SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

12 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Probably means attendance for the year will be down (because two of the largest crowd drawing games are now on the same day), so next year some can say that fans are bailing. 

Could be....

What about the Weber St. home game, same weekend as UND vrs Minnesota in Vegas (hockey)??!!  I can't remember if I bitched about that yet, but I am pissed about it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

Homecoming and Potato Bowl the same week? That seems counterintuitive...

Homecoming should have been the October 13th game against Montana, but there is a hockey game that night against Bemidji St. that night.  It's a home and home, so not sure why they didn't schedule the game in Grand Forks Friday so UND could have it's homecoming game and festivities after that night on Saturday.

Also, you aren't going to have the Potato Bowl on the Thursday opener either, so they are kind of stuck.  I guess we can expect that game to be a sellout then!! 

59 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Could be....

What about the Weber St. home game, same weekend as UND vrs Minnesota in Vegas (hockey)??!!  I can't remember if I bitched about that yet, but I am pissed about it.

Me too.  I committed to the hockey tix, hotel and airline tix before the fb schedule came out.

5 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

In the meetings we had had with Them they said they don’t need a special game for Montana as that will pack it self

cant have homecoming too late in year

piss poor management from Davison. One last screw iob

Haha I'm sure they consulted with you. That Davison was a real piece of work though. 

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Homecoming should have been the October 13th game against Montana, but there is a hockey game that night against Bemidji St. that night.  It's a home and home, so not sure why they didn't schedule the game in Grand Forks Friday so UND could have it's homecoming game and festivities after that night on Saturday.

Also, you aren't going to have the Potato Bowl on the Thursday opener either, so they are kind of stuck.  I guess we can expect that game to be a sellout then!! 

We will pack the Alerus as long as UND wins. So does this mean there will be two parades on that Saturday morning?

As soon as we are down 21 against Washington we need to put in our scrubs. No point in getting our starters hurt in what is pretty much an exibition game against a top tier FBS opponent. I agree there is a chance to win any game but we need to focus on games 2-11 that will really make or break our season. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

As soon as we are down 21 against Washington we need to put in our scrubs. No point in getting our starters hurt in what is pretty much an exibition game against a top tier FBS opponent. I agree there is a chance to win any game but we need to focus on games 2-11 that will really make or break our season. 

How about we jump them early and put a little doubt in their mind? Make them earn it. Make their fans uncomfortable. We have them in a good trap game with that showcase event they have.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

How about we jump them early and put a little doubt in their mind? Make them earn it. Make their fans uncomfortable. We have them in a good trap game with that showcase event they have.

That would be awesome but if it turns into a 63-7 romp I hope our starters are out after they go up by 3 td. We could also do a rain dance and have a muddy shoot out like Washington State had last year or a couple years ago. Is there stadium outside with real grass?

17 hours ago, gfhockey said:

In the meetings we had had with Them they said they don’t need a special game for Montana as that will pack it self

cant have homecoming too late in year

piss poor management from Davison. One last screw iob

That damn Davison! How dare he?

In all honesty though, Faison was bad. Chaves should be better with the future schedules because it won't take much.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, darell1976 said:

We will pack the Alerus as long as UND wins. So does this mean there will be two parades on that Saturday morning?

One can always use that excuse because UND has rarely ever won as a DI program. The one season of late they did win (2016), the highly hyped home playoff game wasn't even the best attended game of the season ... oh yeah, and there was a fricken neutral site away hockey game on that date also, God damn. 

I hope UND plays to win against Washington. If UND goes into that game tentative, it will linger on vs Sam Houston State the following week. UND will stand no chance in subsequent games; can't just turn it on. Have to promote an atmoshphere of confidence and expectations; or else, another losing season for Bubba and UND.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I respectfully disagree-

I don't doubt we could be down 21 fairly quickly.  But at some point it's Washington that will put in their 2nd and 3rd string guys at which point we should battle back and have some success and build some confidence for the rest of the season. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

One can always use that excuse because UND has rarely ever won as a DI program. The one season of late they did win (2016), the highly hyped home playoff game wasn't even the best attended game of the season ... oh yeah, and there was a fricken neutral site away hockey game on that date also, God damn. 

UND has a history of poorly attended first round games. Winona State in 2001 was what half full and we won the national title with only one loss. So winning puts butts in the seats may be an excuse but it’s a damn good one. It was that way at NDSU before their dynasty started they didn’t sellout the Fargodome every game in 2011 after their 3 win 2010 season (let alone during that season) and they didn’t fill the dome in their first EVER playoff game at the dome in 2011. So even a football school can stumble in attendance if they start dropping games. 

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

I respectfully disagree-

I don't doubt we could be down 21 fairly quickly.  But at some point it's Washington that will put in their 2nd and 3rd string guys at which point we should battle back and have some success and build some confidence for the rest of the season. 

Exactly, if we are down 35-14 I'll be pissed as hell if we pull our starters.  I mean if there is 6 minutes left in the game then maybe pull some.  At least we have legitimate backup QB's this year so it's not like the season ends if our QB goes out like it's been the past two years.  Washington appears to be a very good team and a win is very highly unlikely.  But as coaches and players your mindset has to be to win, or at least go in the mindset of making it a 4 quarter game and then see what happens.  Will it be a 4 quarter game......likely not.  But if you give up before the game even starts you are screwed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Exactly, if we are down 35-14 I'll be pissed as hell if we pull our starters.  I mean if there is 6 minutes left in the game then maybe pull some.  At least we have legitimate backup QB's this year so it's not like the season ends if our QB goes out like it's been the past two years.  Washington appears to be a very good team and a win is very highly unlikely.  But as coaches and players your mindset has to be to win, or at least go in the mindset of making it a 4 quarter game and then see what happens.  Will it be a 4 quarter game......likely not.  But if you give up before the game even starts you are screwed. 

I hope we can buck the trend and go the whole year without major injuries or at least get through the first few games without one.

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

If we get down that far in  a hurry that means our starters need more practice.   Leave them in and let them play, at that point they are playing with house money and see what needs to be corrected.    Besides, why get the second and third stringers injured?    We might need that depth some day