SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD posting and hiring process

SiouxVolley

5 hours ago, SiouxFallsSioux/Hawk said:

From a source, the committee gives feedback to Kennedy today. Kennedy sleeps on it and negotiates with a candidate tomorrow through Sunday. Hope is to have candidate on a plane Sunday night for a Monday press conference, or at least an announcement.

You forgot to mention Kennedy's meeting with the #GOBC at Judy's tomorrow afternoon.  Need them to sign off on it first, then the negotiations will begin...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

Prepare for some culture shock, and not referring to the weather.  (Offensive football will shock him more than the weather)

I am hoping that having worked with Beau Baldwin and Troy Taylor will give home the clout needed to suggest Bubba open things up a bit offensively.  Not just playcalling....formations, scheme,.....

Nice statement from EWU's pres:

Statement from EWU President Dr. Mary Cullinan Regarding the Departure of Athletic Director Bill Chaves, who will be leaving EWU for the same position at the University of North Dakota:

"On behalf of Eastern Washington University, I extend my sincere thank you to Bill Chaves for ten great years of service to EWU Athletics. I wish him the very best at the University of North Dakota in this exciting next chapter of his professional career. 

"Under Bill's leadership, EWU produced numerous winning teams, led by outstanding coaches who served as great mentors. And our student-athletes have excelled in the classroom, achieving a GPA of 3.0 or higher for 31 straight quarters. Eastern is committed to building on this success to ensure a vibrant future for the athletic department. 

"I will be working with Bill Chaves immediately to implement a transition plan as the university begins the process of finding a new athletic director. Details on that plan, including interim leadership and a time table, will be made public when details are finalized within the next several days. 

Eastern will greatly miss Bill Chaves, who has created a lasting legacy for this university. I wish him excellent continued success."

Chaves May have indeed been the best candidate....

I’m saddened by the way this institution seems to devalue a person who is educated at UND or from ND. 

Where would we be without Starcher, Clifford, Odegard, Bruce Smith, Davies, Burdick, Wrigley, Schaefer and more?

In Athletics Roebuck, Ziegler, Lennon, Schweigert, Hakstol, Berry, Engelstad, Stromberg, Gasparini , Murphy, and more....

This coming from me, a guy with only a HS Education out of Colorado...#sad

Should I advise my grandkids to be educated elsewhere if you ever want a chance at a meaningful job at UND.....

I believe we have had more success from within, then the key hires we have brought in.... 

I wanted Mike....

Welcome and Congratulations to Bill Chaves.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Congrats Mr Chaves and best of luck.

Know I'll be excoriated for this but big changes are coming to the Big Sky.

My feelings is Chaves knew EWU couldn't hang with the Idaho,  the Montanas, and UND when they split off.  Weber St will take their place and Chaves already knows this, so he cut and ran to a better job.  The fundraising job at EWU was just too much for FBS.

• Downvote 2

Just now, SiouxVolley said:

Congrats Mr Chaves and best of luck.

Know I'll be excoriated for this but big changes are coming to the Big Sky.

My feelings is Chaves knew EWU couldn't hang with the Idaho,  the Montanas, and UND when they split off.  Weber St will take their place and Chaves already knows this, so he cut and ran to a better job.  The fundraising job at EWU was just too much for FBS.

Seriously, enough of your crap predictions that are consistently wrong. Not every thread needs to be turned into your ramblings about FBS.