SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

I just renewed my season tickets.  Now I'm eligible for the drawing.  Would love to win the 2 tickets to the Washington game.

Nodak78 you inspired me. I also just renewed my football tickets. Now - hopefully the team is back on track and I will want to use them.

25 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Nodak78 you inspired me. I also just renewed my football tickets. Now - hopefully the team is back on track and I will want to use them.

Damn .  I was hoping everyone would wait one week so I would have better odds of the first week drawing.   a trip for two to watch the Fighting Hawks take on the Huskies.  That is well worth renewing now.

31 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Damn .  I was hoping everyone would wait one week so I would have better odds of the first week drawing.   a trip for two to watch the Fighting Hawks take on the Huskies.  That is well worth renewing now.

I never win these kind of things so you are safe. "78 is High School or College graduation year?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4425628-unds-john-santiago-and-brady-oliveira-brothers-football-and-faith

Nice piece about Lightning and Thunder.  My biggest impression of the article was how Santiago drops (as if out of nowhere) the desire for a National Championship - a pretty lofty goal for team that has played just one NCAA playoff game, but it's nice they have something to shoot for.

45 minutes ago, Dustin said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4425628-unds-john-santiago-and-brady-oliveira-brothers-football-and-faith

Nice piece about Lightning and Thunder.  My biggest impression of the article was how Santiago drops (as if out of nowhere) the desire for a National Championship - a pretty lofty goal for team that has played just one NCAA playoff game, but it's nice they have something to shoot for.

They better desire a national championship, or else what the hell is the point of working your ass off in off-season workouts? As a fan, I sure as hell want UND football to strive for a damn national title. If ag central U can win 5 in a row, UND better damn well be able to win one. 

C'mon people, support UND football and the goal to win it all. If this coaching staff and team can't do it, find one that can. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

They better desire a national championship, or else what the hell is the point of working your ass off in off-season workouts? As a fan, I sure as hell want UND football to strive for a damn national title. If ag central U can win 5 in a row, UND better damn well be able to win one. 

C'mon people, support UND football and the goal to win it all. If this coaching staff and team can't do it, find one that can. 

You have made this suggestion on more than one occasion.

Everyone, raise your hand if you DO NOT want or expect UND to win a football title? (looking around the room-nothing)

Ok, well then, let's move on.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I believe they also want a National Championship  and his message is he needs to focus on  himself and getting better.  There is way too much talk about championships before the necessary work in the weight room, on the practice field, in the film room or the recruiting is done.  Now is the time for them to do what they can to make themselves and their teammates better.  Day at a time, then a play at a time, game at a time etc.  Too many people get bent out of shape with what someone says or doesn't say rather than what they do, and these two have spoken loudly with their play on the field.

As fans, what can we do to improve the program and help these kids get better?  Actions always speak louder than words. 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I believe they also want a National Championship  and his message is he needs to focus on  himself and getting better.  There is way too much talk about championships before the necessary work in the weight room, on the practice field, in the film room or the recruiting is done.  Now is the time for them to do what they can to make themselves and their teammates better.  Day at a time, then a play at a time, game at a time etc.  Too many people get bent out of shape with what someone says or doesn't say rather than what they do, and these two have spoken loudly with their play on the field.

As fans, what can we do to improve the program and help these kids get better?  Actions always speak louder than words. 

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Both can be done. 

I dont feel posts on this board exclude one from helping the program with actions. 

On 4/2/2018 at 5:20 PM, shep said:

You have made this suggestion on more than one occasion.

Everyone, raise your hand if you DO NOT want or expect UND to win a football title? (looking around the room-nothing)

Ok, well then, let's move on.

You sure do a nice job keeping track of everything. 

A lot of excuses on this board. Work hard, produce results. 

The fellow said it was his "biggest impression" - that shouldn't happen, even if you're as logical as @shep

My early three questions for 2018

1. Will our new QB's be able to open things up without turning the ball over?

2. Will our OL take a step forward and be above average next year?

3.  Will we be able to get good consistent play from the Safety position with Reyes being gone?  

4 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

My early three questions for 2018

1. Will our new QB's be able to open things up without turning the ball over?

2. Will our OL take a step forward and be above average next year?

3.  Will we be able to get good consistent play from the Safety position with Reyes being gone?  

Good points. I would like to add:

4. Can our defensive front 7 get the push back that they had in 2016?

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Good points. I would like to add:

4. Can our defensive front 7 get the push back that they had in 2016?

I think they will.  I know there were questions about our DL not getting it done last year, but I think it was a domino effect of not having ILB's and maybe how our defensive plays were being called etc..  I don't see how guys like Dranka and Greeley who were four year players all of the sudden regressed and got worse.  Plus they were seniors, they are not going to pack it in after 3-4 games and slack off.  It's their last shot.....they are going to play hard.  The Freshman DL guys that redshirted last year were more highly touted than Greeley and Dranka, and Greeley and Dranka played as true freshman and were pretty successful, so I expect our redshirt freshman this year to play well.  Plus Tank has put some more weight back on the way it sounds, which is good.  Given all of that I think the DL will rebound and turn to form.  However that said, we still need to see it happen.....and after last year literally every position on the team has something to prove other than RB, we know what we've got there.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

When is the drawing for the season ticket holders for the Washington game? 

I'm sure I won and can't believe they haven't contacted me yet.  Maybe they will announce at the spring game.   I won't make it but I'll be watching on TV.