before 2030. 

19 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I stand by what I said. He was a tough player and a good leader; doesn’t mean he was a great overall QB via arm talent. In fact, he wasn’t. Some people on this board can’t handle the damn truth and are way too sensitive. Get over it and move on. Talk football rather than making me a personal target; plenty of professional losers on this board. If UND’s football program actually reflected this level of sensitivity and ignorance, they wouldn’t win a playoff game before 2030. 

I think the point is that no one has said anything much different than what you are saying about Keaton (tough player, good leader, etc.) No one has remotely tried to argue that he was ever all-conference or all-world like you seem to imply they have. A few people do bring up other mitigating factors that existed on the team (WR drops, poor blocking schemes, less than stellar support from the Head coach, OC and QB coaches, etc.) but all seem to concede that he certainly wasn't a top QB in the Big Sky. Some just couch things a little differently than you. No big deal. Just different perspectives.

• Upvote 3

What will be, will be.

IMO and limited football knowledge.... it would seem any QB would struggle with an offensive line that struggles. One son played center..... he was good. Much of the credit went to the QB but he was humble and did not need the glory... 

improving the line will improve any QB.

Just a mom’s comment!

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

College football's AP preseason poll is out: 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Georgia 4. Wisconsin 5. Ohio State 6. Washington 7. Oklahoma 8. Miami 9. Auburn 10. Penn State

So when we beat them will we be Top 5? :D 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

The highest ranking FBS team to fall to a Dakota team was NDSU over #11 Iowa in 2016. Michigan was ranked #5 when App State beat them in 2007. A Fighting Hawks win over #6 Washington should put us on the road to Frisco.

That would be fun to sneak up on a FBS team like that. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

The highest ranking FBS team to fall to a Dakota team was NDSU over #11 Iowa in 2016. Michigan was ranked #5 when App State beat them in 2007. A Fighting Hawks win over #6 Washington should put us on the road to Frisco.

notice the common theme...Pig10 football is a joke

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

That Iowa team 'Received Votes' in the final poll.  So somewhere between 26th and 35th ranked.  (thought I'd do a little trolling today)

That Michigan teamed finished 18/19 in the polls.   

I hope we stay within 28 points in our game......then we'll see where Washington ends up.  I will say top 5 if they beat Auburn, harder to say with a loss in that game for Washington.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

That Iowa team 'Received Votes' in the final poll.  So somewhere between 26th and 35th ranked.  (thought I'd do a little trolling today)

That Michigan teamed finished 18/19 in the polls.   

I hope we stay within 28 points in our game......then we'll see where Washington ends up.  I will say top 5 if they beat Auburn, harder to say with a loss in that game for Washington.

This is a big game for Washington because it is unlikely they will go undefeated in Pac 12 play. A win here, assuming they only go 1 loss in conference play, will go a long way for them.

• Upvote 1