SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

17 minutes ago, mooncountry said:

Is this a UND sports discussion forum or a UND sports rah rah rah forum? ...Just curious if articulate, nonemotional objectivity is allowed? It seems to me that instead of discussion around differing opinions, we are discussing whether or not we can have differing opinions. 

I like to rah rah plus keep it real.  It's a real challenge!!

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, mooncountry said:

Is this a UND sports discussion forum or a UND sports rah rah rah forum? ...Just curious if articulate, nonemotional objectivity is allowed? It seems to me that instead of discussion around differing opinions, we are discussing whether or not we can have differing opinions. 

Not a rah, rah forum and everyone's entitled to their opinion. It does get tiresome to see the same POV's from some but it's a free, open forum. 

But don't get mad at those who grow tired of the same old stuff all the time.

On 8/1/2018 at 10:21 PM, shep said:

7-4 does not make the playoffs.

I fully realize that and therein lies the problem.    I did say I thought the ceiling could be 9-2 and it's attainable and maybe the threat of not making the playoffs will  be a bigger boost.   I am really hoping for a playoff win this year but one game at a time and see what happens

7 hours ago, Hawkster said:

I fully realize that and therein lies the problem.    I did say I thought the ceiling could be 9-2 and it's attainable and maybe the threat of not making the playoffs will  be a bigger boost.   I am really hoping for a playoff win this year but one game at a time and see what happens

I agree. 7-4 is a legit prediction, but it's not good enough for the playoffs.

Well, I am impressed with this year’s recruits. Can’t judge their football ability BUT any high school student today that is in 2 to 3 sports and a good GPA shows maturity. Obviously he can juggle sports and academics plus he has been so busy he probably has learned what battles to fight and not fight. Probably has not had time to whine either.

The past is past and we need to focus on the future. I said from the beginning it would take 4 years.... I think this is a true statement (??): Bubba has now recruited every player on the team. Let him play his cards his way!

We, the UND fan base, are only as wrong as our weakest link.....I like this term that some people bleed green! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GoHawks said:

The year UND went 7-4 and didn't make playoffs was the same year Western Illinois had a 6-5 record and got in (Am I right on that). So you never know...….

True, but the MVFC was strong (not that the BSC was not), but they had people lobbying for them. That being said, I don't think that any 6-5 team (I don't care who they are, or what conference they are in) has any business in the playoffs. As UND will be independent, we won't really have anyone in the committee room pulling for us if we are on the bubble. Best thing is to "Leave No Doubt" and get 8 wins.

However, a "Quality Loss" to Washington will look better than a "Quality Loss" to Bowling Green. Granted we should've/could've won the Bowling Green game. Gotta put up a decent showing against Washington (meaning better than was Montana did last year; 63-7).

59 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Why not?  It depends who the 7 are.

Exactly, it all depends on who those wins and losses are to.  Most years 7-4 has been good enough to get in hasn't it?  Yes I know we didn't get in when we went 7-4 and it isn't guaranteed.  But I don't think we are going to lose a game this year to a team with 1 win.  One loss will be to a legit FBS team, and probably one to a likely top 8 FCS team.  Sure I'd love to go 8-3 and guarantee we are in.  If our 4th loss is to NAU at the end of the year maybe we wouldn't make it, never looks good to lose right before they have to make their decision.  And would depend on how good NAU ends up being.  They will likely be challenging for a playoff spot this year. 

16 hours ago, mooncountry said:

It isn't a different opinion that I have trouble with, it's constantly the same thing being repeated over and over again.  I get it you hate pretty much everything about the program after last season, it doesn't need to be stated multiple times a day on multiple threads.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BigGame said:

It isn't a different opinion that I have trouble with, it's constantly the same thing being repeated over and over again.  I get it you hate pretty much everything about the program after last season, it doesn't need to be stated multiple times a day on multiple threads.  

Agreed and in my opinion It’s the easiest thing to do as a fan.

If the team has a bad season next year, the response is “I told you so and have been the only one saying it for years.”  Even though all of us agree and have posted the same things once, not every post   

If they get things turned around “the response is I’ve always been a fan”.  

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, UND-1 said:

That sounds great to me.  Lets make a deal: we watch the season play out and reconvene in late November. 

Now log off and we'll see you around Turkey time.  

That backhanded, microaggressive comment received a nice reaction from your groupies, but no thanks, I think I’ll stay and continue to be one of the few who provides reality-based commentary. Would sure be nice, though, living in UND fantasy land 24/7. 

Go UND

He's just butthurt that the season hasn't started yet.  I'm sure we will all join him if this season doesn't go well.  You've read the message boards after a loss...  I think it's annoying that he is posting his negativity everywhere, but UND ended the season last year with 3 wins - what do you expect?  

What's more annoying is reading a negative post by him, moving on, but moving on only to read page after page about people complaining about the annoying person, rather than the 2018 football season.  At least he stays on Topic. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

I'm amazed after all the debate that you still aren't comprehending the main point.

Some of what you say has been said by others and they might even agree with you on some points (myself included).

It's the frequency of stating said points and the constant negativity you show on a day to day basis. 

That's your call. Have at it. Just don't be surprised when others here get exhausted and annoyed by it.

But don't mind me. I'm just someone who has always settled for mediocrity when it comes to UND Football.

Oh I get it, but I’m not going to allow simple redundancy arguments to affect an opportunity to post my opinion. Despite these arguements based on repetition, we all know there are folks who directly oppose my opinion; therefore, I continue to have an opportunity to expand on my stance. It would be far too convenient for opposers, and frankly quite boring, if “you’ve said that before” omitted participation on this board. 

That’s all from me on my “posting strategy” for now. Let’s see how 2018 goes. I’ll be in the stands supporting UND football like I always have. Go Hawks