Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD posting and hiring process


SiouxVolley
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

For everyone making a big deal of my post.   "Get Bent-"

I was just pointing out what could be an awkward situation and one in which the new AD would have to rely on another finalist for success.  No one sees the irony?

No. Things like this happen quite often. An employee applies for a position they're not quite qualified for yet. They recieve an interview and are moved forward because they're a fairly decent candidate. They don't get the job because of the lack of experience, but they appreciate the opportunity and know what they need to get there. 

If the new AD is smart, they make him his second hand man. He knows the culture, how to recruit and is then a great option as the next AD. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, southpaw said:

If the new AD is smart, they make him his second hand man. He knows the culture, how to recruit and is then a great option as the next AD. 

Certainly could go this way. 

Dear Sioux Forum - I didn't mean to imply anyone as to "torpedo" and/or "sabotage" UND Athletics as a result of this.  Chill for F-sake.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

If they hire Mike Mannausau UND might as well go back to DII...the Bubba higher was not as bad as he at least left UND and came back but to hire within like this would be the worst decision I have seen yet since the Mussman and Jones contract extension.

Are you saying any internal hire/promotion is bad, or promoting someone with as little experience at this point as Mannausau would be bad?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen said:

If they hire Mike Mannausau UND might as well go back to DII...the Bubba hire was not as bad as he at least left UND and came back but to hire within like this would be the worst decision I have seen yet since the Mussman and Jones contract extensions.

Agree 100%

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

Both....I know I know I know....it's not what you know but who you know, right? Wrong!

I don't support that notion, but I also know the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  I don't like the message of "if you want to get a promotion, you have to leave for another school" either.  Talent can certainly be grown and promoted from within, I'm just not sure Mannausau is ready yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

If Mannausau is a great fundraiser why isn’t the final phase of the indoor arena done uet

I suppose you want to ignore that he fundraised to get Phase I built and that he already has started Phase II.

Maybe sit the next play out...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I don't support that notion, but I also know the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  I don't like the message of "if you want to get a promotion, you have to leave for another school" either.  Talent can certainly be grown and promoted from within, I'm just not sure Mannausau is ready yet.

How about this committee that was formed to help the hiring process? There is a committee, correct? So if they end up hiring Mannasau I imagine they will refund the University. SMH....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

How about this committee that was formed to help the hiring process? There is a committee, correct? So if they end up hiring Mannasau I imagine they will refund the University. SMH....

There are two separate entities here.

There was a 'search firm' used (Bill Carr) to help find and recruit the best pool of candidates possible for the 'committee' to choose from. 

The 'search firm' had absolutely nothing to do with selecting the finalists. The 'committee' chose the 4 finalists.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...