SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day @ Da Birds 7pm

geaux_sioux

"Opinions are great but when someone's child is being belittled by a posser, that's where I draw the line.  (Yes, I understand they are under scholarship, doesn't matter).  Pick on the coaches all you want but keep your distance saying something around their wives or mothers." 

Ditto

Even trashing coaches get old.  There are reasons for the calls and coaching decisions.  I don't always  get the finer points of football and many know more than I do but continued, overt criticism pulls down the whole program.  This is year 4 of Bubba ball and I thought there would be a major change by now. There are reasons not known to us if that has not happened.  So, maybe we take a deep breath and focus on the next game.  Then people in decision-making positions will need to make decisions.

Family should never be part of this.

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

"Opinions are great but when someone's child is being belittled by a posser, that's where I draw the line.  (Yes, I understand they are under scholarship, doesn't matter).  Pick on the coaches all you want but keep your distance saying something around their wives or mothers." 

Ditto

Even trashing coaches get old.  There are reasons for the calls and coaching decisions.  I don't always  get the finer points of football and many know more than I do but continued, overt criticism pulls down the whole program.  This is year 4 of Bubba ball and I thought there would be a major change by now. There are reasons not known to us if that has not happened.  So, maybe we take a deep breath and focus on the next game.  Then people in decision-making positions will need to make decisions.

Family should never be part of this.

Who was talking about family?  

As far as the season, there are always reasons other than dumb luck for a collapse like we have experienced this season.  Most of the injuries could not have been avoided however the rest of the debacle including the poor game planning, adjustments and execution, the arrests, the discipline problems, the lack of focus and all of the games missed by multiple players for phantom reasons that are never explained or reported on, that is all on Bubba and his staff.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, lets eat said:

I'm actually surprised UND hasn't offered UND-FB-FAN the OC and AD job.  He sure seems to know what it takes to do both jobs.  He's quite the player evaluator, recruiting guru, player development expert' and much more.  He's been telling us for years how the Alerus center should be run and by golly if we would just implement his ideas in the athletic department everything would be great!!!! .   Not only that, but apparently he has coaching and medical backround.  I'm a former player with no children in the game but it pains me to see guys like him pretend to believe they are relevant or have a clue. Opinions are great but when someone's child is being belittled by a posser, that's where I draw the line.  (Yes, I understand they are under scholarship, doesn't matter).  Pick on the coaches all you want but keep your distance saying something around their wives or mothers

Wow, you really took that a different direction. Family? That's a ridiculous stretch on your end. If you burn easy, stay out of the heat. Thin-skinned folks are part of the problem, not the solution. You can question my background all you want, but in the end you are just stating your own personal opinions like everyone else. 

Go UND 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Who was talking about family?  

As far as the season, there are always reasons other than dumb luck for a collapse like we have experienced this season.  Most of the injuries could not have been avoided however the rest of the debacle including the poor game planning, adjustments and execution, the arrests, the discipline problems, the lack of focus and all of the games missed by multiple players for phantom reasons that are never explained or reported on, that is all on Bubba and his staff.

I just don't know how you avoid young men from getting in trouble and that can include arrests. I was in my 40's when I got arrested for a DUI (got a Miracle and got out of it) but this type of thing happens all over and I don't think a coach can be the Guardian Angel to all his players.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, shep said:

I just don't know how you avoid young men from getting in trouble and that can include arrests. I was in my 40's when I got arrested for a DUI (got a Miracle and got out of it) but this type of thing happens all over and I don't think a coach can be the Guardian Angel to all his players.

It should be to the point where the players are scared to death of letting down their coaches, teammates, or school. To a certain extent that comes from within but a standard needs to be set from the top and supported by the team through accountability. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

It should be to the point where the players are scared to death of letting down their coaches, teammates, or school. To a certain extent that comes from within but a standard needs to be set from the top and supported by the team through accountability. 

No doubt. But it still happens. Look at the hockey program- a few years ago they had Kristo, Frattin et al in trouble. S8it happens.

1 hour ago, shep said:

I don’t think anyone expects 85? young men to all be angels, but there is lots of crap going on that is not conducive to being a focused football team.  

I bet when you got your dui yiu had tempted fate dozens if not hundreds of times, maybe it was a fluke but it usually is not.  We have had 3 out of 85 players arrested for drug dealing in the last 6 months in two separate incidences.  Think about that and use the same probablilities. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I don’t think anyone expects 85? young men to all be angels, but there is lots of crap going on that is not conducive to being a focused football team.  

I bet when you got your dui yiu had tempted fate dozens if not hundreds of times, maybe it was a fluke but it usually is not.  We have had 3 out of 85 players arrested for drug dealing in the last 6 months in two separate incidences.  Think about that and use the same probablilities.

Well...as for probabilities, I have friends who have never been arrested but who drink and drive quite often, in fact, more often than me. 3 out of 85 doesn't seem like a lot. Are you saying there should be more because more are using?

4 minutes ago, shep said:

Well...as for probabilities, I have friends who have never been arrested but who drink and drive quite often, in fact, more often than me. 3 out of 85 doesn't seem like a lot. Are you saying there should be more because more are using?

That was my point.  What do we think is going on that 3 members of the UND football team have been arrested by a drug task force in the last 6 months?  It is not like they were all pulled over in a car and they had a baggie of weed and were busted.

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

That was my point.  What do we think is going on that 3 members of the UND football team have been arrested by a drug task force in the last 6 months?  It is not like they were all pulled over in a car and they had a baggie of weed and were busted.

And I pointed out that the others in the house should be exonerated as it's highly likely EVERY room in that house was searched. Simply being on a team with 3 guys who are busted does not mean all or any of the others are dealing with them. I bet if they were we'd have heard about it by now in other charges being filed. It's too easy to say that those guys are the tip of the iceberg and I don't think I'm being naïve.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I'll be taking a dirt nap by the time UND football makes it back to the playoffs.

You really think we are years away from making the playoffs again, or did you graduate high school the same year Hugh Hefner did?

• Upvote 2