SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

12 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

The opposite.  They have 3-4 options at the line for each play and they must check to the right one.  As they do that the OL/TE must check immediately as well.  Too many variables in a short time to play fast, IMO.  Audibles are a part of football but when they change every week it has to bog down the players eventually.

Rudolf somehow thinks this "strategery" will somehow flummox the defense so they won't know how to stop our 185 pound running back from going up the middle.  He's a typical case of an idiot who knows just enough technical things to be a menace.   

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2018 at 6:27 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

There's no question the current offensive philosophy needs a lot of work. It's far too reliant on a basic inside running game, that quite frankly, when you have average at best offensive linemen, will not work.  There needs to be a greater emphasis on the passing game. I'm not saying open this thing up like Sam Houston State does,  but the quarterback position and offensive formations/calls associated needs to open up some.  

People joke that all three RBs should be on the field at the same time; I don't think that's a joke at all. I seriously think an innovative offensive coordinator would find a way to have that happen consistently for UND's offense. Swallow your pride for wanting to be this "basic smash mouth team" that you aren't and actually put a little thought into the offense. The best players need to consistently be on the field.  I really question if this offensive staff can do that. 

All 3 backs in at same time you say? Who would do such a thing?

https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/6204/check-out-how-north-dakota-state-s-diamond-power-read-has-contributed-to-the-bison-s-success

On 5/26/2018 at 1:03 PM, John W. said:

So tell me....I want to know...where should I respond to be critical of hockey and coach Hak....??  I did mention FB which is why I responded here...

let eat me know the appropriate spot....and I'll happily attack arrogance there!!!!

Here's what U do.

Log onto Bisonville.com and go to Smack Talk, then The Official $hit On UND No Matter How They Do Thread.

Let them know everything you know about Hockey and FB. You'll be consumed past the finish of the next hockey season.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Here's what U do.

Log onto Bisonville.com and go to Smack Talk, then The Official $hit On UND No Matter How They Do Thread.

Let them know everything you know about Hockey and FB. You'll be consumed past the finish of the next hockey season.

Please no! Dear God!

• Upvote 1

There has been a series of interesting articles as to who should be voted #3 this year.  Below is one paragraph from the article.  If only we had an offensive coordinator who would adapt to the current roster instead of trying to fit square pegs into round holes at times.  

Here is a link to full article:  https://herosports.com/fcs/football-south-dakota-state-preseason-no-3-jackrabbits-bzbz

Don’t be surprised, though, to see a revamped SDSU offense. Offensive coordinator Eric Eidsness has shown the ability to adapt and alter his offense, like after 2014 with the graduation of Zach Zenner in a power-run system. While Mengarelli led the Jacks in rushing, Isaac Wallace showed plenty of explosion and Mikey Daniel brings the power. SDSU may benefit from a more balanced offensive approach this season.

• Upvote 1

It's really too bad we don't adapt a game plan around the talent we have at the running back position.  John Santiago makes a list for top running backs.  I feel as though Oliveria is the better "running back" between the two.  Santiago is a great talent but as far as a "running back," he lacks some fundamentals.  He has gotten better since his freshman year.  Would have been nice to see Oliveria at least make the list as "other running backs" to watch.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-10-returning-running-backs-fcs-2018

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

It's really too bad we don't adapt a game plan around the talent we have at the running back position.  John Santiago makes a list for top running backs.  I feel as though Oliveria is the better "running back" between the two.  Santiago is a great talent but as far as a "running back," he lacks some fundamentals.  He has gotten better since his freshman year.  Would have been nice to see Oliveria at least make the list as "other running backs" to watch.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-10-returning-running-backs-fcs-2018

Joe Prothoroe, Cal Poly, #5.  Thanks!!  I needed a good laugh today.  Don't worry, after his 78 full back dives in the 1st 2 and a half games, he'll be injured again and then talked about how great of player he was.  "He's sure dynamic plunging ahead for 3.7 yards a pop, 30 carries, 111 yards per game". What a joke.

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I knew you were still lurking about ... ;) 

I understand some of the kids in Finley have been fixing up the warehouse across the tracks for a "school dance".  So he's been busy with that.   

36 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

I understand some of the kids in Finley have been fixing up the warehouse across the tracks for a "school dance".  So he's been busy with that.   

I thought he's chillin' in the 'boro also. 

On 5/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, UNDBIZ said:

Wonder if we'll ever hear if he was ineligible for NCAA or just afraid. Another familiar name in the list of OL there though. 

And the fun starts early again this year. :silly::angry:

I am sick of "starting over" with the O-line every single year. When is this crap going to stop? :(

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And the fun starts early again this year. :silly::angry:

I am sick of "starting over" with the O-line every single year. When is this crap going to stop? :(

Maybe when we eventually decide to exclusively recruit offensive linemen from the sovereign United States of America?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Maybe when we eventually decide to exclusively recruit offensive linemen from the sovereign United States of America?

If I were in charge, and I probably should be, I'd count each Canadian commit at half of face value.  Since you can't count on a half commit, another Canadian commit at O-line would of made 1 full commit.  That's the rule, going forward. 

• Upvote 2