SiouxSports.com Forum

FIRE RUDOLPH

geaux_sioux

Bubba and Brian Faison have had more on there plate than maybe any school in the country. Bubba injuries Brian telling people they no longer have a job. Question-- Is there another school in the country that didn't come up with the funds for championship rings? Is that what the state thinks of UND?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, TRex said:

Making the playoffs isn't good enough.   We've already done that.   Minimum we should settle for is at least on playoff win.   And really, it should be two wins or a first round bye and a win.   We need to move forward and soon or this program moves backward, and that's what's happened already.   We have a couple years to get ready for MVFC or we are screwed and become a permanent bottom feeder like Mo State and Ind State.

I'm not 100% sure getting rid of Rudy is the answer, but we have to start somewhere.    At any rate, playoff win or else.

I was really only stating the minimum qualifications for keeping his job. Obviously, progress would be a playoff win.

So how many people will renew their season tickets that got them for the first time this year? I know a guy and his wife from work that just got them this year isn't going to renew.  Can't blame him when you can predict the play calling.

Just now, moser53 said:

Bubba and Brian Faison have had more on there plate than maybe any school in the country. Bubba injuries Brian telling people they no longer have a job. Question-- Is there another school in the country that didn't come up with the funds for championship rings? Is that what the state thinks of UND?

The state gives UND a lump sum of money based on credits. How UND prioritizes spending that money is up to UND, but I certainly hope rings are lower on the priority list than most other things. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

The state gives UND a lump sum of money based on credits. How UND prioritizes spending that money is up to UND, but I certainly hope rings are lower on the priority list than most other things. 

Funding for championship rings should be done through additional booster fundraising IMO.  

• Upvote 1

A walk on and Frosh Inside Backers, Harris out for the year, Holm out a lot.  Reyes out completely by game 4?  4 first year starters on the O line most of the year.....  True Freshmen at corner who save for injuries would be red shirted?  I don't know a lot about UND football but I do know that 4 out of 5 teams in that position at the FCS  level would not have the depth to overcome it.  And don't think for one minute the recruits you want to bring in are not READING THESE BLOGS.  They google everything.  Bubba on the hot seat, fire THEIR recruiting coordinator = maybe I will go some place closer to home, not as cold, to a coach that has been with the program longer.  Just think about it - very few comments are helping your own cause

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Norhsidepride said:

A walk on and Frosh Inside Backers, Harris out for the year, Holm out a lot.  Reyes out completely by game 4?  4 first year starters on the O line most of the year.....  True Freshmen at corner who save for injuries would be red shirted?  I don't know a lot about UND football but I do know that 4 out of 5 teams in that position at the FCS  level would not have the depth to overcome it.  And don't think for one minute the recruits you want to bring in are not READING THESE BLOGS.  They google everything.  Bubba on the hot seat, fire THEIR recruiting coordinator = maybe I will go some place closer to home, not as cold, to a coach that has been with the program longer.  Just think about it - very few comments are helping your own cause

I think you'll find these comments are pretty common on  fan message boards.

5 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Funding for championship rings should be done through additional booster fundraising IMO.  

Speaking of rings. Some how the athletic department needs to find a way to fund or get the players rings. !@#!$ season or not the kids deserve it. I can tell you that most of the players if not all were and are upset about it. I bet they are the first big sky champions to not recieve them. Pretty sad a DIV 1 program can't find a way. This will also not help with recuiting the top players thats for sure. The team down south seems to find a way! 

5 minutes ago, Norhsidepride said:

I don't know the technical side of the game but you are spot on about injuries and depth....great point. Recruits ARE reading this and their parents.  

I mean from an admin standpoint, what could Bubba change and announce today?  He is out on a limb, pretty much alone.  The AD is on cruise control until 12/31/17; he will make no decisions for Bubba.  There are public issues like injuries but who knows how many private issues? These are real headaches.  I know some of Bubba's family and they all have integrity, a lot.  SO is winning more important than integrity? Can you have both? Teams do when they have their eye on the prize and support underclassmen.  If the only goal is to win, then something else will suffer. I am a little to philosophical but we need to support our coach now more than ever.

19 minutes ago, Norhsidepride said:

You think recruits can't figure out on their own that we have massive problems without reading it on a blog?    They aren't stupid,  it's pretty apparent more than a few things need to be overhauled.     

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TRex said:

You think recruits can't figure out on their own that we have massive problems without reading it on a blog?    They aren't stupid,  it's pretty apparent more than a few things need to be overhauled.     

I don't think we have massive problems and I'm on this blog daily. I hope the recruits can see that some disgruntled fans think it's the coaches' fault we had injuries and a sucky season. 

17 minutes ago, moser53 said:

I think you'll find these comments are pretty common on  fan message boards.

