SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

25 minutes ago, CBass79 said:

Hey Guys,

New to the forum and, as i am a transplanted North Dakotan out here in Seattle figured it would be a good time to join up and see if anyone will be making the trip to the Pacific Northwest for the game. It will be my 2.5 year old son's first game (he will be decked out in Green and White, of course) and i played for Coach Berg and am hoping to run into him as well. Would love to see some of my fellow Midwesterners and UND fans.

Cheers,

Ryan

Planning on being there 

51 minutes ago, CBass79 said:

Hey Guys,

New to the forum and, as i am a transplanted North Dakotan out here in Seattle figured it would be a good time to join up and see if anyone will be making the trip to the Pacific Northwest for the game. It will be my 2.5 year old son's first game (he will be decked out in Green and White, of course) and i played for Coach Berg and am hoping to run into him as well. Would love to see some of my fellow Midwesterners and UND fans.

Cheers,

Ryan

Welcome to the board and name! I joined in 2010 when I moved to Colorado and it helps me stay connected.

Sea_Bass_-1.jpg

36 minutes ago, Dale said:

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Rain Slater has decommited from UND and is going to the university of Manitoba

Do you have a source?

If this is true what the !@#$ is going on with UND and it's inabilities to sustain OL!?!  Rain, Grady, Merz....all three would of all been all conf to all American type players yet they all bail.   As much as I love bubba and UND football ( and always will) there is something that is  "off".  With the lack of keeping quality OL and the horrible OC that UND has....this system seems to be a fail....offensively.   They want a power offense (which I love and the type that succeeds)  but with no quality power up front and 175 lb back ramming it up the middle...not happening.   Add to that....no creativity....it all adds up to fail.   The lack of attempting to recruit  a quality qb in each class is another thorn in my ass.   Playing in the big sky for another couple years should make it look a little better without quality up front but once they enter the mvfc.....ouch!  

Majorly disappointed if true.  

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

Do you have a source?

If this is true what the !@#$ is going on with UND and it's inabilities to sustain OL!?!  Rain, Grady, Merz....all three would of all been all conf to all American type players yet they all bail.   As much as I love bubba and UND football ( and always will) there is something that is  "off".  With the lack of keeping quality OL and the horrible OC that UND has....this system seems to be a fail....offensively.   They want a power offense (which I love and the type that succeeds)  with no quality power up front and 175 lb back ramming it up the middle.  Add to that....no creativity....it all adds up to fail.   The lack of attempting to recruit  a quality qb in each class is another thorn in my ass.   Playing in the big sky for another couple years should make it look a little better without quality up front but once they enter the mvfc.....ouch!  

The coaching staff and program (salaries, facilities w/o HPC phase 2) is mediocre at best right now. It is what it is. 

I wouldn't put too much stock in this one deflection though. 

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The coaching staff and program (salaries, facilities w/o HPC phase 2) is mediocre at best right now. It is what it is. 

I wouldn't put too much stock in this one deflection though. 

It's not just one deflection.   To loose at least 3 high quality Ol ...Grady Merz and now Rain.  If retained...UND could run their simplistic offense and occasionally succeed in the big sky....maybe nationally.  They cannot afford to lose any quality in the trenches.  If Rudolph was gone my mind set wouldn't be so gloom but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

It's not just one deflection.   To loose at least 3 high quality Ol ...Grady Merz and now Rain.  If retained...UND could run their simplistic offense and occasionally succeed in the big sky....maybe nationally.  They cannot afford to lose any quality in the trenches.  If Rudolph was gone my mind set wouldn't be so gloom but it is what it is. 

While I hear you about the offense, I’d have much more concern if all 3 those guys were still playing football somewhere. Two weren’t lost to other football teams, right?

17 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Do you have a source?

