SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

Santiago watch:

Looking forward to watching John Santiago add to UND's Mount "Rush"more in this, his final season as a Fighting Hawk. 

IMHO, already carved in stone are (1) Phillip Moore (5,467 yds, and 5,586 AP yds), (2) Shannon Burnell (4,218 yds and 4,840 AP yds) and (3) Bill Deutsch (3,283 yds and 3,798 AP yds).

• Santiago currently sits at 3,159 rushing yds, good for No. 4 all-time at UND, and No. 1 in the Division I era. Santiago currently sits ahead of Milson Jones (2,412 yds) and behind Deutsch. He only need 125 yds to eclipse Deutsch. He needs 1,060 rushing yds to surpass Burnell, and a whopping 2,309 rushing yds to catch Moore. 
  • As far as AP yds go, Santiago sits at 5,539 yds, good for No. 3 all-time, and No. 1 in the Division I era. Santiago currently sits ahead of WR Greg Hardin (5,502 AP yds) and behind No. 2 Philip Moore (5,586 AP yds) and No. 1 WR Weston Dressler (6,690 AP yds).  He only needs 48 yds to surpass Moore and 1,152 yds to claim the all-time top spot for AP yds.
  • In his three years at UND, Santiago has averaged 1,053 rushing yds per season, and 1,846 AP yds per season.

49 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Santiago watch:

Looking forward to watching John Santiago add to UND's Mount "Rush"more in this, his final season as a Fighting Hawk. 

IMHO, already carved in stone are (1) Phillip Moore (5,467 yds, and 5,586 AP yds), (2) Shannon Burnell (4,218 yds and 4,840 AP yds) and (3) Bill Deutsch (3,283 yds and 3,798 AP yds).

• Santiago currently sits at 3,159 rushing yds, good for No. 4 all-time at UND, and No. 1 in the Division I era. Santiago currently sits ahead of Milson Jones (2,412 yds) and behind Deutsch. He only need 125 yds to eclipse Deutsch. He needs 1,060 rushing yds to surpass Burnell, and a whopping 2,309 rushing yds to catch Moore. 
  • As far as AP yds go, Santiago sits at 5,539 yds, good for No. 3 all-time, and No. 1 in the Division I era. Santiago currently sits ahead of WR Greg Hardin (5,502 AP yds) and behind No. 2 Philip Moore (5,586 AP yds) and No. 1 WR Weston Dressler (6,690 AP yds).  He only needs 48 yds to surpass Moore and 1,152 yds to claim the all-time top spot for AP yds.
  • In his three years at UND, Santiago has averaged 1,053 rushing yds per season, and 1,846 AP yds per season.

Those are impressive numbers for Santiago considering he splits a lot of time with Brady.  Moore and Burnell were the featured backs and got feed the rock over and over all game.  Hoping our OL comes together and we can get some nice long "So Long Santiago" runs to the house this year.  

• Upvote 1

Yep me too, my excitement for the season officially hit me this week with all of the news of the commitments (even though they have no bearing on this year) and since it is getting close to August.  What day is the first day of fall camp?  

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Pre-Fall practice predictions:

Ceiling: 8-3

Prediction: 7-4

Floor: 6-5

UND Schedule.PNG

Ceiling: 10-1 (L - UW)

Prediction: 7-4 (Ls - UW, SHSU, Idaho, NAU)

Floor: 3-8 (Ws - MVSU, ISU, PSU)

After last season, I really don't know what to expect from this team.

10 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

6-5 HOPE I am wrong.

Mississippi Valley State-WIN

Washington-LOSS

Sam Houston State-LOSS

Idaho State-WIN

Northern Colorado-WIN

Montana-LOSS

Sac State-WIN

Weber State-WIN

Idaho-LOSS

Portland State-WIN

Northern Arizona-LOSS

I think it could be this but we beat Montana at home this year, we are so due to beat them.  So 7-4 with FBS loss....most likely in playoffsI would think, but not gauranteed.  Hoping for 8-3 though, which I think Sam Houston and NAU as the two FCS losses. 

3 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Yep me too, my excitement for the season officially hit me this week with all of the news of the commitments (even though they have no bearing on this year) and since it is getting close to August.  What day is the first day of fall camp?  

Answer: not soon enough!!!

8-3 in the playoffs 

If we go 7-4 no playoffs.  We are independent and no one to fight for us.  Just like the last time we were 7-4. ;)

Mississippi Valley State-WIN

Washington-LOSS

Sam Houston State-LOSS

Idaho State-WIN

Northern Colorado-WIN

Montana-WIN

Sac State-WIN

Weber State-WIN

Idaho-LOSS

Portland State-WIN

Northern Arizona-WIN

Since we're killing time in the off season, I'll toss out percentages, with the % chance UND has to win:

Mississippi Valley State-WIN (100%)

Washington-LOSS (0%)

Sam Houston State-LOSS (1% - I realize this is extremely low, but right now, I don't see anyway they win this game)

Idaho State-WIN (90%)

Northern Colorado-WIN (75%)

Montana-WIN (75% - I like that this game is (1) At home (2) After a bye week)

Sac State-WIN (50% - On the road, but a less than hostile environment against a good team, I think they pull it off -- true turning point in the season) 

Weber State-WIN (60% - Good team, but home game -- need to win them all at home)

Idaho-LOSS (20%)

Portland State-WIN (90%)

Northern Arizona-LOSS (50% - A lot will depend on the situation for both, if Northern needs this one as well, it's a tough place to play on the road)

My swing games end up being Sac State and Northern Arizona. I see two games where I don't see UND really having a chance with Washington & SHSU. Run the table at home, beat UNC on the road and pick off either Sac State or Northern Arizona on the road and they finish 7-4 with no playoffs. 

There are so many question marks right now that I'd have to flip a coin on alot of the games. If things go our way we could end up 10-1 but that's not very likely. 8-3 with no blowout losses would be a step back in the right direction. I really want to see a win at Sam Houston. That would do wonders for our national perception.