Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AZSIOUX

NORTH DAKOTA @ badgers - SATURDAY Gameday

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I don’t even go on that site to check scores.....I may by accident click into the forum and it’s all downhill after that....:(

RIGHT!  I used to be on USCHO all the time.  Now whenever I click on the app, it's like accidentally tapping into a p*rn site while at my desk at work - gotta exit as fast as I can and hope no self-respecting person saw me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

RIGHT!  I used to be on USCHO all the time.  Now whenever I click on the app, it's like accidentally tapping into a p*rn site while at my desk at work - gotta exit as fast as I can and hope no self-respecting person saw me!

Only thing USCHO is good for is checking PairWise rankings....and it's  a little early in the season for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I actually thought our defense would be the strength of the team this year, they were shaky for a good portion of last season but I felt down the stretch and into the playoffs last season you could see the growth and potential of the group.  Plus, that is where our experience is - defense and in net (prior to Cam's injury). I was thinking the defense and goaltending could hold down the fort while the offense with a bunch of new guys figures things out.

Agreed, I should have clarified since I thought they'd be the strength of the team as well, but I never thought they'd be at this level. This defensive unit is at a rare "elite" status this year, definitely one of the Top 5 collective units in the country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jdlooney said:

Does anyone know what the non conference schedule looks like for next season?

Wisco, Minnesota in Vegas, Mankato at home, Bemidji, 2 at Canisius... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AJS said:

Agreed, I should have clarified since I thought they'd be the strength of the team as well, but I never thought they'd be at this level. This defensive unit is at a rare "elite" status this year, definitely one of the Top 5 collective units in the country. 

I’m interested to see how the defense does in NCHC play. Minnesota and Wisconsin were good tests but league play can get a little crazy... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Wisco, Minnesota in Vegas, Mankato at home, Bemidji, 2 at Canisius... 

 

Schloss has Anchorage at home listed on his blog as well. He doesn't mention Mankato or Canisius though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

I’m interested to see how the defense does in NCHC play. Minnesota and Wisconsin were good tests but league play can get a little crazy... 

Hence western Michigan sweeping Denver. I agree, it'll be a bigger test 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

the fact that you have Frenchy's makes me your friend

 

If that's all it takes, we're good.  I'd gladly share a pint (or two) with a fellow Sioux fan any day.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Schloss has Anchorage at home listed on his blog as well. He doesn't mention Mankato or Canisius though.

It was mentioned we are going to Canisius on the radio by Hennessy  this weekend, and Mankato was confirmed by the Mankato beat writer a few weeks ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdlooney said:

Thank you Siouxforce19.....looks like a trip to Canisus.  Now I need to find out where it is...lol

 

Buffalo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SteveP said:

Buffalo 

Well that's just down the road in South Dakota!  SWEET!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

It was mentioned we are going to Canisius on the radio by Hennessy  this weekend, and Mankato was confirmed by the Mankato beat writer a few weeks ago. 

That game will be across the street from the NHL arena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jdlooney said:

I thought I heard they were going to be playing at Quinnipiniac some time? 

That would surprise me considering their coach has said in the past that they don’t feel the need to travel West too often for non conference and I don’t see us going there without a return trip to REA. Granted he said that prior to us whooping QU in the title game so he could’ve changed his mind. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I’m interested to see how the defense does in NCHC play. Minnesota and Wisconsin were good tests but league play can get a little crazy... 

Some teams didn't care to play defense, so I think they will be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...