SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: Hawks vs Da Eags

geaux_sioux

5 hours ago, homer said:

Yep.  That play also showed me how much I’m looking next to a QB that can throw it next year.  Teams can afford to stack the box vs us cause that deep throw wasn’t the strength of our QB

Maybe had a bit to do with not being used to a receiver as fast as Izzy, too.  That kid has some wheels.

22 minutes ago, Great white said:

I understand this may have been a little premature and Bubba may have jumped the gun on some of the suspensions.  There may be some apologies coming!

Not really. If you're expecting an apology from him you're going to be waiting for a while. They were preliminary suspended pending any relation to the previous case that got the two players kicked off the team.  It was the right move.

7 hours ago, Great white said:

Really?  Are we still not in a society that finds you innocent until proven Guilty?  Please, one of these was a senior and if found proven innocent he missed his last game of college ball " pending any relation to a previous investigation". Not right at all!

In a public legal matter, yes, you are innocent until proven guilty. 

However, you can choose to join a private organization that uses an entirely different standard.
If that standard is "the mere appearance of impropriety", well, you freely signed up for it. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Great white said:

Really?  Are we still not in a society that finds you innocent until proven Guilty?  Please, one of these was a senior and if found proven innocent he missed his last game of college ball " pending any relation to a previous investigation". Not right at all!

Why are people liking and upvoting this?  

Every suspension ever has come BEFORE the player is PROVEN guilty.  Once the police or university find something that is possibly illegal they act on it through a suspension and then it plays itself out.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

Why are people liking and upvoting this?  

Every suspension ever has come BEFORE the player is PROVEN guilty.  Once the police or university find something that is possibly illegal they act on it through a suspension and then it plays itself out.  

I️ upvoted it because there is more to the story. Unless more info comes out that refutes what I️ heard these men got the shaft.  (Reserving the right to change my mind with more info)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

I️ upvoted it because there is more to the story. Unless more info comes out that refutes what I️ heard these men got the shaft.  (Reserving the right to change my mind with more info)

Has this staff ever preemptively suspended a player and ended up being wrong? Going to give them (the staff) the benefit of the doubt, especially since clearly handling these situations with kid's gloves is no longer an option. Don't put yourself in a situation that can be considered questionable and it shouldn't be an issue. 

20 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Has this staff ever preemptively suspended a player and ended up being wrong? Going to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially since clearly handling these situations with kid's gloves is no longer an option. Don't put yourself in a situation that can be considered questionable and it shouldn't be an issue. 

Whether they were dealing or not they still got busted with a bunch of weed. They need to be good students and leave that Shiite until they are done with college. Be a role model and follow the law.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

There is a lot more to the story, and  hopefully, they take the proactive steps to avoid being suspected or suspended in the first place.