Maybe we could strive to be better than those other boards  

I stood and talked with a current players parents at the SUU game.  The father told me he reads this message board after games.  I'm sure recruits do too. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

I don't know the technical side of the game but you are spot on about injuries and depth....great point. Recruits ARE reading this and their parents.  

I mean from an admin standpoint, what could Bubba change and announce today?  He is out on a limb, pretty much alone.  The AD is on cruise control until 12/31/17; he will make no decisions for Bubba.  There are public issues like injuries but who knows how many private issues? These are real headaches.  I know some of Bubba's family and they all have integrity, a lot.  SO is winning more important than integrity? Can you have both? Teams do when they have their eye on the prize and support underclassmen.  If the only goal is to win, then something else will suffer. I am a little to philosophical but we need to support our coach now more than ever.

I'm not quite sure what to make out of your word soup, but it sounds like your definition of "integrity" is allowing under-performing people who report to you keep their jobs because you are a "friend".  Under your definition, an employer who lets an employee go because he/she is not getting the job done lacks "integrity".  Bubba also has a duty to his employer to do what is best to become a winning football program.  That includes making hard decisions.  Bubba's family probably has a lot of integrity, but his brother lobbied long and hard with the good old boys and former players to get Bubba this job.  Time to get things right in this program starting with the Head Coach.  

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, tnt said:

So how many people will renew their season tickets that got them for the first time this year? I know a guy and his wife from work that just got them this year isn't going to renew.  Can't blame him when you can predict the play calling.

Not my 1st year with season tickets, no matter the coaches and no matter the record I will be there. If they went 0-11 this year I would still renew, obviously I would hope it would never get that bad but I’ll be there. I’m not willing to give up on the coaching staff yet, clean house and see who wants to be a hawk. It definitely was time to probably get rid of Rudolph and Knauf but the 2018 version of the hawks will be interesting.

I don’t have the “inside” info that a couple of you do so I won’t comment on the whole suspensions thing quite yet. 

You are talking about 1st year ticket holders and wouldn’t be surprised if many of those people don’t renew, I wouldn’t blame them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Irish said:

I'm not quite sure what to make out of your word soup, but it sounds like your definition of "integrity" is allowing under-performing people who report to you keep their jobs because you are a "friend".  Under your definition, an employer who lets an employee go because he/she is not getting the job done lacks "integrity".  Bubba also has a duty to his employer to do what is best to become a winning football program.  That includes making hard decisions.  Bubba's family probably has a lot of integrity, but his brother lobbied long and hard with the good old boys and former players to get Bubba this job.  Time to get things right in this program starting with the Head Coach.  

Are you calling for Bubba to get fired?

3 minutes ago, TRex said:

Actually.... they are 17 and being recruited by coaches they like and are being wined and dined by..... so NO many dont see your massive problems.  Wow

5 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Are you calling for Bubba to get fired?

Not right now, but I am more than disgusted about the lack of changes.  When our play calling becomes a joke and our entire section can predict the next play with about 80% accuracy then it is time to make a move.   I am beyond frustrated with Bubba that he doesn't have the stones to get rid of Rudolph.  If he was fired I wouldn't lose any sleep.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Irish said:

Not right now, but I am more than disgusted about the lack of changes.  When our play calling becomes a joke and our entire section can predict the next play with about 80% accuracy then it is time to make a move.   I am beyond frustrated with Bubba that he doesn't have the stones to get rid of Rudolph.  If he was fired I wouldn't lose any sleep.

So if he gets fired, where do you see the program? How many of Ott, Larson and others leave for other places? How many of the recruits who verballed are gone? How long before the next guy gets us to where we were last year and likely would have gotten without all the injuries?

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Irish said:

I agree with you Rudolph needs to go but this is probably how he wants it, offense wasn’t bad this year, considering the young line but the play calling was very predictable and repetetive. 

What Bubba wants to do as a football team:

Great defense (two most worried people in the stadium are QB and QB’s mother, didn’t see that this year)

Control time of possession(hard to do that with a young line)

Run the ball up the other teams ass and do it repeatedly(play calling goes into this though, doesnt mean you have to be predictable and run on 1st down every time.)

This isn’t going to work with all the injuries we had and maybe even without the injuries we had. 

I was dissapointed in the coaching staff, they couldn’t adapt to anything this year. 

Very disapointed Rudolph isnt gone

• Upvote 1

Frankly, with the early signing period coming up in a little over a month, I'm not surprised with Bubba's answer today. Right or wrong, nothing changes a recruit's mind faster than letting go of coaches who recruited them.

Not saying he will, but nothing is stopping him from changing his mind over the next month or two as things are further evaluated. 

• Upvote 2