SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ uw

AZSIOUX

Let's pretend no Olson or Hoff....

Gersich-Jones-Adams 

Pogo-Rhett-Mismash

JJ-Bowen-Gooch

Smith-Simo-Yon

Don't know if Simo will be back or not.  Has Yon ever played center?  I don't even like my lines here, I think Bowen and Smith need to play together. 

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Let's pretend no Olson or Hoff....

Gersich-Jones-Adams 

Pogo-Rhett-Mismash

JJ-Bowen-Gooch

Smith-Simo-Yon

Don't know if Simo will be back or not.  Has Yon ever played center?  I don't even like my lines here, I think Bowen and Smith need to play together. 

I do not think Yon has played center. 

Regardless, if we don’t have Hoff or Olson and Simo still isn’t ready, we’re probably gonna be double shifting a center. 

They did say eventually that they’d like to try Mismash at center. 

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If Simonson is out you start thinking of which d men can play wing on the fourth line.  

I know Casey Johnson did a time or two last year.  Wouldn't mind him with Bowen and Smith on a checking line. 

What about Gorna............. nevermind.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If Simonson is out you start thinking of which d men can play wing on the fourth line.  

I know Casey Johnson did a time or two last year.  Wouldn't mind him with Bowen and Smith on a checking line. 

Wooly could jump into a top 6 and I'd have no problem with that. I like our young D-men.

21 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Wooly could jump into a top 6 and I'd have no problem with that. I like our young D-men.

Not going to happen. This same question was always brought up with Genoway in him playing forward. Some player's offensive instincts and abilities are much better served from the back-end. Just because you're an offensive minded d-man doesn't necessarily mean you would make a good forward.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Not going to happen. This same question was always brought up with Genoway in him playing forward. Some player's offensive instincts and abilities are much better served from the back-end. Just because you're an offensive minded d-man doesn't necessarily mean you would make a good forward.

I mean, he's already done it in his career with UND and he played forward growing up and has played it most of his hockey life. He'd be one player that would be completely fine jumping into that role. So, everything you said in comparison to Chay is essentially irrelevant because he's already done it.

I agree with you said it won't happen, but was just saying I'd be ok with it.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If they need a D to move up this weekend my guess is Casey Johnson. 

I guess I don't understand... we've all been clamoring for more offense, no?

I feel like we all trust our freshmen D, so would moving Wooly up front be such a terrible idea?

Again, I don't think this will happen, I'm just saying I wouldn't mind terribly if it did.

• Upvote 1

If necessary, maybe, but having him on D gives opposing teams another dimension to plan against. He can either setup the forwards for success with good breakouts and following the play, or he can lead the rush. He's done well this year by picking his spots and maintaining solid defensive coverage. The few times he has been caught out of position, he's been able to skate his way back. Dare I say, moving him up to forward would make him easier to defend.

Plus, we supposedly have enough ice-worthy forwards to cover.

1 hour ago, SiouxTupa said:

If necessary, maybe, but having him on D gives opposing teams another dimension to plan against. He can either setup the forwards for success with good breakouts and following the play, or he can lead the rush. He's done well this year by picking his spots and maintaining solid defensive coverage. The few times he has been caught out of position, he's been able to skate his way back. Dare I say, moving him up to forward would make him easier to defend.

Haha I agree, but this seems to be a point of contention of many posters on here.

4 hours ago, SiouxTupa said:

Much easier, I would never move the best dman to forward, I'd start with whoever would be the #7 dman that night and move him to the 4th line.