SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD posting and hiring process

SiouxVolley

2 hours ago, ibleedgreen said:

Looking at the fundraising (Mannausau's expertise) that have taken place. What has he done that no other fundraising group (at the FCS level) hasn't done? What relationships does Mannausau have with the ladies and gentlemen of the NCAA?   If Bubba and company continue to have losing records do you think Mannausau has the balls to let the GOBC down and fire Bubba and company? The main reason I don't feel Mannausau is the right fit is because of the relationships he has within UND when times get tough.

Does an AD need experience/relationships?  It’s definately helpful but is it needed.  My opinion is you can surround yourself with that if needed.  

The next hire has to meet the need for UND.  Right now that could be fundraising and getting the old guard to open the checkbook or new businesses to donate.  

For me a well thought out vision is key.  Newly restructured dept. that has opportunity for growth

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I'm a Mannausau guy.  

Our last two "outside" AD hires haven't exactly hit home runs.  I say give him a shot if he interviews well.

Hired by Kupchella and Kelley. I wouldnt blame them but the ones hiring them. I want to believe that Kennedy knows what to do. And i want to believe he will hire with assistance of other intellects who will put more importance towards Basketball and Football since hockey can hold its own.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, homer said:

Does an AD need experience/relationships?  It’s definately helpful but is it needed.  My opinion is you can surround yourself with that if needed.  

The next hire has to meet the need for UND.  Right now that could be fundraising and getting the old guard to open the checkbook or new businesses to donate.  

For me a well thought out vision is key.  Newly restructured dept. that has opportunity for growth

I understand your point but if werent just talking about fundraising what does Mannausau bring to the table. If he says you need me to bring in more money to the athletic department. My question to him during the interview would be...why arent you already doing that? 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

I understand your point but if werent just talking about fundraising what does Mannausau bring to the table. If he says you need me to bring in more money to the athletic department. My question to him during the interview would be...why arent you already doing that? 

It's a fair question but it's not as if he could blame Faison in a public forum setting.

24 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Complacency?  They just hired Buning and Faison back to back. 

We won four conference titles in one year with arguable the laziest AD in all of college sports.  What could we do with somebody who actually cares about UND and wants to work year round?

Four conference titles that belong to the Big Sky and then they laid/laying an egg the following year. They better work harder. When they start playing in the MVFC and summit league i dont see conference titles coming that easy. 

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen said:

Just my opinion but for a while the leadership at UND had a personality that rivaled my kitchen table.  Unfortunately for UND that was also the time money was booming in the state.  

On the flip side other schools upgraded facilities with $30 million and it looked like they spent half that.  

I don’t know who my leader is but am confident our current leadership has a vision of what he wants athletics to be and will hire someone who shares that.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen said:

I understand your point but if werent just talking about fundraising what does Mannausau bring to the table. 

Voted Captian of his college football team among his peers.  He's a natural leader.  I understand his resume is light on paper, but that's on paper.  I am sure some others looked great on paper, and they weren't that great.....

I am not too concerned about experience in this case as he hits the ground running a mile ahead of anyone else.  I could also see Mike elevated, but in a #2 spot in this process.  Anyway, you asked and I am telling you, leadership, along with personality, and the guy just plain gets it.

55 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

According to gf herald

he admitted he doesn’t have any experience but will rely on his assistants to get him trained in. A team approach. 

Basically i I think he’s fit for the current position he’s in now 

With all the wealth you have I am sure Mike stops by your place often.  I thought you'd have a lot more insight....??

No??

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Voted Captian of his college football team among his peers.  He's a natural leader.  I understand his resume is light on paper, but that's on paper.  I am sure some others looked great on paper, and they weren't that great.....

I am not too concerned about experience in this case as he hits the ground running a mile ahead of anyone else.  I could also see Mike elevated, but in a #2 spot in this process.  Anyway, you asked and I am telling you, leadership, along with personality, and the guy just plain gets it.

How did he do as a coach?