SiouxSports.com Forum

FIRE RUDOLPH

geaux_sioux

10 hours ago, TRex said:

Any guesses when the ax falls?    I'll say it happens, but not this coming week.    I think Bubba lets the dust settle and tries to pretend that it's not a snap decision.  

Unfortunately it feels like this is still very much a matter of "if," not "when."

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah, because a 3-8 season during an expected top 10 year is completely excusable by injuries ...

hell, the injuries were so devastating that UND didn't even have to be held to competiveness standards ... 

Ridiculous, this season was screwed from the get go and I can't believe people don't realize that. There needs to be better leadership, teaching/coaching, and obvious better play out on the field. 

Maybe the only plan for change is to hire a team proctologist.

#buttinjuries 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:51 PM, geaux_sioux said:

So who should replace Rudy if he's fired? Anyone got any good ideas?

Should have just fired Rudolph before this last game just to see what Freund can do with the offense?!? Anything would have been better then Rudolph. That toss play works sometimes but he called that play 3-4 times in one drive and the opposing coaches were calling it from the sidelines. He's just so predictable and its getting old.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah, because a 3-8 season during an expected top 10 year is completely excusable by injuries ...

hell, the injuries were so devastating that UND didn't even have to be held to competiveness standards ... 

Ridiculous, this season was screwed from the get go and I can't believe people don't realize that. There needs to be better leadership, teaching/coaching, and obviously better play out on the field. 

The backup players looked like Division III players, certainly not Division I backups, even if they were young. No skill whatsoever. There's perhaps a reason why many of these recruits that Bubba gets have nothing but DII offers. 

Nailed it!  Finally someone is at least saying it!   

• Upvote 1

The offense averaged just shy of 400 yards and 25 points/game, including 172 yards rushing on 4.9 yards/carry. With the type of grind it out, smash mouth football that this team is supposed to play, that should be more than sufficient to set the team up for the success assuming the defense holds up its end of the bargain. Not going to beat a dead horse on why it didn't or how UND should have completely changed their offensive identity mid-season, but just putting a little perspective out there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If Rudolph still has a job today, he is not going anywhere. My contention that he is running the offense the way Bubba wants it run stands. If Bubba didn't like the offensive scheme, he has had 3 years before this one to change things, including either sending Rudy down the road or directing Rudy to open up the play book more.

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Ridiculous, this season was screwed from the get go and I can't believe people don't realize that. There needs to be better leadership, teaching/coaching, and obviously better play out on the field. 

The backup players looked like Division III players, certainly not Division I backups, even if they were young. No skill whatsoever. There's perhaps a reason why many of these recruits that Bubba gets have nothing but DII offers. 

So which backups didn’t look the part in your opinion? 

20 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The offense averaged just shy of 400 yards and 25 points/game, including 172 yards rushing on 4.9 yards/carry. With the type of grind it out, smash mouth football that this team is supposed to play, that should be more than sufficient to set the team up for the success assuming the defense holds up its end of the bargain. Not going to beat a dead horse on why it didn't or how UND should have completely changed their offensive identity mid-season, but just putting a little perspective out there.

I didn't break down the yards per game but I did look at the scores of the non-conference games since Bubba took over. In those four years, UND is averaging a little over 17 points.  We know the Big Sky isn't a conference known for playing defense. Even the teams in the non-conference schedule aren't great defensive teams (Drake, Mizz State) The MVFC does play defense...I believe Rudy has to go.  There needs to be better use of the personnel we have and take advantage of matchups.  I don't mind the philosophy, but I don't think Rudy implements a very good game plan.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Well, firing season is alive and well somewhere in ND.

UMary's AD fired their head FB coach and then named himself interim head FB coach. 

Or, in other words, Lennon fired Kotelnicki; Lennon names Lennon interim head FB coach. 

I have a perfect candidate for UMary... loads of DII & NSIC experience. Added bonus: permanently resides a mere 115 miles away in Minot ND. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Westside said:

I have a perfect candidate for UMary... loads of DII & NSIC experience. Added bonus: permanently resides a mere 115 miles away in Minot ND. 

Perfect way to save face for Rudolph, and get the result that a lot of fans want at UND.  I like it.......

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I totally get the frustration and yes there were some games where it was really bad.  This last game however, the game came down to the last two minutes against a top 20 team and if we didn't fumble at the 1 yard line maybe we win.   If our offense was better and able to convert this was a winnable game, to me the EWU loss is on the offense.......which we were suppose to have such a high powered offense this year, which not being able to score against EWU is not good.  Need a lot better OL play and a better coordinator.  I think the jury is still out on some of the younger guys yet.  You may very well be right that they just aren't any good, but I'm not willing to go that far quite yet.  

40 minutes ago, UND Dood said:

Bubba's press conference today, "No staff changes"

Yeah ... 

DICTIONARY
insanity×

in·san·i·ty
inˈsanədē/
noun
  1. the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.
    "he suffered from bouts of insanity"
    synonyms: mental illness, madnessdementiaMore

• extreme foolishness or irrationality.
      plural noun: insanities
      "it might be pure insanity to take this loan"
      synonyms: follyfoolishnessmadnessidiocystupiditylunacysilliness;
      informalcraziness
      "it would be insanity to take this loan"