SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Bucky TV options

Blackheart

On 10/30/2017 at 9:51 AM, tnt said:

Do you just have to put in your account number on the Roku to get the btn2go, or do you have to set up some user id and password ahead of time?

Just checked my btn2go app on roku. It's  a process you'll want to do ahead of time. The settings require you to access the btn web site (url is shown on the roku app), select your tv provider and enter the code from the roku and you're good to go 

1 hour ago, sprig said:

Just checked my btn2go app on roku. It's  a process you'll want to do ahead of time. The settings require you to access the btn we site (url is shown on the roku app), select your tv provider on the web site, where you'll then get a code to enter on the roku app. That's it. 

Yeah, I did it last night.  Went pretty smooth.  Appreciate the input. 

15 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yeah, I did it last night.  Went pretty smooth.  Appreciate the input. 

I had the steps a bit screwed up, corrected it in my original post. Most won't need the directions, as they are clearly shown on the roku the first time you try to access btn2go, as you know 

3 hours ago, SiouxTupa said:

I think I have a working TV login, but I'm curious if the BTN Plus monthly subscription would work? It says programming available on BTN2Go works with it. Then it would be $10 for the weekend (for just the two UW games.) I'm not finding a ton of concrete info, though.

Let us know if u confirm this - do u think u have to join something else to get this ?

22 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

Only if you have a package that includes the BTN, correct?

Yes, didn't know there were packages without it. BTN and FSN are included with most if not all midco packages. Does not need the sports and entertainment add-on

Well, I think I'm set with Midco, but in digging a bit deeper I found the FAQ:

Games and events included in your BTN Plus subscription are non-televised games and events. To check if a game is included with your BTN Plus subscription, look for the "BTN Plus" designation next to the game or event you want to watch. A BTN Plus Subscription does not include access to other televised (BTN/ESPN/CBS/etc.) content on BTN2Go, such as Big Ten football games. 

So since these are televised games, and they don't indicate BTN Plus next to the schedule, that subscription would not be the way to go.

2 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Having never seen NCHC TV & after watching PIG10 TV this past weekend - how do they compare ?

PS....the coverage for bucky was pretty good

Depends on the school.  UND's production is comparable to the Wisco production, however Colorado College's was much worse picture and camera work.  As far as the actual stream goes, NCHC doesn't seem to freeze or glitch much.

1 minute ago, Fetch said:

Having never seen NCHC TV & after watching PIG10 TV this past weekend - how do they compare ?

NCHC streams as well, other than that, depends on the venue. CCs was terrible, one camera, like watching from the upper deck through backwards binoculars,  only with poorer color. Most others are better than that

8 minutes ago, sprig said:

NCHC streams as well, other than that, depends on the venue. CCs was terrible, one camera, like watching from the upper deck through backwards binoculars,  only with poorer color. Most others are better than that

Duluth has  an absolutely horrible broadcast. Their color commentator sounds like a drunk belligerent fan. Play by play was not quite as bad.

I can certainly recognize that the announcers are going to lean a bit towards the home team, but I also expect them to call the game, not be a fan. I think UND's broadcast team, and Wisconsin's as well do a great job of this. Duluth and CC, not so much. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Depends on the school.  UND's production is comparable to the Wisco production, however Colorado College's was much worse picture and camera work.  As far as the actual stream goes, NCHC doesn't seem to freeze or glitch much.

If my memory recalls correctly, I feel St Cloud’s and maybe Miami? streams are pretty good. CC was terrible, and I feel like Western and Duluth aren’t great either. 

9 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

If my memory recalls correctly, I feel St Cloud’s and maybe Miami? streams are pretty good. CC was terrible, and I feel like Western and Duluth aren’t great either. 

I watched a Miami game earlier this year.  Camera work was rough and they constantly changed between camera angles when they shouldn't have, but the picture was clean.

46 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Duluth has  an absolutely horrible broadcast. Their color commentator sounds like a drunk belligerent fan. Play by play was not quite as bad.

I can certainly recognize that the announcers are going to lean a bit towards the home team, but I also expect them to call the game, not be a fan. I think UND's broadcast team, and Wisconsin's as well do a great job of this. Duluth and CC, not so much. 

I love that Burish kept saying they will always be the Sioux to him and that the worst cut UND has made was cutting the sweet logo off the jerseys

• Upvote 1