SiouxSports.com Forum

Coordinators & Position Coaches

bincitysioux

Maybe they never throw the ball in practice?   Just run dive plays for two hours with the plan of running out the clock and winning 2-0?

for the life of me I cannot see anyone putting BH ahead of Zim just based on throwing alone.  Maybe BH had everything else on him, but isn't throwing the ball kinda important for the position?

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, BigGame said:

They are all guesses big guy, people on this board do not know what really went down.  I heard from a guy who knows isn't fact.  

Think what you wish. You obviously have it all figured out, to the point where you must educate us all on here. I'll continue to point to the 3-6 record while you point at how it's "supposed" to be done or how it "probably" happened. 

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

You are wrong.  All the guys on the team know who can game and who can't.  It was true when I played, and it's true today.

I'm just stating I heard the exact same thing about BH outperforming AZ in practice, which is why he won the back-up job. There was clearly a difference between that and what happened on the actual field, which is why the change was made.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I'm just stating I heard the exact same thing about BH outperforming AZ in practice, which is why he won the back-up job. There was clearly a difference between that and what happened on the actual field, which is why the change was made.

My hunch - Outperforming in practice means checking to the correct run play at a higher efficiency than the other guy.  So by that definition I can see what you are saying.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Zim didn’t look all that great when I attended the scrimmage this summer. That said, it was already clear by that point that Heidlebaugh should have already switched positions becuse he can’t get the ball out of his hand fast enough due to his mechanics. He’s just not a natural thrower of the football.

3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

You can spare me the lecture. I don't go to practices so I have not idea what goes on there but I do watch the games and what I saw was a night and day difference. Zim is clearly the better QB and Brad should not be playing that position. Did you watch the Montana game? Did you see his one pass against Weber last season? 

No, I am not incompetent, my opinion is based off what I saw in games and Brad H is not good. Since you are so cool maybe you should have let this board and the 50 other people ragging on Brad after the Montana game know that you had all this super secret information.

Why do you have to be so mean? Seriously. Why? Isn't there a nicer way to disagree? 

It's replies like this that are a real stain to this board.

I agree with you - there IS a night and day difference between Brad and Zim. It's obvious. And yes I was at the Montana game and was screaming out loud to put Zim in the game throughout the first half. And I was at the Weber game. But my post wasn't defending the decision to start Brad... I was just passing along information. You appear to missed the entire point of my post.

Once again I am not a Heidelbaugh apologist. I brought this up because there is a mob mentality that Bubba and Rudy refused to start Zim because they are stubborn and refuse to admit a mistake. But according to the players I've spoken to Brad earned the start with his practice play - the coaches went with the player that earned it. That's all. I'm not defending Rudy, or Bubba, or Brad, or anyone. Just passing along information.

49 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

Why do you have to be so mean? Seriously. Why? Isn't there a nicer way to disagree? 

It's replies like this that are a real stain to this board.

I agree with you - there IS a night and day difference between Brad and Zim. It's obvious. And yes I was at the Montana game and was screaming out loud to put Zim in the game throughout the first half. And I was at the Weber game. But my post wasn't defending the decision to start Brad... I was just passing along information. You appear to missed the entire point of my post.

Once again I am not a Heidelbaugh apologist. I brought this up because there is a mob mentality that Bubba and Rudy refused to start Zim because they are stubborn and refuse to admit a mistake. But according to the players I've spoken to Brad earned the start with his practice play - the coaches went with the player that earned it. That's all. I'm not defending Rudy, or Bubba, or Brad, or anyone. Just passing along information.

I apologize as I did not try to be mean. You did call me incompetent in your original post, which I obviously disagree with and thought was a bit much since I only stated is seems Rudy likes Brad at Qb for some reason. I do not have, or want that inside access so I am simply judging by what I see during games.

I do appreciate the insight you provide so please keep it coming. Again, sorry for coming off as mean.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I apologize as I did not try to be mean. You did call me incompetent in your original post, which I obviously disagree with and thought was a bit much since I only stated is seems Rudy likes Brad at Qb for some reason. I do not have, or want that inside access so I am simply judging by what I see during games.

I do appreciate the insight you provide so please keep it coming. Again, sorry for coming off as mean.

What I was trying to say with this sentence...

"This incompetent and stubborn theme that has become the narrative simply isn't true based on players I've talked to."

... was that the "incompetent and stubborn" narrative that has become attached to Rudy and Bubba simply isn't true (at least in this instance) based on the fact that Brad earned the start with his practice habits. I was not taking a shot at you.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Zim didn’t look all that great when I attended the scrimmage this summer. That said, it was already clear by that point that Heidlebaugh should have already switched positions becuse he can’t get the ball out of his hand fast enough due to his mechanics. He’s just not a natural thrower of the football.

After last season, I thought he would switch positions going into this year but UND did a terrible job of recruiting QB's for a couple years and likely forced them to leave him at QB.