SiouxSports.com Forum

New Hospital Facility in GF

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for all the updates on the UND campus. That's very encouraging for me to see and hear about and has changed my view quite a bit on the current state of the University. 

To 3, I think it’s a mix of circumstance and attitude. GF isn’t business friendly or growth minded. GOBC don’t want any outsiders growing the pie and taking slices. And if you look at a population gro

Altru's tertiary care partner is Mayo.  Sanford is trying to compete with Mayo.  The affiliate agreement with Mayo kept decision making local while establishing a defined specialty relationship with o

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

Last three Altru presidents (Weiser, Lunn and Ryan) go back nearly 25 years. Did Brown precede them?

Altru formed in 1997 when United Health and GF Clinic merged. Pretty sure Ryan was the CEO at inception. Seems like an odd shot at Brown. The mayor thing is a stretch as well. Not a fan of plenty he has or hasn't done but it's not like he's had much for formidable challengers, that isn't exactly his fault. 

• Upvote 3
  • 2 months later...

In order to focus on COVID-19, the hospital has reduced most general-elective surgeries by 60%, a huge drain on its revenue. Construction of its new $250 million facility has been put on hold, and hours of operation at some Altru locations are being reduced. The hospital is also moving to reduce pay and furlough some staff.

So Altru is gonna have trouble paying for the new hospital?

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

So Altru is gonna have trouble paying for the new hospital?

They're going to roll out a pilot program in which each patient presenting at the ER will be asked to weld a few beams before triage.  Unless they have COVID-19 symptoms, in which case they'll have to pour a few yards of concrete as well.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

They're going to roll out a pilot program in which each patient presenting at the ER will be asked to weld a few beams before triage.  Unless they have COVID-19 symptoms, in which case they'll have to pour a few yards of concrete as well.

I thought the nurses and staff were doing that.

Dr. Steven Weiser, president of Altru Health System, said in the hospital's announcement. “We don’t know exactly how COVID-19 will impact our community, only that it will. Pausing construction allows us to direct our focus to caring for patients and supporting the Altru team members who provide that critical care. 

Reduced staff and paycuts usually dont go together with "all hands on deck to fight this pandemic!"

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Cratter said:

I thought the nurses and staff were doing that.

Dual-use abbreviations at Altru:

RN - Riveting Nurse

STAT - Stop Talking About That

MRI - Maybe Revenue'll Improve

MD/PHD - More Delays, Please Hurry Donations

ICU - Ignore Credit-rating Updates

OB/GYN - Other Building, Guessing Years Now

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...