SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD posting and hiring process

SiouxVolley

10 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

How about this committee that was formed to help the hiring process? There is a committee, correct? So if they end up hiring Mannasau I imagine they will refund the University. SMH....

So if Mannausau is the best candidate, we shouldn't promote him to AD anyway because we already spent money on a committee and a search firm?

Now, I don't believe Mannausau to be the best candidate at this point, but I've got to disagree with your reasoning and absolute statements regarding internal hires/promotions.

34 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So if Mannausau is the best candidate, we shouldn't promote him to AD anyway because we already spent money on a committee and a search firm?

Now, I don't believe Mannausau to be the best candidate at this point, but I've got to disagree with your reasoning and absolute statements regarding internal hires/promotions.

If he is the best candidate that really doesn't say much for the candidates who applied. UND is small time and should just move down to DII if they hire someone with absolutely no experience whatsoever! And the fact that you are arguing this makes me believe that people like you are the reason why UND DI transition has gone so poorly. We need someone with new visions....not just visions of what they know from their time at UND.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

If he is the best candidate that really doesn't say much for the candidates who applied. UND is small time and should just move down to DII if they hire someone with absolutely no experience whatsoever! And the fact that you are arguing this makes me believe that people like you are the reason why UND DI transition has gone so poorly. We need someone with new visions....not just visions of what they know from their time at UND.

193ef2ed9c38c0c9e7ec45d04f6ab0b05c19a69219da42c0d3673e023c343a3a.jpg

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

There are two separate entities here.

There was a 'search firm' used (Bill Carr) to help find and recruit the best pool of candidates possible for the 'committee' to choose from. 

The 'search firm' had absolutely nothing to do with selecting the finalists. The 'committee' chose the 4 finalists.

So we can blame the firm for serving the committee's plate with a bunch of crap?

2 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

If he is the best candidate that really doesn't say much for the candidates who applied.  UND is small time and should just move down to DII if they hire someone with absolutely no experience whatsoever!

Did you read the second sentence?

And the fact that you are arguing this makes me believe that people like you are the reason why UND DI transition has gone so poorly. We need someone with new visions....not just visions of what they know from their time at UND.

Perhaps we should be targeting another raspy voiced white-hair from New Mexico or California then.  I'm not arguing in favor of Mannausau, I'm arguing against your ridiculous assertion that all internal hires/promotions would be bad.

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Did you read the second sentence?

Perhaps we should be targeting another raspy voiced white-hair from New Mexico or California then.  I'm not arguing in favor of Mannausau, I'm arguing against your ridiculous assertion that all internal hires/promotions would be bad.

Thanks for clearing that up but as I stated earlier. This isn't a posting opened up due to a head coach leaving and his assistant trying to fill his shoes. Otherwise I would agree with you.

10 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

I dont know because I'm not there in the forums and havent seen them in person or heard their visions.  I also don't know what Kennedy wants in an Athletic Director.  Two huge variables.

If you are in GF, maybe go to Mannausau's public forum today and listen to his vision and plan.  THEN come back and tell us he's crap.

Unlike Mannausau I have left Grand Forks so I wont be able to make it but you know what. I'll just sit back and wait to say I told you so.

1 hour ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

There are two separate entities here.

There was a 'search firm' used (Bill Carr) to help find and recruit the best pool of candidates possible for the 'committee' to choose from. 

The 'search firm' had absolutely nothing to do with selecting the finalists. The 'committee' chose the 4 finalists.

Again, someone in a paid or appointed position should have had the brains and gonadal fortitude to review and select who was getting an interview. Now there are too many layers to the onion. Only twice did I select a newbie over the experienced internal candidate. One time was a disaster, disaster and the person lasted a year. The second time was worse. Lots of potential legal issues but they were passed to the next community!!! Go with what you know!

For those of you unsure of the hierarchy of the NCAA, please note that "G5" senior associates or deputy administrators (#2s and #3s in their departments) are applying for an FCS AD job.

I could be completely wrong, but I don't see any deputies or associates from "P5" schools having made our finalists list. As someone noted, we have a couple associate/deputy types from "G5" schools, but none from P5 schools. (Where's Morton from MSU? Purpur from Stanford?)

That tells me there is a pecking order; or, put another way: 
- 'tis better to be #2 or #3 (or worse?) at a P5 than to be the AD at an FCS,  or,
- being AD at FCS is better than being #2 or #3 at a G5. 

"P5" -- ACC, Big Ten, SEC, Big XII, PAC 12
"G5" -- MAC, C-USA, Mountain West, SBC, WAC

4 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

"I told you so" when Mannausau is hired and moves UND closer to DII. Hope you enjoy the losing records in every sport except hockey.

Will you elaborate on this some more? I would like to know why you think he would move us closer to D11?