SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD posting and hiring process

SiouxVolley

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jan/27/before-leaving-bill-chaves-reflects-on-positive-ti/

Chaves wasn't a fundraiser to the EWU admin's satisfaction.  Hence a parting the ways with each side saving face according to the Spokesman-Review.  Think Kennedy knows he needs performance out of an AD, not fundraing ability, because the money is coming.

Tough to fundraiser when you don't have the President supporting your projects and/or priorities. There was a definite disconnect between the athletic department and president's office at EWU on top of the other challenges they already faced. He will be in a completely different environment here and Chaves will be a great compliment to the Foundation and Champions Club, stepping in when appropriate and needed, and overall be a great face for the athletic department. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/27/2018 at 11:45 PM, SiouxVolley said:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jan/27/before-leaving-bill-chaves-reflects-on-positive-ti/

Chaves wasn't a fundraiser to the EWU admin's satisfaction.  

21 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Tough to fundraiser when you don't have the President supporting your projects and/or priorities.

Looks like a lot of fingerpointing between the two sides. 

40 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Looks like a lot of fingerpointing between the two sides. 

My position didn't come from Chaves himself, rather other people associated with EWU who have been less than impressed with their president. His commentary on fundraising was that they were in a tough position being basically the 3rd or 4th school in people's pecking order (UW, WSU, Gonzaga and even Idaho to a point) and the challenges they faced. He didn't use it as an excuse though.

26 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Solution to funding....................................get the GOBC machine running at full throttle! ;)

They are still spinning after their leader in the clubhouse didn't even make the finalists.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Cratter said:

Kennedy fired an AD and hired another one that was being fired.

Come on Cratter, this is pure speculation. It seems the President at EWU had athletics on the back burner so Chaves could only do so much there. I say give the guy a chance with more resources and see what happens.

On 1/26/2018 at 4:44 PM, petey23 said:

I am not sure if it ever came out as to whether Josh Morton ever officially applied for the A.D position at UND but if he didn't he has to be kicking himself right now as the Michigan State Athletic department and University in general are imploding. I am guessing he has freshened up his resume.

was thinking the same thing...will anyone (including dantio and izzo) have a job left when this is over?  he would have been a great choice imo?

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I was wrong on that, my bad. From what I have read it seemed like a lot of people did not get along with their current president. 

Definitely not to say Chaves won't be a good AD.

As we know, Some AD's and Presidents don't get along.

I think he'll do good things at UND. From the list of candidates, he was my top choice.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:09 PM, BobIwabuchiFan said:

I haven't heard much about Chaves in the Herald or even small talk in town...Is this good or bad or just too early?

Chaves has been very busy - as noted above, mostly observing and talking to people so far.  There appears to be no question that he will be much more proactive with fans and boosters than his predecessor.  He also will be much more involved in fundraising!