SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

26 minutes ago, TRex said:

If we get down that far in  a hurry that means our starters need more practice.   Leave them in and let them play, at that point they are playing with house money and see what needs to be corrected.    Besides, why get the second and third stringers injured?    We might need that depth some day

I think Harris needs a pick 6 against Washington to get his name even further back on the radar :)  Hope he is back to 100%, not sure for our sake but for his sake and a potential shot at the next level.  

6 minutes ago, Hambone said:

I know this has been discussed, but it will be interesting to see how this affects UND this season since it has now officially been adopted.  

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-football-offer-more-participation-opportunities

I think it will come in handy late in the season for a lot of teams.

20 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I think it will come in handy late in the season for a lot of teams.

So basically a redshirt can play in up to 4 games and keeps his redshirt right?  Man that would have been handy last year, and probably even the last couple of years when we were short on depth.  Larson I'm sure would have gotten in and maybe even started 4 games towards the end of last year, would have been a good learning experience for him.  I agree that it would probably keep redshirt freshman more engaged as well, knowing they may see some game action. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Didn't notice UND in any of the top 25 polls this year, nor even mentioned as receiving some attention.

But, I'd say this season we're the best of the teams that were 3-8 last year, and have a shot at being in top 25 after homecoming! 

On 6/12/2018 at 12:17 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

As soon as we are down 21 against Washington we need to put in our scrubs. No point in getting our starters hurt in what is pretty much an exibition game against a top tier FBS opponent. I agree there is a chance to win any game but we need to focus on games 2-11 that will really make or break our season. 

Nothing like a bit of optimism to start the season...

On 12/06/2018 at 1:58 PM, darell1976 said:

UND has a history of poorly attended first round games. Winona State in 2001 was what half full and we won the national title with only one loss. So winning puts butts in the seats may be an excuse but it’s a damn good one. It was that way at NDSU before their dynasty started they didn’t sellout the Fargodome every game in 2011 after their 3 win 2010 season (let alone during that season) and they didn’t fill the dome in their first EVER playoff game at the dome in 2011. So even a football school can stumble in attendance if they start dropping games. 

Speaking of a history of poor attendance.,......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 6/14/2018 at 9:45 AM, Rebel_Sioux said:

Nothing like a bit of optimism to start the season...

Just being realistic, not the type of person that says "bring on Bama"..... scheduling top P5 teams are not very winnable no mater who you are in the FCS. I got my sights on something bigger down the road this season.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Just being realistic, not the type of person that says "bring on Bama"..... scheduling top P5 teams are not very winnable no mater who you are in the FCS. I got my sights on something bigger down the road this season.

Like your sights down the road! These P5 games do bring some bacon home and are exciting to have on the early schedule.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Like your sights down the road! These P5 games do bring some bacon home and are exciting to have on the early schedule.

As long as we stay competitive with Washington the game will be fun to see. 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

When was the last time UND beat a DI team by over 40 points?

That is a pretty crazy spread. I wonder if a team coming off a 3 win season has ever been favored by 40 points in the opener the next year playing a team at the same level. 

5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

That is a pretty crazy spread. I wonder if a team coming off a 3 win season has ever been favored by 40 points in the opener the next year playing a team at the same level. 

We dont win by at least 21 points, I'll be worried about the season. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

SWAC teams are notoriously bad as  their budgets are rock bottom.  They had glory days when the SEC wouldn't take black athletes.  The SWAC has been fading for 50 years.

Their bands are worth the price of admission though.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

SWAC teams are notoriously bad as  their budgets are rock bottom.  They had glory days when the SEC wouldn't take black athletes.  The SWAC has been fading for 50 years.

Their bands are worth the price of admission though.

I hope they bring the band. That would be sweet.

• Upvote 1