SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD posting and hiring process

SiouxVolley

8 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Will you elaborate on this some more? I would like to know why you think he would move us closer to D11? 

Looking at the fundraising (Mannausau's expertise) that have taken place. What has he done that no other fundraising group (at the FCS level) hasn't done? What relationships does Mannausau have with the ladies and gentlemen of the NCAA?   If Bubba and company continue to have losing records do you think Mannausau has the balls to let the GOBC down and fire Bubba and company? The main reason I don't feel Mannausau is the right fit is because of the relationships he has within UND when times get tough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gfhockey said:

I’d prefer more experience over no expierence

i bet we get a curve ball and Kennedy hires the job jumper 

When I saw the final 4 candidates this was my exact same thought........................................you want to talk about a potential disaster!

8 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

I have spoken. Now let's hear your rebuttal....

I cant get this image out of my head of UNDBIZ and UNDvince97-01 on the left.

happygilmore.JPG

Haha settle down scooter. I just though it was a bold statement to say he would bring us closer to D11. Do you know him personally? Because if you don't then how do you know he wouldn't make a tough decision? Personally I think I would want Chaves but I also think it is short sighted to write Mike M off without hearing from him. 

8 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

I have spoken. Now let's hear your rebuttal....

I cant get this image out of my head of UNDBIZ and UNDvince97-01 on the left.

I was wondering how long it would take you to switch to personal shots after realizing your argument was ridiculous. 

giphy.webp

Hot takes everywhere today! I’d like to see what Chaves could do with better resources. That potential has me intrigued. I’m also a fan of Mannausau. Job jumper no thanks. WMU had some gusto statements. Whomever gets the job better have a vision to take us to the big time in every sport. We are a sleeping giant who has been in full hibernation mode for the entirety of our D1 existence.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Haha settle down scooter. I just though it was a bold statement to say he would bring us closer to D11. Do you know him personally? Because if you don't then how do you know he wouldn't make a tough decision? Personally I think I would want Chaves but I also think it is short sighted to write Mike M off without hearing from him. 

I do know him. Let's just say I was once a Mug Club owner as well.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

With the given situation I'm between Chaves and Porter. What's Eastern Wash's Athletic budget compared to ours?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

How's that a personal shot? Let's hear your side of the story snowflake.

Now some name-calling, careful, your intellect is showing.  Other than disagreeing with your statement that UND should never promote/hire internally, I'm not sure what your argument with me is.  But please continue with your uninformed statements and assumptions regarding the AD candidates.

2 hours ago, ibleedgreen said:

If he is the best candidate that really doesn't say much for the candidates who applied. UND is small time and should just move down to DII if they hire someone with absolutely no experience whatsoever! And the fact that you are arguing this makes me believe that people like you are the reason why UND DI transition has gone so poorly. We need someone with new visions....not just visions of what they know from their time at UND.

While I agree with your position that this hire is very important to the future of UND athletics, I do not think Mannausau is going to get the job. I think he is a token internal candidate who is there to satisfy the old guard. The guy from WMU sounded good. The guy from EWU sounds like a winner as well. I think it will be between those two. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Now some name-calling, careful, your intellect is showing.  Other than disagreeing with your statement that UND should never promote/hire internally, I'm not sure what your argument with me is.  But please continue with your uninformed statements and assumptions regarding the AD candidates.

Geez....loosen the belt Francis. Dont have to be so uptight. Are you always this sensitive?

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Chaves built ewu up 

was Manassau a good coach? His rrhs teams were winless

his Und defense teams sucked!

EWU won the title back in 2010 and hasn't done much since.      They've made the playoffs some years but I don't think it's been every year since 2010 and they certainly haven't made a lot of deep runs since then.  I doubt anyone thinks of EWU as a basketball dominant college either.     What exactly did he build up?

14 minutes ago, TRex said:

EWU won the title back in 2010 and hasn't done much since.      They've made the playoffs some years but I don't think it's been every year since 2010 and they certainly haven't made a lot of deep runs since then.  I doubt anyone thinks of EWU as a basketball dominant college either.     What exactly did he build up?

On the Basketball side he hired Hayford who did alright:  won a BSC title and made it to the NCAAs before heading off to Seattle U