SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I wouldn’t mind a trial of Gersich-Adams-Gooch.  Three playmakers with a gritty center that can help break the puck out.

None of those three play center. 

Im also not a fan of giving top 6 minutes to someone who hasn’t earned those minutes just because they’re a known as a scorer. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I wouldn’t mind a trial of Gersich-Adams-Gooch.  Three playmakers with a gritty center that can help break the puck out.

Not sure who plays center there though.  Gooch played some center in juniors but from the looks of it he isn’t ready to play center in college yet.

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

None of those three play center. 

Im also not a fan of giving top 6 minutes to someone who hasn’t earned those minutes just because they’re a known as a scorer. 

My fault, I meant Jones instead of Adams. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Add Hoff as a left wing with Gardner and pogo. Kawaguchi needs in as well.  Has to play through his struggles.  Others looked worse than him last night.  Just because he was known as a high power offensive guy and he isn’t scoring, doesn’t mean he just sits.

For me it would be between Hoff, Yon, Janatuinen, and Kawaguchi right now for those last 2 forward spots and I'd go with Yon and Hoff. I know Kawaguchi is young and it is alright to struggle but the problem isn't just that he isn't scoring it's that he hasn't played real well in any area consistently. I thought he had some moments last weekend but it just seems too often right now where he isn't impacting the game at all. It is alright if you aren't scoring but you better bring it in other areas like the defensive zone, wall battles, forecheck, physical play, etc.

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

For me it would be between Hoff, Yon, Janatuinen, and Kawaguchi right now for those last 2 forward spots and I'd go with Yon and Hoff. It know Kawaguchi needs to work through struggles the problem isn't just that he isn't scoring its that he hasn't played real well in any area consistently. I thought he had some moments last weekend but it just seems too often right now where he isn't impacting the game at all. It is alright if you aren't scoring but you better bring it in other areas like the defensive zone, wall battles, forecheck, physical play, etc.

Did he go minus last night?  Who’s line was getting scored on (I know one was a pp)

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Did he go minus last night?  Who’s line was getting scored on (I know one was a pp)

Even. Jones, Mismash, and Adams were -1. I think the lineup will be different than what I posted tonight anyway because I'm not sure Simonson is healthy. I'm also not sure who made the trip I know for sure TH mentioned Rieger and Smith as in the seats last night but I'd be surprised if Kiersted was healthy and didn't travel. 

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Even. Jones, Mismash, and Adams were -1. I think the lineup will be different than what I posted tonight anyway because I'm not sure Simonson is healthy. I'm also not sure who made the trip I know for sure TH mentioned Rieger and Smith as in the seats last night but I'd be surprised if Kiersted was healthy and didn't travel. 

Simo didn't make the trip 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Fair enough........then it goes back to UND has minimal offensive talent. Can't have it both ways..............UND generated very little 5x5 expect down the stretch when CC was playing not to give up a goal.

Still think this Oxbow after we put 6 on the tigers the next night?

• Upvote 2