SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD posting and hiring process

SiouxVolley

Again, what is the job Kennedy is looking to fill.

Don't say "AD".

What specific things does Kennedy have in mind for UND Athletics that the new AD will be held to achieve?

Only Kennedy know those, and he'll pick the person he believes will accomplish them.  

18 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Budgets and salaries are still too low. The budget he gave Mussman was a joke. He doesn’t inspire confidence. His smug anti social attitude has held us back.

As you can see by my prior posts, I am not a Faison fan at all. But.... he was handed a budget. All programs (except hockey) were continually underfunded. I don’t know where he could have found the $ to help FB to any great extent!

I know and like Mike and while I know he would work his rear off, I am not sure he is quite ready for the job.  Being successful at the job would require him (due to his limited experience) to surround himself with talented assistants. I have some concern whether Mike has the contacts/knowledge to know who can handle specific duties.  

IMO - he can not rely on some who are currently in the department. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I fully agree that he could have done much more to help raise $.  Too many feel that raising funds is not an AD’s job. It needs to be!

There's literally a guy who works under the Athletic Director in the Athletic offices whos main job it is to raise money....It's the also the AD's job to raise money. Its the Presidents job to raise money. It's basically everyone's job to raise money!!!

I like people who are good at their primary functions moreso than their secondary function that happens to be shared across the field.

....that reminds me. Grand Forks needs a full time mayor who can help raise money for the city.