If this is true what the !@#$ is going on with UND and it's inabilities to sustain OL!?!  Rain, Grady, Merz....all three would of all been all conf to all American type players yet they all bail.   As much as I love bubba and UND football ( and always will) there is something that is  "off".  With the lack of keeping quality OL and the horrible OC that UND has....this system seems to be a fail....offensively.   They want a power offense (which I love and the type that succeeds)  but with no quality power up front and 175 lb back ramming it up the middle...not happening.   Add to that....no creativity....it all adds up to fail.   The lack of attempting to recruit  a quality qb in each class is another thorn in my ass.   Playing in the big sky for another couple years should make it look a little better without quality up front but once they enter the mvfc.....ouch!  

Sorry I don’t know how to post a source but it was on twitter from the U of M football team 

17 minutes ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

While I hear you about the offense, I’d have much more concern if all 3 those guys were still playing football somewhere. Two weren’t lost to other football teams, right?

This is straight from the mouth of a current player....Grady wanted to play for sdsu last year but UND wouldn't release his LOI.   He obviously was on a return comeback as we all know...then rescinded.  That is concerning ... why not here but sdsu

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

This is straight from a mouth of a current player....Grady wanted to play for sdsu last year but UND wouldn't release his LOI.   He obviously was on a return comeback as we all know...then rescinded.  That is concerning ... why not here but sdsu

Heard he looked into it yes but I do not believe he was set on going there.  These days all his family would have had to do was claim discrimination or something and it would have worked.  They didn't and even posed for pics at UND with Bubba when he decided to return.

2 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

This is straight from the mouth of a current player....Grady wanted to play for sdsu last year but UND wouldn't release his LOI.   He obviously was on a return comeback as we all know...then rescinded.  That is concerning ... why not here but sdsu

That's a great question.  Hopefully it's as simple as he wanted a fresh start.  Not sure I'd want to go back to a place that I bailed on.  That's also surprising because he played well here and the coaches kept giving him chances and they seemed to believe in him.

4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Plus, he never played anywhere after leaving that summer.  That is pretty telling.

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Plus, he never played anywhere after leaving that summer.  That is pretty telling.

UND won't/will not release his LOI. His only chance to play football is at UND.    It sounds very much like he wants to play football...just not at UND. 

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I have an extemely hard time believing that.  Think about it for a minute: when's the last time you heard a kid say NOTHING to anybody about being held up by his current school when wanting a transfer?  So apparently he is sitting at home kicking the couch cause UND won't release him.  Lol, cmon.  

Next point: does Bubba seem like the type to screw over a kid?  

Final point: he doesn't need to be fully released to transfer to another school.  He would just have to sit out a full year, right?  A school doesn't own a kid for 4 years.  Absurd.

You are entitled to an opinion but I won't engage in a dialogue to which I heard from a current player......I have no concrete evidence.... It's just what this player said last year when he re-committed.  

58 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I have an extemely hard time believing that.  Think about it for a minute: when's the last time you heard a kid say NOTHING to anybody about being held up by his current school when wanting a transfer?  So apparently he is sitting at home kicking the couch cause UND won't release him.  Lol, cmon.  

Next point: does Bubba seem like the type to screw over a kid?  

Final point: he doesn't need to be fully released to transfer to another school.  He would just have to sit out a full year, right?  A school doesn't own a kid for 4 years.  Absurd.

If UND wasn't releasing him he would have appealed.  Anybody hear about his appeal or see the paperwork?  

Unfortunately, in this case, public perception is not always the truth. Some things go on behind the scenes that would upset many ignorant to the reality of DI college football. 

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Unfortunately, in this case, public perception is not always the truth. Some things go on behind the scenes that would upset many ignorant to the reality of DI college football. 

Nobody is arguing the initial denial and then attempt to get him back, which happened.  My point is after he left in June (for second time) to go back home why didn't he request a release and go somewhere else?  Appeal?  Haven't heard a peep since but he claims he wants to be playing. 

Damn near every kid who wants to be released gets released eventually. I fully agree that he should be playing somewhere, so much talent.