SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD posting and hiring process

SiouxVolley

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

I believe EWU has been trying to raise money to rebuild the football stadium forever.

I just took a quick look at their fan forum.  Looks like they hate their current President, but are relatively supportive of AD Chaves.

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

I just took a quick look at their fan forum.  Looks like they hate their current President, but are relatively supportive of AD Chaves.

He has made good hires for coaches.  Not a fund raiser.  Elliott has an impressive resume for many areas for AD not sure about hiring skills.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jan/04/eastern-washington-ad-bill-chaves-a-finalist-at-no/

Faison earned $164,000 annually during his last two years while overseeing a department with a budget of $26.3 million. Chaves, whose current contract is set to expire on June 30, earns $120,000 annually.

EWU’s athletic budget in 2015-16 was $14.6 million.

36 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Links to bios:
Bill Chaves - Positive - Current AD at an relatively athletically successful FCS school.  - Negative - Potential fundraising/financial issues.
Monty Porter - Positive - MAC AAD.  - Negative - Has been a MAC AD employee forever with little advancement.
Mike Mannausau - Positive - Connections and cultural compatibility.  - Negative - AD experience.
Kellie Elliott - Positive - C-USA AAD with array of administrative and fundraising experience. - Negative - A short-timer everywhere she goes with potential culture shock.

My way-to-early takes.  Not much to build an opinion on for Porter.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Porter and Mannausau must be great interviews. 

No surprise with Mannausau. He knows the culture, the state and the operation. Home run fundraiser. Has experience in many different capacities at UND including dealing with the management of the REA and the Alerus. I think he'd be great if given the opportunity.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I would think the guy from EWU would be the favorite.

I have to wonder why he wants out of EWU?   We would be more of a lateral move than a step up, really.   I really have to wonder how much he understands about hockey?    We all know that's the horse that leads the cart around here.   At this point I'm not sure I like any of them.

37 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I would think the guy from EWU would be the favorite.

Agreed. I don't know his fundraising capabilites but EWU would be a tough place to showcase it. 

23 minutes ago, TRex said:

I have to wonder why he wants out of EWU?   We would be more of a lateral move than a step up, really.   I really have to wonder how much he understands about hockey?    We all know that's the horse that leads the cart around here.   At this point I'm not sure I like any of them.

A long time ago but knows a few things about hockey

Chaves also has a hockey background – a big plus at UND, which has won several NCAA titles, the last one in 2016. A New England native, he also worked as sports information director at Quinnipiac, which has a hockey program. Credit the spokesman

Why does my gut say Elliott is going to be as poor a choice as Fighting Hawks? 

She looks to be the weakest of the bunch...........plus anyone with even a slight California "mentality" isn't the answer for UND.

She is a distant 4th place in this 4 horse race.