SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

A walk in the park compared to the 10 days in a row of TWO-A-DAYS we had one year in the 90's.  The only thing missing was a shared wet cloth for water.

Ouch. When I was in college 05 -08 I worked with a TE on the team in 06. Two-a-days were still a thing. When he talked me through his schedule I recall cringing. Probably not as bad as you are describing though!

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not sure if the heights and weights are new or not....but......2 at 300lbs and 1 at 320 (true freshman i think too)...pathetic.

What does this mean?

When I look at the roster I see 7 over 300lbs.

By pathetic do you mean they are too light? or too heavy?

9 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

What does this mean?

I believe he thinks they are too light. I also think that they updated the weights/heights today based on the physicals. I noticed when I refreshed the paged Zeke Ott went up 5 lbs.

3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

So how will the new redshirt rule effect us? You obviously don't want to just throw these freshman into the fire if they aren't ready but hopefully we get to see some get some time in at least against MVSU.

Assuming the game goes the direction we all want, I would like to see some of them in the second half. I like this rule.

JJ.....6’1” 250!!!   Good lord.  Big rb

looks like the TEs lived in the weight room: 

6’5” 265

6’5” 260

6’4” 260

if donnell and Everett start at ILB there will be a couple of 6’1” 250 in the middle   

Cieslak 290 and tank 290.  Two out of three on the D front line.  

1 hour ago, Tangolou said:

What does this mean?

i saw 3....too light...i wanna see 6'5" 6'6"...310...315....ugly mean looking sob's...not nice smiley guys like stiner

edit: looks like they updated today...looking better but still a ways to go

I have the Spring Roster. MOST of the players are up a few pounds.

Lawrence up 15

Carter up 10

Ketteringham and Zimmerman up 10 and 8

Jax Turner up 14

Shannon up 15

Bungham up 14

Rodgers up 13 and Hunt up 4

That's through jersey number 50

• Upvote 1

Seguin +10 I really liked him in the spring game

Williams +5

Swenson +4

Bennett +22 (257)

Geier +13

Ott +3

Tobin +1

Nguon +10

Rooney +12

Russon +9

Jenkins +30 (now at 305, a MONSTER)

Helgren +8

Here's the weird part.

Dline. Tank -3, Cieslak -8, Morrison -10, Engwall -14 and on the O Line, poor Blair is down 4 though he may not have been 270 as the spring roster shows.

By the way I counted 6 over 300 and Helgren is at 298 and Russo at 294. Who is calling for the firing of the strength coach? Some of you just look for excuses to fire anyone!

On 11/18/2017 at 7:25 PM, SkoHawks said:

When he committed I thought DE Carl Engwall was gonna be a good get for us, I think he's been banged up most of the time since he got here, or maybe he's just stuck behind the depth or isn't that good.  I am excited for the DL trio of Seguin, Ott, and Morrison.  Would be nice for some of our better recruits to force themselves onto the field at a young age simply because they are that talented. 

I see Greer at 310...we need the freakin ponds up front

5 minutes ago, shep said:

Seguin +10 I really liked him in the spring game

Williams +5

Swenson +4

Bennett +22 (257)

Geier +13

Ott +3

Tobin +1

Nguon +10

Rooney +12

Russon +9

Jenkins +30 (now at 305, a MONSTER)

Helgren +8

Here's the weird part.

Dline. Tank -3, Cieslak -8, Morrison -10, Engwall -14 and on the O Line, poor Blair is down 4 though he may not have been 270 as the spring roster shows.

By the way I counted 6 over 300 and Helgren is at 298 and Russo at 294. Who is calling for the firing of the strength coach? Some of you just look for excuses to fire anyone!

I just saw Jenkins weight too. Wow! Hope he has the speed and technique to go with that weight gain.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

I just saw Jenkins weight too. Wow! Hope he has the speed and technique to go with that weight gain.

I saw him walk off the bus before a game last year, and the guy is HUGE. Now he's HUUUUGE! Yes, size isn't everything, but man there's potential.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i saw 3....too light...i wanna see 6'5" 6'6"...310...315....ugly mean looking sob's...not nice smiley guys like stiner

edit: looks like they updated today...looking better but still a ways to go

I agree the O-Line needs to be much better. It has been the most disappointing position group during the Bubba era. There should be 5 year sr's. and 4 year jr's on this roster and there isn't many. Lots of misses in the first two recruiting classes.

That said, I checked SU's roster, they have 4 OL's over 300 and they avg 301lbs. We have 7 over 300 and avg 315. I don't think weight is the problem.

If this group is not better this year, the hot seat will be real..

24 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

I agree the O-Line needs to be much better. It has been the most disappointing position group during the Bubba era. There should be 5 year sr's. and 4 year jr's on this roster and there isn't many. Lots of misses in the first two recruiting classes.

That said, I checked SU's roster, they have 4 OL's over 300 and they avg 301lbs. We have 7 over 300 and avg 315. I don't think weight is the problem.

If this group is not better this year, the hot seat will be real..

Thanks for the comp. What's the DLine numbers for them?