SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD posting and hiring process

SiouxVolley

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

You might have a point if UND hired CarrSports to do something besides chew gum, but they didn't.....

Just pointing on the the relevant details and giant holes in your latest connect the dot theory. I know how announcement of UND moving to the Summit/MVFC threw a giant wrench in the UND/Big Sky/FBS one.

"I just can't figure it out ... it just doesn't make any sense." -- SV circa January 2017.

• Upvote 1

So if I am being accused of wanting a better profile for UND than FBS Bowling Green, La-Monroe, or Coastal Carolina, guilty as charged.

If I am being charged with not running down the coaches and generally not bitching like other posters, here, guilty as charged.

If I am not kissing NDSU's ass like many of the posters here seem to demand, as if that the be end and all, guilty as charged.

Previously the WAC was the only route to FBS , and I have explained in detail why that is no longer valid when Liberty went FBS.

But as someone who believes in hope and purposeful changed, guess that doesn't measure up to the constant whining and bitching that So many posters demand.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

So if I am being accused of wanting a better profile for UND than FBS Bowling Green, La-Monroe, or Coastal Carolina, guilty as charged.

If I am being charged with not running down the coaches and generally not bitching like other posters, here, guilty as charged.

If I am not kissing NDSU's ass like many of the posters here seem to demand, as if that the be end and all, guilty as charged.

Yes, sure seems to be that we have luke warm fans on this board that kiss ass to Moo U trolls, and especially when posters shoot an arrow at Moo U trolls.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2017 at 8:24 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Yes, sure seems to be that we have luke warm fans on this board that kiss ass to Moo U trolls, and especially when posters shoot an arrow at Moo U trolls.

Actually, yeah, the number of posters on this board that are obsessed with NDSU, and following them, and being attached to the hip with them is quite alarming IMO...........

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Winning the Big 4 Big Sky titles in 2016 (FB, VB, MBB, WBB)
A 2016 FCS playoff appearance
A Big Dance Appearance in 2016-17
The 2016 NCAA Mens Ice Hockey championship.
Hosting three straight western regional mens ice hockey events (2017, 2018, 2019) 

Having a president on record as supporting Athletics.
Having a president that took action to restore fiscal health to Athletics. 

Coaches think in "game stretches": these three on the road, the next two at home, these couple series before the break. 

Athletic Directors have to think in terms of years. They'll look at 2017 with due diligence, but good applicants will also see the foundations and the basis to build from based on the build up to 2016 also. 

I suspect when the list is down to an announced three or four there'll be some good candidates that are currently serving as high-level AADs at P5 schools. 

• Upvote 1

In the final 12, I understand that there are 3 current DI ADs with most of the rest being DI Associate ADs (Josh Morton being one of them) and some successful DII ADs .  All 12 should have completed video interviews with the committee by early this week.  The three recommended by the committee should be on campus by mid-January.  Kennedy will then make the decision.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4383197-und-narrows-athletic-director-candidates-four

The UND athletic director search committee narrowed the field of candidates to four during its meeting Thursday morning.

According to multiple sources, they are Eastern Washington athletic director Bill Chaves, Western Michigan associate athletic director Monty Porter, UND Champions Club executive director Mike Mannausau and Texas-San Antonio deputy athletic director Kellie Elliott.